Guppy's Teleport Portal Mod

Guppycur

lFvKRBx.png

This mod requires Sphereii Core (SCore) in order to work.

A20 compatible.

Non EAC.

Client install required.

Download HERE

...are you ready for fast travel?  This mod uses a new feature in Sphereii Core that allows for teleport blocks.  Either place one, label it and then place another and give it the  same label to travel between the two portal blocks, OR, edit the XML to give it a label name there, so that when you place it in a custom POI (or two), you can have a fast travel point from one place to another.

Imagine a trader who has a fast travel spot to a specific area.  You can now do this!

Edited by Guppycur (see edit history)

32 minutes ago, AaronG85 said:

I really want to use this but have zero clue on how to install or use Sphereii Core (SCore) do you know of any documentation i could read up on?

Also any chance of a stargate-esq portal?

It´s as simple to install as any other mod. Usually mods that use it, do include it with the download. No clue why this is seperate here.

1 hour ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

It´s as simple to install as any other mod. Usually mods that use it, do include it with the download. No clue why this is seperate here.

So i just download '0-SCore' and put it in the mods folder?

Hi @Guppycur got this all installed but noticed a few things

- there is no icon for 'GuppyFuturePortal01' and 'GuppyFuturePortal02'

- Is there plans for a 'Localization' file to display the names and descriptions properly?

- I've used DM mode to test but was wondering where do we build the Portals as I cant see it in the Workbench or Backpack, I've used cheat mode to get them in for now, but looked at the Mod doesn't seem to have a recipe, am i missing something?

Okay so the GuppyFuturePortal01 and 02 aren't actually in MY mod, they're in SCore as samples; I sent Sphereii the icons I guess he hasn't included them yet.  The reason for that name is because I set up the models, but mine are named GuppyFuturePortal1 and 2, not 01 and 02.  I don't have any benches or recipes planned yet, since we're still adding cool new features (like key cards, powered options, dialogue options, etc), so for right now you'll have to hand place them or make your own recipe.

@pApA^LeGBa  The reason is because several mods already use SCore as a dependency, which is the decided-upon-method a lot of us are going with; if I packaged SCore with my mod, then someone tried to use it in say, the NPC mod or Not Medieval Mod, they'd have problems because that mod ALSO requires it as a dependency.   So we all kinda got together and decided to keep dependencies as separate downloads, and that we'd just link to them when making what's basically an accessory mod.  SCore does SO much more than just this... from entity AI/bandits/npc to cave systems to food spoilage to ... the list goes on.  So, a lot of modders are simply referring to it rather than re-inventing the wheel.  One Download to Rule them All kind of approach. 😃

In HIS case, doubtful it would work because he has modified soooo many other things; and he makes it a point to say his mod shouldn't be modified.

BUT.  If he's modifying score features via XPath then his may be compatible with other score mods, because he's not changing score directly.  There may be other issues, like if he edits out vultures but some other mod changes vultures, but that's the nature of the beast. 

if he's editing the score files directly then it wouldn't be compatible at all though, because he likely doesn't update to the new score that has the portal features. 

ideally, mods that use score should be modifying score via separate XPath like I'm doing, or that npc mod does, or not medieval, probably wasteland, the list goes on.

Then the mods would be compatible regardless of their score settings.  

That's the goal, anyway.  

Modding standards. 

In Khaines case though, he has too many moving parts so to speak.

So no.  You wouldn't need to install score separately.  The whole idea is to install it only once.  

15 hours ago, Guppycur said:

Okay so the GuppyFuturePortal01 and 02 aren't actually in MY mod, they're in SCore as samples; I sent Sphereii the icons I guess he hasn't included them yet.  The reason for that name is because I set up the models, but mine are named GuppyFuturePortal1 and 2, not 01 and 02.  I don't have any benches or recipes planned yet, since we're still adding cool new features (like key cards, powered options, dialogue options, etc), so for right now you'll have to hand place them or make your own recipe.

Thanks have throw together an items, recipes and localization file for the ones i wanted to use, no plans on releasing it I'm just using it for private use.

Right now there are no recipes for it so yeh you'll have to make recipes or pull them from CM; there are some new features testing today that should give us greater flexibility so might be released later tonight if they pass the tests, then I'll do recipes and whatnot.

You hit E when close to the portal, and edit it like you would a sign.

Client and server, yes absolutely.

Check the blocks.xml file in the /configs/ folder, it will have samples of different setups for different methods of using the portals.

My guess is that you're using GuppyPortalMagic1 and it has this one:

<property name="Location" value="test1" />

...that means that one is set up to place two of them and automatically has the name "hard coded" (by xml) in.  You'd want to make it:

<property name="Location" value="" />

...or remove that line entirely for it to work where you can hit E. 

Try one of the other portals, if you are still having the issue then there is a likely a problem with the setup and I would like to get your game logs to see what's wrong.

Always make sure you have the latest SCore; if you've got it loaded from another mod (like NPC Mod) it would benefit both mods to update SCore.  If this is a new fresh install then we can go from there after you've tried my above suggestions.

Edited by Guppycur (see edit history)

@Guppycur Thank you for all your contributions.

This is what I have done so far,

Using the mod launcher I have created a vanilla install

I have downloaded the latest 0-SCore from the github and added it to the mods folder

I have added your mod to the mods folder

I launch the game to the pregen10k map and place down portals across the road from each other similar to your video.

I have named each set one, two, three etc (matching the set) 

so it shows connected and when I point to them it says teleport to (one) but there is no animation and no teleport.

when I close the game and open it back up all the portals say invalid location in the name field.

thanks again ahead of time

That first one looks like "The Guardian of Forever".  🖖  Now to get bdub to use one or two of these in The Wasteland for Institute teleporters...  That second one in from the right would so totally fit the aesthetic.  If he doesn't?  I'll get with you about permission.  🤩

And synths. 🤖 We need first gen synths.

Edited by Evil_Geoff
Clarification (see edit history)