Object reference Error

StormWinters

Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Game Version: A20.5 (b2)

Platform: Steam

OS/Version: Windows

Game mode: NAV. Both MP and SP
-(Error First encountered when joining MP game then tested with SP, sith same result)

Did you wipe old saves? No

Did you start a new game? Yes

Did you validate your files? Yes

Are you using any mods? No

EAC on or off? On.

Bug Description: Loading game whether joining a game or starting a new single player results in "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" Text during Loading.

Log is attempt to Load a Single Player World
https://justpaste.it/SWError1

9 hours ago, StormWinters said:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Game Version: A20.5 (b2)

Platform: Steam

OS/Version: Windows

Game mode: NAV. Both MP and SP
-(Error First encountered when joining MP game then tested with SP, sith same result)

Did you wipe old saves? No

Did you start a new game? Yes

Did you validate your files? Yes

Are you using any mods? No

EAC on or off? On.

Bug Description: Loading game whether joining a game or starting a new single player results in "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" Text during Loading.

"Loaded world file from different version: 'Alpha 21 (b11)'"

How did that come about? How did you create your single-player world?

16 minutes ago, meganoth said:

"Loaded world file from different version: 'Alpha 21 (b11)'"

How did that come about? How did you create your single-player world?

They pushed the A21 Navezgane up.  So he is using the TFP created main map.  I made the same mistake recently myself.

10 hours ago, StormWinters said:

The first error I am seeing looks like it is tied to your character 

2022-08-02T13:18:27 265.792 INF Loading players.xml
IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
  at Archetypes.BuildUMA (Archetype _archetype, UMA.UMAData _umaData, SlotLibrary _slotLib, OverlayLibrary _overlayLib, Entity _entity, System.String _profileName, System.Boolean _showPreviewSlots, System.Boolean _useCustomColors, UnityEngine.Color hair, UnityEngine.Color eye, UnityEngine.Color skin, PlayerProfile _playerProfile) [0x00398] in <6a01347f98174dbdb41cb4a4eedf5af7>:0 

Based on that error message, I would do the following:

Go to game launcher and select the tools option, then clean out all files (including profile data).  Remove the archtypes.xml file and have steam validate the files at least twice to get it to download again.

I don't see any mods being loaded, but did you have any mods previously, like a mod for the survivor?  If your profile is based off of a previous mod you have loaded up, you would get these types of errors if you remove the mod, but kept the profile.

Unsure where to find the archtypes.xml file. seached my 7 days fies and nothing showed up, unless im looking in the wrong location.
(I do appologise, I have only had a PC for 4 months so learning file management when it comes to games is still rather new to me)

No mods previously. Everything is just plain 7 days.

1 hour ago, Jugginator said:

Skip to the part when I show deleting the registry, if using the game cleaning tool to wipe out game settings and profile doesn't work. This issue shouldn't require deleting any saves or worlds

Can you do the video again but in a higher pitch?  Your voice is too low and relaxing, making me think I am listening to a NPR podcast instead of someone versed in computers explaining how to fix something.  😉

All kidding aside, nice video.  Clear instructions and all.

2 hours ago, BFT2020 said:

Can you do the video again but in a higher pitch?  Your voice is too low and relaxing, making me think I am listening to a NPR podcast instead of someone versed in computers explaining how to fix something.  😉

All kidding aside, nice video.  Clear instructions and all.

LOL Thanks, I'll be sure to put a "grab a cup of tea" disclaimer on future videos. I do need to re-record that in 2k resolution at some point + that one is pretty old now. That headset is gone but I'll do another when my new one comes in. Maybe I'll use a voice changer for ya.