Tier 4 generator mission

ungkor

Are the tier 4 generator missions supposed to act like a bloodmoon nights?   Since I've never done one before, I backed the game up and started it.

Died repeatedly.   Dozens of zombies.   Tried a few different tactics, nothing worked.

I finally found a tower above the mission area where the zombies could not reach me, and noticed it was a constant stream.   So I cheated and gavemyself a ton of ammo.   Thousands of rounds.   I sat on the tower from 22:00 to 4:00am killing a ton of zombies and the stream of them never stopped.  

Are you supposed to build a zombie killing base to accomplish a tier 4 generator mission? 

A20.0_2022-01-30_22-02-06.jpg

A20.0_2022-01-30_22-02-09.jpg

A20.0_2022-01-30_22-02-11.jpg

2 hours ago, palikkamaa said:

By the looks of your current hotbar, you are undergeared for t4 RP quest. It is no joke but the rewards can be T3 L6 armor pieces. I would not be suprised if there was +30 zombie trigger like the t2 RP construction site PoI. 

That may be so.   But the point I'd like to make,  is that the zeds/zombies did not stop.   Even if I cheated and gave myself unlimited ammo, I ended up killing them continually.  It really felt like a blood moon.

I'm not exaggerating when I say, I spent 1000 7.62 and 1000+ shotgun ammo just as an experiment (cheating).  

This particular quest is bugged...or I don't know how to handle it.

This has nothing to do with the kind of quest or generator quests in particular. Depending on your game settings (especially feral sense always on) ANY noise you make at night will end up triggering an endless stream of Zs in the Wasteland. Not so in other biomes. So if you would like to do a generator quest at night without hundreds of Zs coming at you, simply do it in another biome than the Wasteland.

Wasteland is the hardest biome and depending on your settings no joke.

3 hours ago, PoloPoPo said:

ANY noise you make at night will end up triggering an endless stream of Zs in the Wasteland.

This. It's not the quest, it's wasteland. Instant spawns constantly. I did make my horde base in wasteland, and I only had one night of constant attack though; it's been a few weeks now. I was kinda hoping it to be a feature night after night, but it seems I've cleared that part of the wastes .. :) So, it might be that the next time you end up on the same roof, there won't be an assault (no promises though, I don't exactly know what caused my lack of XP flow.. :) )

Thanks for the info.  I wasn't aware of the changes to the wasteland spawning mechanics.   

My settings are default.  So if I wanted to tackle the wasteland quest, I'd almost have to stealth it, and use bows/melee weapons, and probably be much higher level?  

What do you think the game designers have in mind as a strategy to complete that sort of mission?  

10 hours ago, ungkor said:

Thanks for the info.  I wasn't aware of the changes to the wasteland spawning mechanics.   

My settings are default.  So if I wanted to tackle the wasteland quest, I'd almost have to stealth it, and use bows/melee weapons, and probably be much higher level?  

What do you think the game designers have in mind as a strategy to complete that sort of mission?  

I suspect it's "kill all the zeds first, quietly, THEN fire up the jennies and git outta dodge".

That or sitting back giggling while people do these.

:D

1 hour ago, canadianbluebeer said:

My money is on giggles ..

About three concrete blocks per genny and a couple grenades should do the trick as well. Block routes or build a microtower, let them pile for a bit.

Concrete is prolly overkill, cobble should do fine too.

Edited by theFlu (see edit history)

On 2/1/2022 at 6:41 AM, theFlu said:

My money is on giggles ..

About three concrete blocks per genny and a couple grenades should do the trick as well. Block routes or build a microtower, let them pile for a bit.

Concrete is prolly overkill, cobble should do fine too.

On 2/1/2022 at 5:23 AM, canadianbluebeer said:

I suspect it's "kill all the zeds first, quietly, THEN fire up the jennies and git outta dodge".

:D

So basically I'm hearing, show up during the day, build a mini base and clear the entire 4-5 blocks.  Then try the quest at night.   Since the wasteland has a zero second respawn time at night (I hope only at night), its basically impossible without first clearing blocks around the target quest.

7 hours ago, ungkor said:

So basically I'm hearing, show up during the day, build a mini base and clear the entire 4-5 blocks.

Well, you can, but with the POI reset, you're not getting a huge advantage. Showing up at night, getting inside fast and killing fast with blocking doorways and such was what I was mostly thinking.