My Prefab Builder Software. Release it or Not?

AussieWombat

Hi All,

Another Update coming your way. Have added the 'Block Tools' Menu items. Add / remove row, Add / remove column, Add / remove Layer and Fill Layer. Still working on 'Replace Block'

Full archive 7DaysToDiePrefabBuilder_A6_V0.62.zip - All files for program to run

TKN Archive 7DaysToDiePrefabBuilder_TKN_A6_V0.62.zip for those that have the full archive already and just need the TKN replacement file and changelog.txt file.

@ Laz Man, will have a look at how hard your request will be to implement. Yes makes it hard with random spawn points now.

Enjoy. Remember , this program is free to use...

Aussie Wombat

[edit] [email protected] for program fix's or errors [/edit]

I'm back

After fun with the 7dtd 6.1 for the last few days I fired up you program,

Color blocks are great.:)

If you get the chance adding shapes to the cubes like wedges, half block and etc, etc. would be a nice improvement.

But I stuck with finding Bugs this round.

Need to add closed statement when program crashes. The program stay in memory after crash.

"add/remove columns, rows and layers" will cause the program to crash when savings after they are used. Also they can corrupted the file.

"In 3d view" should have the render cancelled if one of the "Display buttons or the close X is selected so you are not waiting for the render to finish. This helps with big pre fabs.

Is there a way in 3d view to keep it in mem after the initial re-gen. So when you change layer high it dose not need to re-generate the hole thing.

In the build, when you save with new name it dose not put the .tts on the file.

Its coming along.:)

Hey Aussie, how does the fill layer feature work? I select the option in the menu but the layer doesn't seem to fill with the block I have selected. I am most likely running into a user error issue here.

You select the block using the combo box's for block, orientation and damage. then select 'block tools/fill layer' and it should fill the layer with the selection.

Which block are you trying to fill with? Maybe , more by accident, than by design, the colour for that block is white or very close to it. I start at 255,255,255 in the colours, then subtract 45 from the red (r,g,b) until it is below zero, then subtract 45 from the green, and reset red to 255 and start again, cycling through until green is below zero, then onto the blue.. I'm pretty sure that white can't come around again, with 747 blocks/sub-blocks.

If you fill then middle click, does it say the block is air(nothing) or the block you have selected to fill with..

AussieWombat

[edit] thinking about what I wrote, maybe white can come around again. will check it out [/edit]

ok , seems my formula triples up the colours. I will fix in the next update, when I add replace block...

Aussiewombat

- - - Updated - - -

ok , seems my formula triples up the colours. I will fix in the next update, when I add replace block...

Aussiewombat

- - - Updated - - -

question to moderator. why is it ----Updated ---- my posts when I post. It doubles up the text...

AussieWombat

- - - Updated - - -

question to moderator. why is it ----Updated ---- my posts when I post. It doubles up the text...

AussieWombat

You select the block using the combo box's for block, orientation and damage. then select 'block tools/fill layer' and it should fill the layer with the selection.

Which block are you trying to fill with? Maybe , more by accident, than by design, the colour for that block is white or very close to it. I start at 255,255,255 in the colours, then subtract 45 from the red (r,g,b) until it is below zero, then subtract 45 from the green, and reset red to 255 and start again, cycling through until green is below zero, then onto the blue.. I'm pretty sure that white can't come around again, with 747 blocks/sub-blocks.

If you fill then middle click, does it say the block is air(nothing) or the block you have selected to fill with..

AussieWombat

[edit] thinking about what I wrote, maybe white can come around again. will check it out [/edit]

Ok I will give it a go when I get home. Ad a side note, is there a max size prefab? I recently tried a 150 x 150 x 50 grid and received a j ustbasic error. Will post error log later.

I put together a diagram of the 4 most common orientations that I use for single sided blocks and power pole type blocks. If this is helpful to anyone, I have attached it below. It has helped me speed up my creations. Enjoy!

EDIT: Bah, uploading images to forums makes it too small. Here is a download link instead.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0ihvurevdoszch8/Prefab%20Orientations.png

1387000841_PrefabOrientations.jpg.c73df5a7702aff3f64b09dd6b205e0e5.jpg

1931703545_PrefabOrientations.jpg.d1b6603e5f3276678872d8d6049bf99f.jpg

This looks pretty cool. Have you asked the devs to use a low-res version of their textures on your program?

No I haven't asked them yet, but that would involve a lot more memory, and not all textures are apparent from the top . Roofing can look the same from the top, but have different coloured blocks underside..

The dev's are never too quick to reply to my questions, I am still waiting to hear from rick about this software. I know and understand they are very busy developing this fantastic game, and probably don't have the time to answer my question.

Doesn't mean I can't develop my own textures, etc...

Hello Aussie,

Would it be possible for you to specify which layer you want to jump to in a future build? Having to click through each layer at a time can take some time especially if you have a lot of layers.

Added

Will come out in next update

AussieWombat

Hi All,

Before I finalize the addition of the Replace Block Dialog. Can Anyone see anything I may have omitted. Once you select the items, and click 'Replace Blocks Now, the dialog will close, and perform the task. If you select 'This Layer', then that is for the layer you type into the text box. Multiple Layers would have to use the tool multiple times. Each Time it would reset to the defaults....

Tell me now , so I don't have to change it later.

AussieWombat

ReplaceBlock.JPG.935a99fe5f7565b5fc1bada0a89b22ca.JPG

So this basically allows you to create new buildings/etc for the map and will be added with the map when loaded?

Is there a way to add zombie spawns, item spawns, etc on the custom made buildings? Will we also be able to use this together with another person if both players have the same prefab files?

Yes and yes. Only the host needs the prefab file. Zombie spawns are modified via your entityspawners file. Only the host needs to modify spawning.

Here is a couple of my creations you can reference/download.

Bomb shelter:

http://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?3044-Bomb-Shelter-Prefab&highlight=bomb

School:

http://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?3646-Coming-Soon-School-Prefab&highlight=school

Yes and yes. Only the host needs the prefab file. Zombie spawns are modified via your entityspawners file. Only the host needs to modify spawning.

Here is a couple of my creations you can reference/download.

Bomb shelter:

http://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?3044-Bomb-Shelter-Prefab&highlight=bomb

School:

http://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?3646-Coming-Soon-School-Prefab&highlight=school

Was wondering how you can get started with it. I love your school one btw :).

Any possibility that someone can write up how to get started or link me to the post? Everytime I run the executable file I get Runtime error: index 0 is outside of collection bounds.

With this as the error

Error log timestamp Thursday 02/06/14 07:00:42 PM

Runtime error: index: 0 is outside of collection bounds

Error(Exception)>>defaultAction

Error(Exception)>>activateHandler: <anUndefinedObject>

Error(Exception)>>handle

Error(Exception)>>signal

Error class(Exception class)>>signal: <'index: 0 is outside ...'>

OrderedCollection(Object)>>error: <'index: 0 is outside ...'>

OrderedCollection(IndexedCollection)>>errorInBounds: <0>

OrderedCollection>>at: <0> put: <anOrderedCollection>

BasicOnDemandCompiler class>>readTknFile: <aMixedFileStream> callingProgram: <anUndefinedObject> commandLine: <''>

Basic class>>start

Message>>perform

NotificationManager>>empty

NotificationManager>>runPendingEvents

NotificationManager>>runEventLoop

Message>>perform

Message>>evaluate

Process>>safelyEvaluate: <aMessage>

Process>>evaluate: <aMessage>

Error log timestamp Thursday 02/06/14 07:00:46 PM

Error(Exception)>>handle

Error(Exception)>>signal

BasicOnDemandCompiler class>>readTknFile: <aMixedFileStream> callingProgram: <anUndefinedObject> commandLine: <'"path=I:\Games\7Days...'>

Basic class>>start

Message>>perform

Message>>perform

Message>>evaluate

Error log timestamp Thursday 02/06/14 07:00:50 PM

Error(Exception)>>handle

Error(Exception)>>signal

BasicOnDemandCompiler class>>readTknFile: <aMixedFileStream> callingProgram: <anUndefinedObject> commandLine: <''>

Basic class>>start

Message>>perform

Message>>perform

Message>>evaluate

Error log timestamp Thursday 02/06/14 07:02:55 PM

Error(Exception)>>handle

Error(Exception)>>signal

Basic class>>start

Message>>perform

Message>>perform

Message>>evaluate

Error log timestamp Thursday 02/06/14 07:04:42 PM

Error(Exception)>>handle

Error(Exception)>>signal

Basic class>>start

Message>>perform

Message>>perform

Message>>evaluate

Error log timestamp Thursday 02/06/14 07:07:32 PM

Error(Exception)>>handle

Error(Exception)>>signal

Basic class>>start

Message>>perform

Message>>perform

Message>>evaluate

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All,

I am working on an update for the software, which should be out soon.

If you used any of these blocks, then you will have noticed your prefabs may have Black Blocks in them. The main ones are to do with the lighting..

pineBranch, pineBranchSnowy, pineBranch2, music, ceilingLight03, ceilingLight03Brass, ceilingLight04, ceilingLight05, ceilingLight06, ceilingLight05Brass, ceilingLight06Brass, pineBranch01, pineBranch02, pineBranch03, pineBranch04, pineBranchTop, pineBranch05, burntBranch01, burntBranch02, burntBranch03, burntBranch04, burntBranch05, Cactus Arm, Cactus Arm Tall, Cactus Arm Short, pineBranch01Snowy, pineBranch02Snowy, pineBranch03Snowy, pineBranch04Snowy, pineBranchTopSnowy, pineBranch05Snowy.

These are the blocks that were removed from Alpha 7, whilst 86 new blocks were added.

AussieWombat

Right, now back to programming, whilst you guys test out Alpha 7........

Archived