Darkness Falls worth a try?

Spadaa

Hello friends i have a few questions about Darkness Falls

1. Is it a lot harder than the regular game i play mostly Warrior i heard about player who complain about the difficulty and tell how ridiculously hard the mod is.
2. can i choose the Maps/Seeds or does the Mod generate the maps by itself?
3. can i still use the cheat menu?
4. does it run with other mods such as Vehicles and Weapons mod?
5. is it worth the try even when not that good in 7 days to die?
6. Do Auto defense bases for bloodmoon still work?

29 minutes ago, Spadaa said:

1. Is it a lot harder than the regular game i play mostly Warrior i heard about player who complain about the difficulty and tell how ridiculously hard the mod is.

well bad subcategory , you should write in mod request but...

@KhaineGB your help is needed :)

I have played darkness falls in alpha 19 but not yet in alpha 20 but i watch a youtuber who is currently playing darkness falls so i might be able to answer a couple of these

1) yes it is harder than the regular game

2) Maps are already generated and you choose one of those to play on

3) yes you can

4) not sure on this one but it already has more weapons and vehicles than vanilla

5) what is the worst that can happen? you might die what's new for 7d2d

6) No idea on this one

Darkness Falls is a great mod and worth playing. It does have a learning curve but it is worth it for all the new stuff in the game. Yes it is harder but not super hard. I suggest that you play at one (maybe two) level(s) lower difficulty than you play vanilla. I can't answer all of your questions but I will fill in what I can.

- you need a DF map because of POIs that are needed to play the mod properly. They are good maps.

- I never tried cheat mode

- I would not use other mods with it and there is no real need for other mods

- definitely worth a try

- base defense is important in DF and some of the mobs will blow @%$# up including your base. You can schedule horde nights for every two weeks and that will help a bit.

For my base defense I use a boatload of metal log spikes under a second story base that is held up by 2x2 columns of reinforced concrete. Centered iron/steel bars laid flat allow you to body pull the zombies and shoot down easily. I also clad the columns above the spikes with reinforced concrete. Eventually I will have titanium blade traps around this. Also have some SMG or shotgun turrets shooting inwards to kill zombies that are attacking the columns. A few shotgun turrets up high will take care of the flyers, It still requires an active defender to shoot some of the bomber zombies before they explode. An M60 and a ton of ammo helps a lot with this. You certainly don't need all of this for the first horde night but by day 56+ you should have most of it.

Typically it takes a days worth of mining and a days worth of repairing to fix all the damage from a horde night. That still leaves you 12 days out of a 14 day cycle to quest, explore and expand your base.

1 - It can be, depends what difficulty you play on.
2 - RWG works but using the included, pregenerated maps is recommended. Do not use the vanilla pregens.
3 - Yes.

4 - No, not really. It's an overhaul. You shouldn't be trying to mod overhauls. It already has new weapons and bdubs vehicles in it anwyay.

5 - Sure. Just turn the difficulty down.

6 - Mostly yes.

1. Yes it is harder, there are good video from SnowBee on YT, check them out.

2. You can generate a random map, BUT you need to check with the debug tool if all DF important POI got generated.

If not, you can manualy add them over the world editor (Check the page 366 at the DF topic).

4.It got own vehicles mod. You better shouldn't use addition modlets with an Overhaul mod anyway.

5.if you got bored with vanilla 7days, DF give you a new gameplay feeling.

6. Early yes, but once you encounter demon's your regular trap's won't be enough anymore. (check the VT video's about nightstalker/demons).

Archived