AH-64 Apache Helicopter

Zilox

One of my players has maxed out Grease Monkey, has the materials, but can't craft the Apache parts in the workbench.  It shows the unlock items as being Grease Monkey and AH-64 partname Schematic.  As server manager I went ahead and cheated in the schematics for him since his Grease Monkey is level 5.  But any idea what might break the crafting?

Once he had the schematics he could craft the parts and made two Apaches.  Both players using them report they are working fine (with missiles too), so I'm pretty sure the modlet was installed correctly on both server and client sides.

Will also post this in the Discord to cover the bases.

Edited by Evil_Geoff
Additional information (see edit history)

6 hours ago, Stormbrew said:

Clearly user error on install. Any idea how to fix?

EXC NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Be gentle! I'm old and truly have not modded a game since Windows 98SE! 

I would need your log file to know what is wrong, a screenshot of the Mods folder would also be good. Make sure you have installed all the required mods and the main file, which is the green download button.

Here is a guide to find the log file.

In-game Console method.

* In the console (F1) click the "Open Logs Folder" button in the upper right hand corner. Drag and drop the output_log.txt file into the proper discord channel.

Out of game Log File locations.

* Client Side Log locations

* Output log, usually contains the errors we are looking for.

* Hit the Windows Key + S and type in %appdata% and hit enter.

* Locate 7DaysToDie folder and open it.

* Locate Logs folder and open it.

* Locate latest version of output_log_client_”x”.txt, where x is the date and time.

* Drag and drop that file into the proper discord channel.

* Player log, sometimes errors are player specific do not include this unless we ask for it.

* Follow the first step above to get to the Roaming folder of appdata and click on the AppData name in the path (alternately, you can just type in C:\Users\”your PC user name”\AppData and hit enter) and double click on the LocalLow folder.

* Locate and open the “The Fun Pimps” folder.

* Locate and open the “7 Days to Die” folder.

* Locate “Player.log” and drag and drop into the appropriate discord channel.

* Single use output file location, this one overwrites every time you start a new game and this is the most common location if you are running ModLauncher to manage your mods.

* Go to your 7 Days to Die installation folder (usually C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\7DaysToDie but will be different if Steam installs to none default location or you made copies for your modded versions) and locate and open the “7DaysToDie_Data” folder.

* Locate “Outupt_log.txt” and drag and drop it to the proper discord channel.

* Server Log location

* “install location of the server install of 7dtd”\7DaysToDieServer_Data\output_log_dedi”x”.txt where “x” is the date and time of the latest update for that log.