Tactical Weapons A20

ViperInfinity

1562017417_Screenshot2022-02-05180517.thumb.jpg.0bc96e7c9f5babe39d5b38d9f3953a64.jpg

This mod is derived from "Tristam's TacticalAction" mod. I removed a ton of unused and broken items and added a lot of missing items/features. A lot of legacy code and references were removed so it is truly just the guns and ammo now. I have since made so many changes that it warants the renaming from "TacticalAction ViperInfinity" to "Tactical Weapons".

This mod adds various ranged weapons, mods, and scopes while maintaining most of the vanilla features or expanding on them. You can craft these new items at the Ammo Bench (New workstation). All credits to IvanDX for the original mod and Tristam.

You can safely delete TacticalAction from your mod folder and replace it with this. If you used the TAmod modification or the Scope4xACOG_TA31_bacmod then make sure you log in and delete those items before replacing TacticalAction

Downloads

Tactical Weapons

SMX UI Patch

Backup Nexus Mirror

Install in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Mods

Features

New Mods!

New Scopes!

New Weapons!!!

Complete Animations!

Pistols

• MK23
  • Colt 1911
  • USP 9
  • P99
  • Beretta 93R
  • Glock 18C
  • Desert Eagle
  • Raging Bull
  • Colt M1873

SMG's

• MP5N
  • MP5SD
  • UMP
  • KRISS Vector
  • Shotguns
  • M4 Super 90
  • SPAS12
  • S686
  • Saiga12K
  • AA12

Assault Rifles

• M4A1
  • HK416
  • ACR
  • AUG A3
  • G36KV
  • SCAR L
  • SCAR H
  • M16A4
  • SA580SW

Machine Guns

• Gatling Guns
  • M60E4
  • M249

Rifles

• Winchester M1894
  • Kar98K
  • M1 Garand
  • M14 EBR

Snipers

• M110
  • AWP
  • MSG90A1
  • M82A1

Explosive Guns

• T1M79
  • China Lake
  • MGL140

ToDo List

• Align some scopes and fix projected laser dot location on some weapons (Mostly assault rifles).
  • Rework scope attachment system within the mod to bring it in-line with vanilla and remove remaining chinese text popup installation on weapons.
  • Rework names and descriptions for various items
  • Add more weapons like the P90

Changelog

2/5/22

Removed all pop-up chinese text when swapping to any weapon
Renamed mod to Tactical Weapons
some scopes also no longer install the chinese text pop up when equiped
added proper groups to all weapons in items.xml
Added vanilla laser sight effects to modded laser sight (non-toggable)
Added vanilla light effects to modded light attachment (toggable)
Fixed all weapon animations and added missing ones
Removed a lot of unused particle effects and animations from all gun animations
Removed un-needed XML code for attachments
Replaced non-vanilla muzzle flashes
All ammo and weapons show up in the proper spots in the UI
Removed metal ammo boxes, ammo bundles, and ammo crates
Removed TA pad modification, duplicate Scope4xACOG_TA31 modification
Changed ammo bench icon to avoid confusion on where items need to be crafted
Removed duplicate/unusable recipes
Added missing recipes

1/29/22

My friends are really enjoying my modified TacticalAction changes so I probably will continue this past this point until it is different enough to be called something else.
Removed multiple versions of the M1 Garand
Fixed TacticalAction mods not unlocking properly( bipod, grip, etc…)
Added several missing modifier tags to Tactical Action weapons
Added proper modifier tags to all TacticalAction mods
Removed custom stack counts and economic values (all were at 1 for stacks) for mods by adding in the vanilla template
Removed zeroing mod
Added appropriate vanilla mods to list of compatible attachments for TacticalAction guns
Made the XML’s a bit more readable
Raging bull revolver is now considered a revolver
Added modified traders and loot xml’s from Kingston621
Added a the general silencer schematic to the lootpool
Added AdvancedScopes schematic to the lootpool
Removed Bipod from MGT3M60E4 picture
Fixed MP5 and UMP scopes
Modified hold type for 686 shotgun to help fit it in the hands a little better. Still looks wrong but it’s not as wrong anymore.
Increased compatibility with other mods in regards to how it adds these modded items.

1/28/22

Removed menu elements for SMX compatibility
Removed unused cooking stations
Modified the ammo bench to work with SMX
Removed Radio, psi, and food references
Removed howling noises and other added non-weapon related noises
Removed Light Sticks
Removed non-weapon and non-ammo images
Removed many unused items
Removed a lot of legacy code

Screenshot.jpg

Edited by ViperInfinity
Added screenshots (see edit history)

Very nice looking mod. Only issue I have is with the see-through-scopes like the holo. The scope's texture loads just fine but the lens portion is just purple. No idea what the issue is. Had this issue on another scopes mod back in 19.x. No one else reporting this issue. Linux user. Not sure if this affects anything and curious if anyone else runs into this issue. Otherwise, good job.

3 hours ago, wokkawokka said:

Very nice looking mod. Only issue I have is with the see-through-scopes like the holo. The scope's texture loads just fine but the lens portion is just purple. No idea what the issue is. Had this issue on another scopes mod back in 19.x. No one else reporting this issue. Linux user. Not sure if this affects anything and curious if anyone else runs into this issue. Otherwise, good job.

That might be a Linux issue, I cannot replicate the problem with any gun and scope combination. I am unsure how to troubleshoot Linux issues so I can't be of much help, sorry.

10 hours ago, ViperInfinity said:

That might be a Linux issue, I cannot replicate the problem with any gun and scope combination. I am unsure how to troubleshoot Linux issues so I can't be of much help, sorry.

I think it is, too. And sadly, yeah, I haven't seen any solutions forthcoming. Well, if any other linux user runs into this issue, hopefully this will be the preliminary answer they're (probably not looking for) looking for. I don't mind because the mod is great in of itself. Great work on modifying this original. One of the core complaints I had when I first installed TA was how much superfluous stuff was added that I didn't appreciate or want. And I do remember trying to go through and "cherry pick" out some of the (what I felt was) unnecessary stuff but it just turned into a big debacle.

2 hours ago, Jaluvshuskies said:

Hello! Does this mod need to be installed on both server and client? Or just server? I assumed both, but I just wanted to make sure

It needs to be installed on both client AND server. It adds a bunch of gun models and not just XML files. Hope you have a fun time

Hello @ViperInfinity , I have another question

If I want to install BOTH Tactical Weapons and UI, where do I place the files? Since they both have a folder named Config

Do I merge both config folders? Right now I have the Tactical Weapons extracted contents inside 

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Mods\Tactical Weapons

Is this not the place I should place these mods?

11 minutes ago, Jaluvshuskies said:

Hello @ViperInfinity , I have another question

If I want to install BOTH Tactical Weapons and UI, where do I place the files? Since they both have a folder named Config

Do I merge both config folders? Right now I have the Tactical Weapons extracted contents inside 

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Mods\Tactical Weapons

Is this not the place I should place these mods?

If you want both then there will be two different folders in the Mods folder for Tactical Weapons in addition to the SMX mod: Link

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Mods\Tactical Weapons SMX

11 minutes ago, ViperInfinity said:

If you want both then there will be two different folders in the Mods folder for Tactical Weapons in addition to the SMX mod: Link

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Mods\Tactical Weapons SMX

Thank you for the response. So I did try that, I think that's why I was confused and had to ask how I should do it. When I launched the game, the UI hadn't changed and I think there might've been an error.

I will try again. Here are pictures of what my files look like:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Update: I launched the game again, and it did not work (I'm going off of the start screen)

Edited by Jaluvshuskies (see edit history)

12 minutes ago, Jaluvshuskies said:

Thank you for the response. So I did try that, I think that's why I was confused and had to ask how I should do it. When I launched the game, the UI hadn't changed and I think there might've been an error.

I will try again. Here are pictures of what my files look like:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Update: I launched the game again, and it did not work (I'm going off of the start screen)

The SMX patch requires SMX by Sirillion, you are missing that in your Mods folder.

Specifically

SMXlib

SMXui

I highly recommend the other modules as well

Love the what you have done to this! I do have one issue that im seeing, having a bit of a hard time trying to search where i messed up. The ammo bench is causing some troubles. I get the "failed initializing window group workstation_ammobench. then later on, warnings about the same thing but stating "workstation_ammobench" not found. is there a UI or something i didnt download or that is required?

Great mod, having a bless on the SCAR-H indeed, just got a little problem for the mods
I m using your dropbox link mods file and still having those annoying chinese pop-up text while switching some rifles
Just guessing the change log saying the blue text will be removed?
Do i have to install those SMX ui patch to fix this?

Thank you 

spacer.png

Edited by sivina (see edit history)

22 minutes ago, sivina said:

Great mod, having a bless on the SCAR-H indeed, just got a little problem for the mods
I m using your dropbox link mods file and still having those annoying chinese pop-up text while switching some rifles
Just guessing the change log saying the blue text will be removed?
Do i have to install those SMX ui patch to fix this?

Thank you 

spacer.png

Some scopes have the blue text hard coded. I am in the process of removing them. It will be included in the next patch if I can figure it out. The next patch will have a lot of bug fixes including scope and laser alignments for all weapons.

2 minutes ago, Rave_gaming_jj said:

I am having issues installing the mod. I have downloaded both the tac and smx file but still cannot get it working. Is there a discord channel that i can join to get help in what i am doing wrong?

Please read this comment

On 2/6/2022 at 8:20 PM, ViperInfinity said:

The SMX patch requires SMX by Sirillion, you are missing that in your Mods folder.

Specifically

SMXlib

SMXui

I highly recommend the other modules as well

1 hour ago, ViperInfinity said:

Some scopes have the blue text hard coded. I am in the process of removing them. It will be included in the next patch if I can figure it out. The next patch will have a lot of bug fixes including scope and laser alignments for all weapons.

Nice one, really looking forward to it!

1 hour ago, Rave_gaming_jj said:

I have downloaded that also and still could not get it working

I think the problem is that the mod author did not include a directory in the zip file (at least the one I downloaded on release day from https://7daystodiemods.com/tactical-weapons/).

To solve this problem just create a folder in your Mods directory called Tactical Weapons and install the .zip file into that directory so it looks something like this:

image.png.7c53add8cc2e7ed31d5f595aca365e72.png

3 hours ago, MikeyUK said:

I think the problem is that the mod author did not include a directory in the zip file (at least the one I downloaded on release day from https://7daystodiemods.com/tactical-weapons/).

To solve this problem just create a folder in your Mods directory called Tactical Weapons and install the .zip file into that directory so it looks something like this:

image.png.7c53add8cc2e7ed31d5f595aca365e72.png

Thank you. I have it working now. i am now trying to get the extended backpack working.