Video Settings

Whiteshark68

Updated to 20.4 today and just started playing my world and now i get an error when i try to access the video settings in game the game freezes and i have to hit the pause menu to unfreeze it

So i tried in the main menu and now i am stuck on a black screen nothing i do gets me back to the menu  Every other menu works i can go into audio and i can see all the other stuff but as soon as i try to go into the video menu the games goes to the black screen and i have to force close the game to exit it.

20220426153419_1.thumb.jpg.edb0aa3d4011179f2da99fa0783b4f53.jpg20220426152814_1.thumb.jpg.97dab08a20065c44b48cbda3bab2d6f2.jpg

Just Verified all files and tried again same result

Should be posted in the General Support section where your more likely to get a prompt response. Be sure to read the pinned topic in that section about reporting a bug. At a minimum you need to post your log file using pastebin. Instructions are in that pinned topic.

14 hours ago, Beelzybub said:

You could try the "Clean game data..." setting available in the Launcher/Tools menu.

Check the "Game Settings" box and select "Clean".

The trouble with that is i did all that when alpha 20 dropped and everything was working fine the day before on alpha 20.3 but as soon as alpha 20.4 dropped i can no longer access my video settings the game still plays fine my issue is that it just seems like the video settings have been altered/changed and i'm trying to find out if they have but i cannot access those settings it just freezes the game.

Tried that just now just to satisfy your curiosity and all that did was lose me a heap of maps that can not be recreated and several hundreds of hours of game play

You may now delete this topic as i fixed the error my self by doing a full uninstall and reinstall which stopped all the issues including the mod loading errors during loading of the game

I'm guessing that somehow the game was corrupted during the update and steam didn't find that when validating.

11 hours ago, Whiteshark68 said:

Tried that just now just to satisfy your curiosity and all that did was lose me a heap of maps that can not be recreated and several hundreds of hours of game play

That sucks. Checking the "Game Settings" box in the Clean Game Data screen does not delete maps or saved games. Perhaps you checked the wrong boxes.

14 hours ago, Whiteshark68 said:

wouldn't have mattered because as i said to fix the issue i had to uninstall the game and delete everything anyway

Uninstalling does not "delete everything". That's why it's required to use the launcher and the clean option to fix some things.

11 hours ago, JCrook1028 said:

Uninstalling does not "delete everything". That's why it's required to use the launcher and the clean option to fix some things.

Can you not read i said i had to delete everything which means i had to go into the appdata folder and into the steam folder and manually delete everything.

when i say delete everything i mean delete everything i never go and do a halfassed job

Archived