Teragon update video

I can tell you work is continuing. I don't want to get into specifics but a few of us were discussing wilderness pois this morning with Pille. 

I'm hoping to get another update video put together over the next couple of weeks. Will look at using your own heightmap to create a world, amongst other things. 

• 2 weeks later...

I don't want to step out of place and I certainly can't announce anything or give any estimates but I can tell you that things are moving along very quickly and as of this morning there are only a few things that need to be done before it's in a shape for any sort of release. The question is how long will these few things take, and once they are done, will Pille be happy to let it go public?

Unless there is a big announcement from tfp about a21 soon I'd personally expect to see Teragon before then. 

21 hours ago, Tallman Brad said:

I don't want to step out of place and I certainly can't announce anything or give any estimates but I can tell you that things are moving along very quickly and as of this morning there are only a few things that need to be done before it's in a shape for any sort of release. The question is how long will these few things take, and once they are done, will Pille be happy to let it go public?

Unless there is a big announcement from tfp about a21 soon I'd personally expect to see Teragon before then. 

thanks Brad, light at the end of the tunnel..lol

• 1 month later...

Heya all!

Ya, I'm being a pest too. Any word on a release? been a month so far. I'm sure the Dev has life things to prioritize ahead of making a free map maker for the community. My guess is that either life took over or maybe the Dev is waiting to see what the next version will bring. From what I gather, Water is changing in A22.

But I am guessing the release is still TBA.

Thank you for your time dear Dev!

I haven't spoken to Pille recently so I'm not sure what is happening at the moment. I don't like to keep bothering him. I know he has been busy with other things. I'm fairly confident Pille wouldn't mind me mentioning the last time we spoke he was resolving some problems with roads between cities and to wilderness pois. The last version of teragon i tried out had traders caps working fine as well as wilderness pois spawning in a nicely controlled way. Work had also started on the front end (good sign imo) adding basic launch commands for people wanting a quick/easy start option.

I've started work on a promo/teaser style video for teragon which will show off some of these features but I'm just waiting for the roads to be closer to how Pille wants them before adding those shots and finishing the video. I'll post it here as soon as I can.

7 minutes ago, Tallman Brad said:

I haven't spoken to Pille recently so I'm not sure what is happening at the moment. I don't like to keep bothering him. I know he has been busy with other things. I'm fairly confident Pille wouldn't mind me mentioning the last time we spoke he was resolving some problems with roads between cities and to wilderness pois. The last version of teragon i tried out had traders caps working fine as well as wilderness pois spawning in a nicely controlled way. Work had also started on the front end (good sign imo) adding basic launch commands for people wanting a quick/easy start option.

I've started work on a promo/teaser style video for teragon which will show off some of these features but I'm just waiting for the roads to be closer to how Pille wants them before adding those shots and finishing the video. I'll post it here as soon as I can.

Thank your for responding! 

Ya everything is completely understandable.  I just wanted to check in. No need to bother Pile with a pesky player question. Ya best to wait and show us the quality he wants us to see. All games/software have their ugly duckling stage in Development. thank you for the reply. No if only someone can create a Character transfer tool for single player games. ATM I am having to figure out how to transfer my character to a new map. I want to keep my skill progression from map to map, as well as Day Number.

9 hours ago, Gridlost said:

ATM I am having to figure out how to transfer my character to a new map. I want to keep my skill progression from map to map, as well as Day Number.

I'm not sure about the day number, but I have transferred a character between maps before, specially when I want a game that wanders from map to map. It has been a while since I did it, but here are my notes...

Moving to a New Map

On Windows, the character files are store here...

<USER>/AppData/Roaming/7DaysToDie/Saves/<MAP>/<GAME>/Player/<STEAMID>.ttp

... and you will find other files there *.map and *.bak that you do not want.

Copy this file to the new map's game's save and the rest of 7D2D will recover. You will land at the same X, Y coordinates that you were at in the old game. The altitude/elevation seems to recover, placing your feet on the ground. You will retain your inventory, but obviously not anything you had placed in the old world.

6 hours ago, Gridlost said:

sorry guys!

Ya I was just checking on the progress.  :ballchain:

lol don't worry about it. Just having some fun. I mean others probably see our posts and think the same thing. Will be nice though to be able to do sweet, sweet maps again