Is recipe for can of sham in A20 too expensive now?

NekoPawtato

Recipe for can of sham in A20  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Does requiring acid to craft can of sham makes the recipe too expensive now in A20?

• Yes
    • No
    • You can craft can of sham?!
    • I don't care

I noticed one of the recipes for Acid is to make Can of Sham, and I am wondering if that's a bit overkill? Made a poll to see what other people think.

Sure if you are swimming in acid, you could make it just cause you can. (By the way, I don't recommend swimming in acid, that sounds dangerous 😄)

But I am wondering if it's really worth it? Considering how rare it is and that it's needed for high value items like chem station, wheels, learning elixir, it seems there are better uses for it than making can of sham, which isn't difficult to find if you loot kitchens and food related containers.

And I guess finding the recipe itself to make can of sham is a whole 'nother topic that could be discussed about 😆

I see it as a novelty item with benefits if you can make it. I say novelty because it's something that adds character to the game and provides a little story to the SHAM brand and how disgusting it is. Even setting that aside, I don't really see any recipe as required for survival except for bacon and eggs but that might be just the way I play. It's all I bother to make. I often get farming going to make better things and then I just never do. So really, most recipes could be overkill and it wouldn't even matter to me.

For me it´s never worth to make a can of sham, no matter the recipe tbh. It could be cheap af and i wouldn´t craft it. It isn´t rare at all. Looting/buying them gives me more than enough of them. I never had a situation in over 5k hours where i thought "Damn i need to craft a can of sham"

And for people like me, the poll is missing the "i don´t care, i never crafted nor will i ever craft one" option. Pretty sure a ton of people never crafted it and don´t see any reason to do so.

@AtomicUs5000 That´s the only reason i kinda miss wellness, besides the stamina bonus there is actually no need to cook the good stuff. I still do it because +40 stamina does come in handy.

8 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

@AtomicUs5000 That´s the only reason i kinda miss wellness, besides the stamina bonus there is actually no need to cook food. I still do because +40 stamina does come in handy.

I forgot all about that feature. It really did make cooked food important.

If the game steers away from survival, fine whatever, I'll try to get over it.... but, why all of this food complexity then? It's just wasteful in game resources and developer maintenance to keep it just for the sake of it being there. This waste cascades down to farming and some skills being wasteful as well. All the work done on these systems for this result?

3 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

For me it´s never worth to make a can of sham, no matter the recipe tbh. It could be cheap af and i wouldn´t craft it. It isn´t rare at all. Looting/buying them gives me more than enough of them. I never had a situation in over 5k hours where i thought "Damn i need to craft a can of sham"

And for people like me, the poll is missing the "i don´t care, i never crafted nor will i ever craft one" option. Pretty sure a ton of people never crafted it and don´t see any reason to do so.

@AtomicUs5000 That´s the only reason i kinda miss wellness, besides the stamina bonus there is actually no need to cook the good stuff. I still do it because +40 stamina does come in handy.

I added a "I don't care" one then :D

Keep in mind that youre getting 5 cans of sham out of every crafting!  But then again, by the rime you get that recipe, you problably have splenty of food anyways.

Ive crafted some can of shams a few times when i wanted to stock up on sham showder, i use them as budget health kits! 😅

Archived