Dirt Block Exploit

OneManStanding

Not honestly sure how much of an exploit this is, but it takes 16 clay soil to build a dirt block but you get 35 clay soil back for destroying it. I blasted out a cave base and had to patch up some of the walls and floors and realised I could double my clay this way without needing to dig a pit outside that would affect the scenery and the resale value. Could maybe be a combination of my perks and steel shovel and grave digger mod, but nonetheless - 16 to build, 35 back.

It's a thing; haven't heard if it's seen as a problem. But it's pretty pointless as a method, the time you save from placing them and basically double yield per "natural" dirt, you can travel a pretty good distance to find a spot that doesn't really hurt to dig out. The only use I've seen is to generate dirt in a challenge mode where you're limited to a single POI or some such.

Besides getting as much clay as you want for your forge I don't really think there is any benefit to having as much dirt as you want. Dirt really isn't useful for anything so I don't see a problem with it being exploited currently.  I'm sure it will get fixed eventually but it's not high on the list currently I'm assuming.