3D ParaDrop Oddity was Any way to recover a game before a death?

Rotor

There I was day 82, doing some base upgrades.  Supply plane comes by and no drop.  I go to my rooftop no smoke, no fire no strobe.  I figure no problem, I will just go back to my chores and look for it later.  So I am ugrading a block and  ...BAM! Insta Deth.  Dunno why, no warning, just red bloody screen.  Almost like a lag server disconnect death, but I am playing a solo game.

So, since I hadnt died prior to that (well except a prior unstable structure construction death :)), just wondering if there is a way to recover the game prior to that point.

Otherwise I will restart, handnt come across bicycle handle bars anyways.

Edited by Rotor (see edit history)

On 1/31/2022 at 9:20 PM, Rotor said:

There I was day 82, doing some base upgrades.  Supply plane comes by and no drop.  I go to my rooftop no smoke, no fire no strobe.  I figure no problem, I will just go back to my chores and look for it later.  So I am ugrading a block and  ...BAM! Insta Deth.  Dunno why, no warning, just red bloody screen.  Almost like a lag server disconnect death, but I am playing a solo game.

So, since I hadnt died prior to that (well except a prior unstable structure construction death :)), just wondering if there is a way to recover the game prior to that point.

Otherwise I will restart, handnt come across bicycle handle bars anyways. 

That happened to me in A19, day 70.  Same scenario, walking around base, except maybe I was ground floor,  repairing blocks after a zombie attack and boom!  red screen instant death no reason.   I even respawned looked around, nothing in sight.  No mods or files changed.  Gave me an excuse to upgrade to 20 but yeah, probably a good idea to back up your game files on a regular basis.

I respawned to go look.  However, I made a critical mistake on my bed hideout.  I had fortified in case I needed to respawn in the middle of a horde night as it was inside my base.  Forgot no tools on the respawn to get out :/.  I didnt want to sit there and beat a block of cobblestone with my fists.

Another note on things not to do :).

• 4 months later...
On 1/31/2022 at 8:20 PM, Rotor said:

Hate to Necro, but I ran into this yesterday after a marathon session.  3 to 4 hours (catching up on my fix after 36 days :)).  Again, the airdrop was invisible.  Since i remember what had happened before, I logged off right there before the instakill, I was in the middle of field.  I logged back in a bit later and could not find the airdrop but as I kept walking in the general direction, the parachute reappered, with smoke and flare.

Just wondering if this is like a memory leak, coincidence or air drop issue?  Likely never to find out, but since is the second time around figure to be "interesting".

• Rotor changed the title to 3D ParaDrop Oddity was Any way to recover a game before a death?

I had an odd death last night that feels... relevant.

I was in one of the garages with the stairs leading down to an open area under the cars. I'm fighting a couple Utility Workers down there, and while I'm running around in circles to kill 'em while regaining stamina (It was a new character on a server so I didn't have sexrex yet), somehow a car popped into existence in the lower area. I thought I must have hit a support or something and it 'fell'. Problem is, it popped into existence while I was attacking the zombies, and shortly after swinging the sledgehammer......... Kaboom. Big 'ol explosion that instagibbed me.

A good reminder that this game's still in alpha :)

Here is one I've been able to dupe a couple of times.  Approach an ambulance on the crouch and loot.  Come around to front not too close, and the sleeper volume is sitting right there, taking a good ole nap.  Go do something for a bit and come back (maybe 3 or 4 mins, I was distracted this time by a deer :) and I dont pass up deer meat hehe.  Anyways, come back to ambulance the sleeper is gone, but as you approach to loot the med stash on the floor he will pop right in front of ya........still asleep.  Back away slowly and shoot him in the head and take the meds :).

6 hours ago, Rotor said:

Here is one I've been able to dupe a couple of times.  Approach an ambulance on the crouch and loot.  Come around to front not too close, and the sleeper volume is sitting right there, taking a good ole nap.  Go do something for a bit and come back (maybe 3 or 4 mins, I was distracted this time by a deer :) and I dont pass up deer meat hehe.  Anyways, come back to ambulance the sleeper is gone, but as you approach to loot the med stash on the floor he will pop right in front of ya........still asleep.  Back away slowly and shoot him in the head and take the meds :).

I roll my eyes every time I approach that damn ambulance in the middle of the freakin' intersection. The sleeper pop-in is atrocious.