Tracking large animals...?

Lord Gem

Hello, can anyone tell me if there is a mod that enables tracking to work for animals other than chicken and rabbits....tracking them is fine but I use the more animal mod and tracking does not work with them. 

Sorry please ignore this silly question it requires higher level of tracking I see now.

Edited by Lord Gem (see edit history)

When you get beyond chickens and rabbits big animals eat you.

I don't see any need for tracking large animals in the polar biome they're common.

In the desert and the wasteland they're not as common but not at all hard to find.

In the forest biome they're not very common I can see why it might be handy there. Explore some farm plots and you'll find pigs. There's a few pois that have animals in them. Look for a trailer with a pit just beside it.

Edited by ElCabong (see edit history)

13 hours ago, Rotor said:

Beware of pigs!

Yea pigs are not "free food" when you are first starting out and unprepared.  Its a fight.  Get some skill points and a decent weapon and you can start farming them though.  Gain a few dozen levels and a good compund bow/xbow and you can start harvesting every bear and buck you come across as you travel.  Your meat problems will be over eventually.

8 minutes ago, Orclover said:

Yea pigs are not "free food" when you are first starting out and unprepared.  Its a fight.  Get some skill points and a decent weapon and you can start farming them though.  Gain a few dozen levels and a good compund bow/xbow and you can start harvesting every bear and buck you come across as you travel.  Your meat problems will be over eventually.

Or you could wait for A21.3 experimental when they add the meat collector...

Roland, I am joking. :)

I thought you tracked more animals as you leveled up in animal tracking? Though to be honest, tracking a deer or bear is much easier than tracking a chicken in the words. Chickens would hardly leave a trail in grass, vs a heavy bear/deer

34 minutes ago, warmer said:

I thought you tracked more animals as you leveled up in animal tracking? Though to be honest, tracking a deer or bear is much easier than tracking a chicken in the words. Chickens would hardly leave a trail in grass, vs a heavy bear/deer

I thought that's how it worked as well, but to be honest, I haven't bothered using that perk since A19 since animals in vanilla A20 are hilariously easy to find. Can barely ride around on my bike without accidentally running over a chicken or rabbit.

3 hours ago, warmer said:

thanks to everyone for the comments.....yes I understand that pigs, or Boars as the case may be are a big danger....lol...but yes my confusion was that at first level I could see chicken and bunnies which in real life are harder to track then Deer and Bears. But using the More animals mod means there are more of them and I figure the skill wasn't working. they should add deer to the first level but I'll get there eventually...if I stop restarting every time I die to something stupid.....lol