experience from traps and turrets

Hiroler225

It is also only the turrets (smg and shotgun), Blade traps, dart trap and electrical traps that will give the player that placed them experience. All of which have to be wired to a power source.

Basically it comes down to:

1. Did you place them?

2. Do they require electricity to function?

3. Do you have Advanced Engineering 3(?) or higher?

4. If "yes" to 1, 2 and 3 then you get some experience from the traps' kills. Otherwise no.

8 hours ago, seagas said:

That's why I prefer electric fences as my main trap defense, stuns them while I or junky kills them. I use a turret for vulture defense and either dart or SMG turrets for "Oh-@%$#" moments turned on by a switch when needed. 

we are utilizing those items as well.. especially on horde night.. 

On 2/5/2022 at 9:43 PM, Darklegend222 said:

Yea its not the greatest, since you need to rely on them later on in the game to live on horde nights if you actually want to finish off a horde

Glad to have this confirmed because our traps will be multiplying soon but I guess we can divide up the turrets to set up. I wasn't going the engineer route this time but can catch up to 3 quickly but don't know when I'd catch up to the teammate w/ 5 in Adv Engineering. Wasn't plannin' on it... I don't want to miss out totally though - I'm pretty sure that we saw the huge XP bonus the person who laid the traps got on our last map. It was past day 200 and 3-4 skill levels for a BloodMoon was normal but the "main engineer" was getting 6 levels. Ah well, good to know. 😃