Is this just a me thing or a game being in alpha thing?

Y34RX3R0

So I bought this game for a friend and we decided to play multiplayer, in the course of 4 days we both have had.

1) Blue screens of death
2) Memory Leaks

3) Locking system up, resetting and system coming back at a sluggish pace

4) Game freezing but we can still hear each other on Discord, come back and 3+ days worth of work is deleted and gone

Is there anything I can do to get our save back?

Ok so it turns out that there is a way to recover your save file if this happens. 

Start a new game, locate old save file and delete main.* (multiple files), take all main.* files in new save you just made and transfer them over. The save file is completely intact minus the day you were in, it resets back to day 1. 

Very interesting, this needs to be fixed please! 

What needs to be fixed?  You just listed symptoms that your computer is seeing, but no logs and computer specifications to determine what is causing the issue.

The issue with RWG not releasing memory is already known by the developers.

Everything else you listed could easily be a hardware / driver issue on your part.

I play this game with 3 friends and we have been playing about 8 hours per week for the last 3 years without a single save game getting corrupted (except for that one time when we played a very resource-hungry modded game that corrupted two region files of the game. The map is made out of about 180 regions, deleting those two files reset the region and corrected the issue).

The game is putting a lot of strain on the hardware, this is a fully destructible voxel game and it needs much more CPU power and data throughput than typical games do.

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)