A21.1 VideoPlayers Mod

xyth

I've noticed that occasionally when videos are playing in POI's that the log is getting spammed with a message relating to buffer overflow and the frame rate severely dropping. This also happens with the default videos the mod comes with.

https://www.mediafire.com/view/7nvxpy3dq2po7pb/2023-10-16_16_26_40.jpg/file

Edited by Proselyte_Ethan (see edit history)

On 10/3/2023 at 3:27 PM, Arlex said:

Dunno what I am doing wrong here but I can't even craft any of the TVs because they require specific glass panes and all I can craft is the glass block.

On 10/13/2023 at 6:19 AM, TryndamereDemon said:

There is no Business Glass Plane, there is only Business glas plane trap 1x1. Help

Fixed in todays update.  uses glassvarianthelperblocks now

15 hours ago, Proselyte_Ethan said:

I've noticed that occasionally when videos are playing in POI's that the log is getting spammed with a message relating to buffer overflow and the frame rate severely dropping. This also happens with the default videos the mod comes with.

I cant reproduce that warning, just tested and Im not getting warnings like that.

20 hours ago, Proselyte_Ethan said:

How many videos are playing in these POI's? If it's just 1 or 2, I can't see that happening. If you have 20-30, you'll likely end up with far more audio sources than are supported, and Unity has to decide which has priority. My arcade machine mod used the same technology, and with enough of the machines in same chunk playing audio, we couldn't hear our guns firing or other noises. It's one of the reasons why I put in variants of the machine that had a video player but no audio source--30 video sources in one room doesn't seem to generate the same errors (although a performance hit is probably coming your way).

3 hours ago, Cranberry Monster said:

How many videos are playing in these POI's? If it's just 1 or 2, I can't see that happening. If you have 20-30, you'll likely end up with far more audio sources than are supported, and Unity has to decide which has priority. My arcade machine mod used the same technology, and with enough of the machines in same chunk playing audio, we couldn't hear our guns firing or other noises. It's one of the reasons why I put in variants of the machine that had a video player but no audio source--30 video sources in one room doesn't seem to generate the same errors (although a performance hit is probably coming your way).

I merged multiple videos together and set them as video00.mp4 so they would all play back to back from the activePOI TV's, but unfortunately like I said, the default videos from the mod (the static ones) cause the same warnings to spam the log. The videos were tried in their default form and then I tried changing the frame rate to 30 and lowering the resolution to get it down to a total of 500mb. Regardless of what I tried, the error remains the same.

And to answer the question, there were only two audio sources playing from the tv's in the screenshot that I'm aware of, although there is a drive in with a bunch of tv's at it that cause the same error. It does not happen with only 1 tv present but with 20% of tv's being replaced by active POI TV's, there's likely going to be more than a few playing at the same time. This problem did not seem to occur in A20 for some reason.

On 10/18/2023 at 10:05 AM, Proselyte_Ethan said:

And to answer the question, there were only two audio sources playing from the tv's in the screenshot that I'm aware of, although there is a drive in with a bunch of tv's at it that cause the same error. It does not happen with only 1 tv present but with 20% of tv's being replaced by active POI TV's, there's likely going to be more than a few playing at the same time. This problem did not seem to occur in A20 for some reason.

20% might be too high then.  I set it that way during testing and never thought about what would be a good replacement rate.  Easy enough to edit that 1 line in xml

On 10/16/2023 at 10:04 PM, Proselyte_Ethan said:

Just to check... Do you have ReShade installed for shaders?
I've noticed ever since A21 updated to A21.1, that older ReShader versions, and the latest, cause various videos from mods (not TFP included video though), to stutter, lag, low frame rate (on the video itself), etc etc, where the video plays at an extremely low framerate.

Removing those files for ReShade seemed to fix the problems for me and the errors it produced.

• 5 months later...

Xyth, didn't this mod, at one time, generate random monitors (all over the map) that would randomly display the videos? Was that taken out or altered or do i need special code? I just remember it but i just spawned a new world with it in it (single player) and i have been playing (for hours) and haven't come across one playing on it's own.

On 4/3/2024 at 6:24 PM, Kilroy5150 said:

Xyth, didn't this mod, at one time, generate random monitors (all over the map) that would randomly display the videos? Was that taken out or altered or do i need special code? I just remember it but i just spawned a new world with it in it (single player) and i have been playing (for hours) and haven't come across one playing on it's own.

There is a blockplacholder xml file that replaces some POI TVs, but in A21 TFP added new models so the replacements probably are much rarer now.