Guppy's Teleport Portal Mod

Guppycur

On 9/13/2022 at 5:17 AM, Guppycur said:

Yeh they're called "chunk observers" and portals are already set up to be those.  I'll forward your post to sphereii to see if he has any commentary.  Hm. 

Any chance sphereii had a thought on why the portals don't load the chunks they are located in when the game is loaded?  

Perhaps there is a config file somewhere to force the loading?

Here's what he said.

To answer the question, yes, you could. We probably don't want that though. That would mean that all chunks with a portal would have to be loaded at all times, for all players.

And a sole chunk may not even be possible to load on an individual basis, so it may have to load all the chunks that all the other players are.

I think the portals manager needs refactored to be more in line with the FireManager, and allow distribution through that way

...so I translate that as "he will rewrite it at some point". 

On 9/16/2022 at 7:39 PM, Guppycur said:

Here's what he said.

To answer the question, yes, you could. We probably don't want that though. That would mean that all chunks with a portal would have to be loaded at all times, for all players.

And a sole chunk may not even be possible to load on an individual basis, so it may have to load all the chunks that all the other players are.

I think the portals manager needs refactored to be more in line with the FireManager, and allow distribution through that way

...so I translate that as "he will rewrite it at some point". 

that is helpful.

In my case I am running a two person co-op so I would only be loading a few of the chunks at the beginning as we have limited portals.

Any chance he knows of a command line that would force load the portal chunks?  if not not a major issue

I do fully understand on a large server why you wouldn't keep all portal chunks for all players always loaded 

• 9 months later...
On 6/22/2023 at 11:12 PM, Dragonchampion said:

Will this mod be making a return for Alpha 21, Guppy?

Yeh in fact with the new version of score I suspect it'll work right now.  Haven't tested tho, nor am I 100% certain that the new version of score is out. 

• 3 weeks later...

@Guppycur Errors when loading the current version 1.0 in Alpha 21 (b324):

WRN XML patch for "progression.xml" from mod "Guppys SCore Portals mod" did not apply: <append xpath="/progression/perks/perk[@name='perkAdvancedEngineering']/effect_group/passive_effect[@level='5']/@tags"  (line 4 at pos 6)
WRN XML patch for "progression.xml" from mod "Guppys SCore Portals mod" did not apply: <append xpath="/progression/perks/perk[@name='perkAdvancedEngineering']/effect_group/passive_effect[@level='5']/@tags"  (line 5 at pos 3)
WRN XML patch for "progression.xml" from mod "Guppys SCore Portals mod" did not apply: <append xpath="/progression/perks/perk[@name='perkAdvancedEngineering']/effect_group/passive_effect[@level='5']/@tags"  (line 6 at pos 3)
WRN XML patch for "progression.xml" from mod "Guppys SCore Portals mod" did not apply: <append xpath="/progression/perks/perk[@name='perkAdvancedEngineering']/effect_group/passive_effect[@level='5']/@tags"  (line 7 at pos 3)
WRN XML patch for "progression.xml" from mod "Guppys SCore Portals mod" did not apply: <append xpath="/progression/perks/perk[@name='perkAdvancedEngineering']/effect_group/passive_effect[@level='5']/@tags"  (line 8 at pos 3)
WRN XML patch for "progression.xml" from mod "Guppys SCore Portals mod" did not apply: <append xpath="/progression/perks/perk[@name='perkAdvancedEngineering']/effect_group/passive_effect[@level='5']/@tags"  (line 9 at pos 3)

These errors prevent players from constructing the portals.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi ! I really loves your mod but i'm still wandering if it would be possible to have a way to teleport to a different portal from only one, like, when we clic on it, it shows a dialog or something and we can choose where we want to go. This way, i will not need to have 18734309 of portals in my base, loll.

Otherwise, thank you for the mod =)