my feedback for alpha 20 :)

Drakner

so long and thanks for all the fish lol i love how the new designs are and the new rwg is amazing however im missing my upgrade path aswell as alot of the alpha 19 poi's

going from wood to cobble then concrete just doesnt seem rewarding now. maybe one day they'll re-add this and add in all the poi's theyve removed from previous alphas but for now imma be slipping back into that 19.6 glove lol

Sorry, not going to happen.

Dev's are all about simplify systems now, not going back to more complicated ones.

There are always the options for mods at a later date ;)

I miss wet cement having to dry. lol
But I will never go back to a previous version... because its for the greater good!

Edited by Fightingchook
added text (see edit history)

POIs in A19.3: 540

POIs in A20.3: 670

:classic_blink:

More specifically, there are only 51 POIs from A19.3 which are missing in A20.3, going by exact POI name. Several of them, like some gas stations, were obviously rebuilt using a different name (A19="gas_station1", A20="gas_station_01"). And I didn't even get into all the new POI "parts" the game has, which have no equivalent in A19 that I can tell.

If the 20 or 30 POIs which were truly removed from circulation were OP's favorite POIs, I totally get why that would make OP want to revert to 19.6. You should be able to remain back there for at least another year or so I'd think - maybe longer if TFP doesn't remove the alpha choices once they go beta or gold.

We should stipulate, though, that there are about 25% more POIs in A20 than in A19, and only a small portion - maybe 5%? - of A19 POIs were removed.

Edited by Boidster (see edit history)

Those removed POIs could also be making a return once they are updated.  If you give me the names of some of your favorites that are now gone @Drakner, I can inquire to see if they are cut for good or coming back with improvements. We were told that the POI team would be continuing to work on POI's and more would be added during Alpha 20 so some of those removed POI's may be back sooner than we think.

As for the upgrade path, there is nothing to be done other than possibly mods that bring back a longer chain of upgrades.

not that this is aimed at me but Pois I miss:

1. aaa_store_book_lg_01
2. Fire_station_02
3. Prison_01
4. Police_station1

Last I heard 1 and 4 both have alot of SI issues

not sure why  2 was taken out, but I also assume SI issues

and for Prison I know it might be reintroduced after rennovation to meet alpha 20+ POI standards

38 minutes ago, Fightingchook said:

Haven't seen the basket ball court in A20.  not sure of its file name.

But was a nice space to build a base.

I know that base. It was one of my Favorite early game poi's to use. The bathroom areas always freaked me out with the zeds shuffling about trying to find a way in from that area. Here I am standing up against a hatch, door wide open, trying to get them to come get some. Lol 

On 2/24/2022 at 12:36 AM, POCKET951 said:

not that this is aimed at me but Pois I miss:

1. aaa_store_book_lg_01
2. Fire_station_02
3. Prison_01
4. Police_station1

Last I heard 1 and 4 both have alot of SI issues

not sure why  2 was taken out, but I also assume SI issues

and for Prison I know it might be reintroduced after rennovation to meet alpha 20+ POI standards

2, 3 and 4 are big ones i miss. also i do miss wet concrete and reinforced concrete, that lovely white look was the best!