"This area is not available for questing at this time" Just a regular fetch quest, not the night generator quest

timmodude

Got a tier 1 fetch quest from Jen.  Just a regular fetch quest, not the night only quest.  When I get to the quest start point and try and activate it I get the following message on screen...

"This area is not available for questing at this time. Please come back later"

Is this a bug/known or am I doing something wrong?

A20.2_2022-02-20_22-34-45.jpg

if no one has set up a sleeping bag or something at the poi, then you need to log out and check the status on the creation screen because that is one thing that appears if you have ai/enemy spawn turned off. during certain tests i have done that required me to turn off the zeds, i forgot to turn them back on and ran into that issue and was stumped for a long time until i caught it.

good luck

A21.0_2022-02-20_23-10-47.jpg

12 hours ago, unholyjoe said:

if no one has set up a sleeping bag or something at the poi, then you need to log out and check the status on the creation screen because that is one thing that appears if you have ai/enemy spawn turned off. during certain tests i have done that required me to turn off the zeds, i forgot to turn them back on and ran into that issue and was stumped for a long time until i caught it.

good luck

A21.0_2022-02-20_23-10-47.jpg

I just checked and enemy spawning is on, so that's not the problem.  And this is a single player game, so there is nobody else.

7 hours ago, Beelzybub said:

Another possibility is that someone else did a quest there and hasn't turned it in yet.

It's a single player game.

1 hour ago, timmodude said:

I waited until after 22:00 and still the same message.  I waited until the next day and was able to start the quest.  Weird.

That’s an odd one for sure. Just to clarify…..this wasn’t a repeat quest? Like you did a fetch to the same building then got a clear on the same day?

15 hours ago, Beelzybub said:

Another possibility is that someone else did a quest there and hasn't turned it in yet.

I have had this happen a couple times.. it was when two different traders gave me quest for the same poi..

i ran through and did it the first time, and tried to start it again before turning the first one in..

It was on a19, which i don't think matters, and it was also SP.. so, i think this may also be a good possibility..

(was the big cathedral with all the book(shelves))

• 4 months later...

Just had this happen to me. Dedicated server. Tier 4. Went through and cleared everything. Ran around multiple times trying to find the last guys but couldn't find them. Logged out and logged back into the server and the quest reset as if I'd never activated it. Went back to activate it and got the same message.