im going to lose my mind on this tier 5 quest

allusionist

okay, background, i did this tier 5 quest for trader jen, and I literally looted this up and down shooting my gun through every corridor and still could not find this god forsaken zombie. I went to the point of foundation wiping it and still nothing.

higoshi pharmaceuticals or whatever

2 days... 2 DAYS???

spacer.png

Edited by allusionist (see edit history)

Same bug occurs with the huge villa (should be T4 I guess) that has a pool and sports court in the backyard and huge underground bunker area underneath with some mines inside the inner yard. Last point on the map does not lead to a zombie. I have basically completely destroyed the POI in god mode and with the dev gun but there was no zombie left. Could not finish the quest.

Edit:
Now for Higashi tower, I know I have finished a clear quest there successfully already in A20.

Edited by PoloPoPo (see edit history)

5 hours ago, PoloPoPo said:

Same bug occurs with the huge villa (should be T4 I guess) that has a pool and sports court in the backyard and huge underground bunker area underneath with some mines inside the inner yard. Last point on the map does not lead to a zombie. I have basically completely destroyed the POI in god mode and with the dev gun but there was no zombie left. Could not finish the quest.

Are you sure that destroying a POI also ensures quest completion? It could be that zombies were not spawned yet and you destroyed all possible spawning locations by destroying the building.

5 hours ago, PoloPoPo said:

Edit:
Now for Higashi tower, I know I have finished a clear quest there successfully already in A20.

Me too. But in either higashi or dishong I had a situation once where a zombie was stuck on a walkway. And the yellow dot seemed to have been rather inaccurate in the z direction because I think I was mostly looking in the wrong floor.

Not saying there couldn't be still a bug as well.

10 hours ago, allusionist said:

okay, background, i did this tier 5 quest for trader jen, and I literally looted this up and down shooting my gun through every corridor and still could not find this god forsaken zombie. I went to the point of foundation wiping it and still nothing.

higoshi pharmaceuticals or whatever

2 days... 2 DAYS???

spacer.png

Seriously, if you want to show us something, why shoot this picture in the darkness?

24 minutes ago, meganoth said:

Are you sure that destroying a POI also ensures quest completion? It could be that zombies were not spawned yet and you destroyed all possible spawning locations by destroying the building.

Actually I know not much about that. In god mode I went flying through the POI for a few ingame hours and searched in every corner. Impossible that I have missed a spawn point as I have been literally everywhere more than once. As a last attempt I destroyed the POI without success neither. Someone else reported the same bug in the same POI a few weeks ago in Darkness Falls forum as well.

On 4/25/2022 at 11:58 AM, meganoth said:

Me too. But in either higashi or dishong I had a situation once where a zombie was stuck on a walkway. And the yellow dot seemed to have been rather inaccurate in the z direction because I think I was mostly looking in the wrong floor.

Not saying there couldn't be still a bug as well.

Seriously, if you want to show us something, why shoot this picture in the darkness?

bc there isnt much to show its just a foundation wiped poi

I've had issues with a few larger POIs wherein I've had to scour them to find that last hidden zed, including Higashi. There are several small, hidden sleeper volumes which are easy to miss and/or not activate. You can see the sleeper volumes for Higashi here, with the blocks and props hidden. Note the couple of volumes which are quite small. Even with the POI destroyed and floating around in god mode it's possible, though unlikely, that you did not successfully activate them. Not saying one way or another that's what happened, just that it is plausible you missed something. Of course, it's also possible something isn't working quite as intended. I thought it might be helpful to see how the volumes are set up in this case.

higashi_volumes.thumb.jpg.633bc50c583cb3d3741bff031cdc3ee9.jpg