The Spencer Mansion Incident (Resident Evil) A21.2

FranticDan

6 minutes ago, Azuhe said:

all the hard work just to die to the super tyrant fight. IT was not even the tyrant killing me. I shoot the rocket and killed myself XD

That's the worst way to go, you're not the first person to die at the Super Tyrant.

When you feel up for another run, you'll know to play on the latest experimental, which might fix that weird door bug too

Thank you for playing my mod!

• FranticDan changed the title to The Spencer Mansion Incident (Resident Evil) A20.2
  • 2 weeks later...
A huge Congratulations to MiLKMAN for completing The Spencer Mansion Incident on the second hardest settings of S Difficulty and zombies at Sprint Speed, with a clear time of 12 hours 37 minutes and 52 seconds! I'm very impressed and was greatly entertained watching him live! I am beaming with joy to witness someone make a massive achievement like this!

If you want to watch the journey for yourself!
(Spoilers, obviously!)

• FranticDan changed the title to The Spencer Mansion Incident (Resident Evil) A20.2 *Now supports MP*
  • 1 month later...

Heya so I started this mod today and having fun, tho I've hit a road block and cant progress no further, I've opened all the rooms I could open but there's no more items to collect or even any keys or the broken shotgun. I have Jill's lockpicks and the sword key but I cant go any farther, these are all the items I currently have, where ir what do i do next?

spacer.png

14 hours ago, Epicfailman said:

Heya so I started this mod today and having fun, tho I've hit a road block and cant progress no further, I've opened all the rooms I could open but there's no more items to collect or even any keys or the broken shotgun. I have Jill's lockpicks and the sword key but I cant go any farther, these are all the items I currently have, where ir what do i do next?

spacer.png

Did you get the dog whistle and "read" it?

• 2 months later...

Is there a way I can add the "zombies don't feel pain" feature to any game, not just this modpack? Like is it a part of the Difficulty modlet, is it an expansion of NoZombieRage? I assume it's a .dll file and I'm really bad with that stuff; xpath is the limit of my abilities haha.

My b, I think it's a custom alteration of "PainResistPerHit" in xpath.

Edited by dahkdm (see edit history)

On 6/1/2022 at 3:11 PM, dahkdm said:

My b, I think it's a custom alteration of "PainResistPerHit" in xpath.

Correct. I used two different values for most of the zombies. One of the values allows the player to make a zombie miss if the zombie is hit just before they connect an attack, while the other value allows the zombie to hit the player regardless if the zombie gets hit which I gave to the slower zombies so that the slow zombies are to be feared more than the fast zombies 

• FranticDan changed the title to The Spencer Mansion Incident (Resident Evil) A20.6 *Now supports MP and Integration*

Updated for A20.6

Supports MP and Twitch Integration
The Linked Storage modlet is disabled by default, it is recommended to only enable when playing SP

I have also put together a spreadsheet full of information on the enemies, weapons and healing. View at your own discretion of spoilers.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Tqa0JeUROVYSJv0rxZ2YRkOFY4njxbUISr7dm96D83s/edit#gid=0

Edited by FranticDan (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I seem to be having an issue, same as this person:

On 1/29/2022 at 11:50 AM, Rixuous said:

When I try to load the world it gives me an error "NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object" and repeats indefinitely until I force quit the application.

I had to manually install, as the 7D2D mod launcher doesn't run on mac (which, I know, it's a mac, haha macs can't play games), and I think I've put some of the files in the wrong places, which folder should all of the config data from the github link be put into? I've modded the game prior and am 99% sure I have all the mods in the right folder, it's just the config data I'm worried about.

Edited by Avernus
Further information, forgot prior to posting (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/12/2022 at 9:28 AM, Avernus said:

I seem to be having an issue, same as this person:

I had to manually install, as the 7D2D mod launcher doesn't run on mac (which, I know, it's a mac, haha macs can't play games), and I think I've put some of the files in the wrong places, which folder should all of the config data from the github link be put into? I've modded the game prior and am 99% sure I have all the mods in the right folder, it's just the config data I'm worried about.

You copy and paste the data folder where the main data and mods folders are and overwrite

DO NOT delete any files (some people have in the past)

Make sure you have a copy of the vanilla game, it won't work if you try to apply this to the actual vanilla game folder

• 5 weeks later...

Update v2.0 changes
*Requires a Fresh New Game*

- Changed: You now start with 12 perk points, instead of 2, in the form of Training Manuals.
       Choose your points wisely, as there are no refunds and no extras for the entire playthrough.
- Changed: Perks are rebalanced, and each level now costs 1 Training Manual. Before, some perks cost 2 points.
- Changed: All attributes are only 1 level, granting 250% headshot damage and 15% bonus to dismember.
- Changed: You now start with 120 Health and Stamina instead of 100.
- Changed: Power Attacks no longer pause stamina regeneration.
- Removed: Demolitions Expert perk.
- Added: Armour Tolerance perk. This perk does what Pain Tolerance used to do, but now also reduces the stamina and mobility penalties of armour.
- Changed: Pain Tolerance now works like in vanilla, but slightly more potent. (TFP fixed a bug recently so this perk works as intended now)
- Removed: Gloves, there are now 4 pieces of armour instead of 5.
- Changed: Rebalanced the armour rating of all armour to compensate the loss of the gloves piece.
- Changed: Rebalanced ammo crafting with the Reloading Tool, the amount of gunpowder to craft each round is equivilant to the firepower of that round.
- Changed: Reloading Tool now stacks to 10 instead of 1, so ammo crafting is less tedious than before.
- Added: Reloading Tool can now also allow you to dismantle standard ammo, at a cost of 25% gunpowder. (Requires Reloading Tool on you to dismantle)
- Changed: Moved one of the Locked Reinforced chests to an earlier section of the mod for earlier access.
- Changed: Removed campfire recipe and added campfires in most locations with a Storage Box. Includes the kitchen.
- Added: Placed a Blue Herb in each of the mansion's Save Rooms.
- Changed: Poison is now more deadly, lowering health every 30 seconds instead of 50.
- Removed: You no longer get XP from harvesting anything, or reading books. XP is mostly earned from kills.
- Changed: Player Level and Gamestage is solely used for Twitch Integration and mod progression, no perk points.
- Changed: Herbs heal more, up to 60 with a mixture of G+R+B. This mixture used to heal 40.
- Changed: Medical healing recovers health at 5 per tick instead of 2.
- Changed: Nerfed the firepower of the AK-47 from 42 Standard and 56 HiPower, to 24 Standard and 30 HiPower.
- Added: Another 60 rounds of Assault Rifle ammo, bringing the total non-crafted amount from 90 to 150.
- Changed: Extra 2 Player support, some looted items now come in doubles.
- Fixed: Rockets now cause radius damage instead of just impact damage. Displayed value applies to both, so direct hits are double the displayed value.
- Changed: Makeshift Mines and Grenades deal an extra 25% more damage.
- Changed: Difficulty rebalanced, higher difficulties now increase Enemy HP instead of reducing the players damage inflicted to enemies.

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, jdog84 said:

Hello I'm new to the game i used to play it on console but then got a pc, started playing it and found this mod but its not working for me can someone help?

Find your vanilla copy of the game, and make a copy of it so you have two copies. Vanilla and soon-to-be modded.

If there is a Mods folder in the new copy, delete it. Spencer Mansion isn't compatible with foreign mods/modlets

Download the mod manually, unzip and COPY both Data and Mods folders and PASTE them into the main directory of the copy you just made. (Which contains the 7 Days to Die application file)

You'll be prompted to overwrite some files, yes to overwrite

Launch the 7 Days to Die application file

• FranticDan changed the title to The Spencer Mansion Incident (Resident Evil) A21.2

V3.10 
- Fixed an issue where is was possible for enemies could enter the first boss room
- Japanese localisation for Cerberus and Web Spinner
- Destroying the rocket launcher 'should' no longer give the player an intact rocket launcher
- Removed the excessive sleeper counts for sleeper volumes. (I initially added extras, because for some reason, not all counts were spawning. However, having excess meant more than intended had the possibility to spawn)

V3.11
- Buffed Passive Healing perk to healing every 4 seconds instead of every 5 seconds.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, skatapunkguy93 said:

i did exactly as i read to do to install this mod and i just keep getting an error that the mansion prefab cant be loaded. so im  just stuck in a big empty world. all other spencer mansion mods are loading fine

That happens when custom blocks are missing, which means the game isn't reading the blocks xml. Or a foreign mod is conflicting.

Did you do a fresh install?
1) copy vanilla files (A21.2) and rename folder to identify it
2) delete Mods folder in the copy AND AppData (so there's no foreign mods)
3) paste Spencer mods folder into the main directory of the copy

On 9/30/2023 at 10:35 PM, FranticDan said:

That happens when custom blocks are missing, which means the game isn't reading the blocks xml. Or a foreign mod is conflicting.

Did you do a fresh install?
1) copy vanilla files (A21.2) and rename folder to identify it
2) delete Mods folder in the copy AND AppData (so there's no foreign mods)
3) paste Spencer mods folder into the main directory of the copy

will try that thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Sophresh said:

hi I'm loving the mod so far,, but I've done like five runs and I'm still not able to work out how to do the puzzles in the painting room and the armour room?? I keep dying trying to work out how to do the puzzles 😭

Sounds like you're playing on A21.1
You need to use the experimental A21.2 for the switches to work

EDIT: After updating, you'll need to start a fresh game, switches still won't work if a game was started in A21.1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey.  I'm not sure if you've configured the mod for your resolution or full screen, but I play windowed and this is what the startup screen looks like:

Also, I enjoyed it for a couple of hours, but now I can't go more than 2 minutes without another 5 or 6 crimson heads spawning and chasing me down.  Is that intended?  It seems a bit tedious.  Ammo is long gone, so survival isn't really possible at this point.

startup.jpg

1 hour ago, Fisher said:

Hey.  I'm not sure if you've configured the mod for your resolution or full screen, but I play windowed and this is what the startup screen looks like:

Also, I enjoyed it for a couple of hours, but now I can't go more than 2 minutes without another 5 or 6 crimson heads spawning and chasing me down.  Is that intended?  It seems a bit tedious.  Ammo is long gone, so survival isn't really possible at this point.

startup.jpg

Very strange, you might have to change the UI/margin settings to be smaller for the menu options to squeeze inside

As for crimsons, strategy is required to limit the amount that spawn. If you play like normal 7 days, you're gonna have a bad time.
1) Crimsons can't exist if you don't kill zombies. 
2) Shotgun is your best friend (shoot the legs) However, due to vanilla code, for some reason, slugs are only good on legs when the target is at full health. Shells are good to use regardless of their remaining health.
3) Don't leave doors open, you're just asking to be killed if you do.
4) If you have to log out of the game, make sure you're in an open area and ready for a fight when you log back in. (Assuming there are crimsons yet to spawn)

I've made it possible for the mod to be beaten knife only for those that wish to do so, even on the hardest difficulty and fastest speed.