Jump to content

Guppy's Teleport Portal Mod


Guppycur
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 5/30/2022 at 8:54 AM, maddog5683 said:

@Guppycur Thank you for all your contributions.

 

This is what I have done so far,

Using the mod launcher I have created a vanilla install

I have downloaded the latest 0-SCore from the github and added it to the mods folder

I have added your mod to the mods folder

I launch the game to the pregen10k map and place down portals across the road from each other similar to your video.

I have named each set one, two, three etc (matching the set) 

 

so it shows connected and when I point to them it says teleport to (one) but there is no animation and no teleport.

when I close the game and open it back up all the portals say invalid location in the name field.

 

thanks again ahead of time

 

 

 

 

Just wanted to share: I had the exact issue. I started trying previous versions of 0-SCore and found the "PortalTest" version of 0-SCore, instead of the latest, allowed the portals to work for me. Sometimes the timing of teleporting and cut screen are off (i.e. I teleport and then see the cut screen) but it does work now. Hope this helps.

image.png.6f54e883b97ca7abf42019f9da8d0360.png

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeh so apparently there's a bad score version out there, some other dudes found it out as well (I'm personally a version or two behind so I didn't catch it), we're working with Sphereii to get it right.

 

There's still more features coming as well, like teleporting from buffs, dialogues and such.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please update to the latest SCore, it has the fixes as well as some new features to implement.

 

These can now be placed in POI's and the code will search your generated world to find the POI, and then teleport you to that location.  Currently (and probably forever) it will tele you to the first one it finds on the list, wherever that may be.

 

You have to do some xml work to set this up but the examples will be in the blocks.xml in the Score/configs folder.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/4/2022 at 11:21 AM, Guppycur said:

Please update to the latest SCore, it has the fixes as well as some new features to implement.

 

These can now be placed in POI's and the code will search your generated world to find the POI, and then teleport you to that location.  Currently (and probably forever) it will tele you to the first one it finds on the list, wherever that may be.

 

You have to do some xml work to set this up but the examples will be in the blocks.xml in the Score/configs folder.

The latest SCore doesn't work for me Gup...same as before.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/5/2022 at 3:58 PM, vonerich said:

The latest SCore doesn't work for me Gup...same as before.

 

So there's four of us working on this.

 

Sphereii, who just does the coding for SCore, then me, MageJosh and PipeMac are doing the actual testing.  It's working for us, can you post the log again?

 

Also, the xml's for the portals that aren't working for you?  (Not sure if you've edited them to fit your needs or if you're trying them straight out of the box).

 

IF you're using them "straight out of the box", you'll definitely want to see how each one is configured and how to configure them.  Check the blocks.xml in SCore/Config (near the bottom) for samples.  Some require buffs, some require electricity, some are destination only, some are placed in a poi, some require some combo of the above.

 

It may just be that my blocks.xml isn't configured in a way you'd expect them to be.  I hesitate on adding "samples" because SCore already does, so I've got them set up how *I* would use them, if that makes sense, because I can't guess how others would use them. 

 

Hell it's also possible I haven't updated my git with the new properties, I dunno.  Unfortunately I'm stuck working a bit and can't really muck around with it, but ultimately I won't know what configuration people would want anyway.  

 

I suppose for the purpose of *this mod*, I can make variants and name them appropriately, like requiresPowerPortal01, requireBuffPortal01, destinationOnlyPortal01, etc...

 

Thoughts?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Guppycur said:

 

So there's four of us working on this.

 

Sphereii, who just does the coding for SCore, then me, MageJosh and PipeMac are doing the actual testing.  It's working for us, can you post the log again?

 

Also, the xml's for the portals that aren't working for you?  (Not sure if you've edited them to fit your needs or if you're trying them straight out of the box).

 

IF you're using them "straight out of the box", you'll definitely want to see how each one is configured and how to configure them.  Check the blocks.xml in SCore/Config (near the bottom) for samples.  Some require buffs, some require electricity, some are destination only, some are placed in a poi, some require some combo of the above.

 

It may just be that my blocks.xml isn't configured in a way you'd expect them to be.  I hesitate on adding "samples" because SCore already does, so I've got them set up how *I* would use them, if that makes sense, because I can't guess how others would use them. 

 

Hell it's also possible I haven't updated my git with the new properties, I dunno.  Unfortunately I'm stuck working a bit and can't really muck around with it, but ultimately I won't know what configuration people would want anyway.  

 

I suppose for the purpose of *this mod*, I can make variants and name them appropriately, like requiresPowerPortal01, requireBuffPortal01, destinationOnlyPortal01, etc...

 

Thoughts?

Sorry Gup and MageJosh, I'm working as well; however, I should have looked at the .xml as I wasn't aware each portal is configured differently. I may not be able to look into this until the weekend, but I will let you know if this is the issue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh sweet, yeh no worries.  It turned into a complicated little mod with a lot of scope creep coming from the three of us and Sphereii just doing what we asked. 😃

 

I had one thing in mind, Josh another, Piper another.  Lol.

 

Once it's "settled" (I think it may be to that point but I'm not sure if all of Piper's stuff is working correctly) it'll deserve another instruction video.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Guppycur said:

Oh sweet, yeh no worries.  It turned into a complicated little mod with a lot of scope creep coming from the three of us and Sphereii just doing what we asked. 😃

 

I had one thing in mind, Josh another, Piper another.  Lol.

 

Once it's "settled" (I think it may be to that point but I'm not sure if all of Piper's stuff is working correctly) it'll deserve another instruction video.

Hey, I was able to get out of work early today. Here is my situation...I'm using alpha 20.5 (b2), version 1.0 of your mod, and the latest version of Sphereii 0-SCore:

image.png.3bfa244a3e3338d94cca0def342a7f37.png

image.png.fb0a88ff0bbb5fb426d28b901a2cfd58.png

I start the game, select guppyFuturePortal2 image.png.bd595ca8eb4491386f1503270e2dbe0a.pngto place down which does not have a location value associated with it (from what I am seeing all the portals are configured this way):

image.thumb.png.5f19094874ee6ba31d3223b93863a7c7.png

 

In game, I place down 2 portals and name each portal the same thing (i.e. TestHere1). When I press E to teleport nothing happens. If I close the game and reopen, the names are gone. Please note that my game is heavily modified.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Okay, from SCore blocks.xml

 

		<block name="samplePortal01">
			<property name="Extends" value="portalMaster"/>
			<property name="DisplayType" value="blockMulti"/>
			<property name="MultiBlockDim" value="3,3,3"/>
			<property name="Model" value="#@modfolder:Resources/gupFuturePortal.unity3d?guppyFuturePortal"/>
			<property name="Location" value="samplePortal01" /> <!-- Legacy and default -->
			<property name="Display" value="true" />
			<property name="RequiredPower" value="0" />  <!-- Does not require power to operate -->
		</block>

 

...so I'm thinking for YOUR xml, all you need to do is add the Required Power line, but leave Location = "", and also add the Display property.

 

But I'm not sure.  I'm almost done with work so can test in a bit, but try that and lemme know. 

Edited by Guppycur (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

			<property name="Class" value="PoweredPortal, SCore" />

			<property name="RequiredPower" value="0" />

 

 

...change the Class to that, and add the RequiredPower line. I will test soon but I bet that fixes it.

 

 

...yep, that works.  Thanks for pointing out the error.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Ive been going through alot of mods and came across this teleport mod. and i love it but somethings arent working.

 

I didnt do any coding cus.. i aint got the knowledge for dat. i went "straight out the box" and also downloaded the SCore mod.

 

2 things that arent going through correctly.

1) The 1st portal I cant see the edit button appear for naming it. For the 2nd portal i cant find the place to "Stick" the wire into for a power connection.

2) There's no shaders/magic happening when they are working (by "they" i mean the future portals)

 

i can teleport with the future portals just not the magic portals. and again there is no shaders/magic happening around them

 

 

EDIT - 2hrs after posting this

my game save is broke. it wont go past the load game save screen something in the command about "XML loader _____(bla)___ block.xml failed".

When i remove the teleporters mod the loading works fine after that

 

Edited by xGavlar
add more (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Guppycur said:
			<property name="Class" value="PoweredPortal, SCore" />

			<property name="RequiredPower" value="0" />

 

 

...change the Class to that, and add the RequiredPower line. I will test soon but I bet that fixes it.

 

 

...yep, that works.  Thanks for pointing out the error.

Thank you sir.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm going to, after making sure Piper's stuff works, edit the mod to include block types for more scenarios, so that it works more "out of the box".

 

Powered version

Buff version

Destination version

POI version

Powered Buff version

Original version

 

...so that'll be what, 6 variants for each type of portal (I think there's 6 of those) for 36 portal types?  Kind of ridiculous but whatever. 😃

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Guppycur said:

I'm going to, after making sure Piper's stuff works, edit the mod to include block types for more scenarios, so that it works more "out of the box".

 

Powered version

Buff version

Destination version

POI version

Powered Buff version

Original version

 

...so that'll be what, 6 variants for each type of portal (I think there's 6 of those) for 36 portal types?  Kind of ridiculous but whatever. 😃

 

It's good to have options. Thanks for all the time you put in to make a good game even better.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, vonerich said:

It's good to have options. Thanks for all the time you put in to make a good game even better.

Don't be fooled. He is just waiting until the portals become a huge success and everyone is using them and then he will secretly add an update

that when you use the portal you will arrive at the other end stark naked and with no gear. He will say it is just a teleportation accident but we will know.

 

We will know...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Guppycur said:

If steam.name="gamida" then 

 

Oops, sorry.  Wrong window. 

lol I am use to that one now. Am surprised more people don't add it or why TFP haven't just added it to vanilla.

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...