Tin can silencer - fix recipe OR model

John Black

If all the silencer models are going to be replaced by the tin can version at least change the recipe. It currently requires steel, the schematic, and a workbench to craft. Better suggestion, add a Tin Can version and revert the previous model and balance the two.

Tin can version recipe : empty can, pipe and duct tape.

And if it’s possible to revert to the old model on the SMG, please let me know.

4 hours ago, John Black said:

If all the silencer models are going to be replaced by the tin can version at least change the recipe. It currently requires steel, the schematic, and a workbench to craft. Better suggestion, add a Tin Can version and revert the previous model and balance the two.

Tin can version recipe : empty can, pipe and duct tape.

And if it’s possible to revert to the old model on the SMG, please let me know.

That's not a vanilla weapon mod. You'll need to take it up with the mod writer in the mod forum.

He could mean that some of the new weapons are using what looks like tin cans or soda bottles and stuff as a suppressor. That's the one issue with the system TFP went with where one item mod can look pretty different from one weapon to the next. I get where the OP is coming from but it's just not that big of a deal to me. 

A while back I created a bug report for the silencer assuming they were planning on introducing a lower tier version for early game.

I totally understand artistic freedom, but when it breaks continuity, I unfortunately notice it more than others. Just look at the gun sights… I can’t see any person who has ever held, let alone fired, a sighted weapon, not being uncomfortable with the currents state of the gun sights.

I love 7d2d just as much at the next guy, but if the majority don’t notice this type of thing, and those who do just accept it, we’ll keep on seeing more of this.

16 minutes ago, John Black said:

I totally understand artistic freedom, but when it breaks continuity

Their original plan for mods was to make them permanent; that would make a little more sense. It wouldn't be the same silencer you're moving around looking all different everywhere. That could also explain why a modded gun gets a huge price increase, sorta, and maybe the ability to craft guns and mods would be more significant like that. The current state is weird, but it doesn't manage to bother me; and I'm kinda hoping they'd implement the permanent modding at some point.

19 minutes ago, John Black said:

Just look at the gun sights… I can’t see any person who has ever held, let alone fired, a sighted weapon, not being uncomfortable with the currents state of the gun sights.

Yeh, some of them are absolutely silly; it might be an attempt to open up the visible area around the gun, bringing the bulk of the weapon down from center so it doesn't hinder your aiming. Or their hand models don't have enough material to cover the distance to the bottom of the screen. Or it might be a straight up bug. Looks real odd though, I'd rather have the weapon be transparent for the same effect - to simulate a two-eyed aim.

Why aren't I complaining loudly? I tend to trust TFP wanting to make the game work, they just haven't gotten that detail sorted yet.

On 4/17/2022 at 8:03 PM, John Black said:

I totally understand artistic freedom, but when it breaks continuity, I unfortunately notice it more than others. Just look at the gun sights… I can’t see any person who has ever held, let alone fired, a sighted weapon, not being uncomfortable with the currents state of the gun sights.

*waves* I own a small selection of iron-sight long rifles and I'm skilled in their use. Sights on guns in games don't ever bother me, at least not from a realism or "continuity" standpoint. I'm not saying it shouldn't bother you though! We all have our limits and for many gun hobbyists the in-game representation of sights, scopes, suppressors, reloads, casing ejection, etc. are a pain point. You are not alone. I'm just one of those people you "can't see" not caring about it. I think you overestimate how much other skilled shooters care about how a video game renders its guns. Maybe agita is more common with CoD-type hyper-realistic shooters. Or, like...Big Buck Hunter or something.

Archived