The Spencer Mansion Incident (Resident Evil) A21.2

FranticDan

Spoiler

Ok so I found Lisa in the mines and sadly realized after I wasted ammo that it was her, Does the ladder that goes up into the dirt go anywhere because I've been hitting it for awhile with my Knife and nothings happening.

2 hours ago, DDD said:

I'm currently having issues breaking the metal decorations to put my regrow able plants down. They have too much health.

There are two wood piles for the forge, just the one is plenty enough.
You mean underground, right? That section didn't fit inside the boundary of the POI before I added the helipad, now it does but won't add much to the experience.

Plant them somewhere else? I always see people using the East save room, myself included.

Yeah! So now I am in need of guidance! I have one power key and nowhere to go. Just jammed doors. Help Please! Also, You should make it so the Chemist perk also increases craft and smelt time/getting more of it maybe. You would be a Chemist.

Spoiler

This is the underground science/elevator to freedom area

Edited by DDD (see edit history)

Haha....Yeah so I've already used it and I am lost. This is a bit embarrassing since I looked every where. It took so long and I found nothing. Then the crimsons I thought I could ignore because I was endgame, Slaughtered me... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Well as Mario would say "Here! We Go!"

Patch notes for Version 4.0

• Added Manual Saving, you MUST save your game BEFORE you exit or you'll lose progress.
  • Added Ink Ribbons. Found in Typewriters. You need this to save your game.
  • A secret infinite ink ribbon typewriter, can you find it?
  • Removed Permadeath. If you die, exit and reload your save to continue.
  • Removed multiplayer support. (Game breaking bugs with some custom features)
  • Zombies resurrect faster into Crimson Heads.
  • Crimson Heads no longer instantly spawn when reloading a save.
  • Gave grenades a +200% dismember chance.
  • Gave rockets an extreme dismember chance.
  • Boosted slugs headshot decap to 40% total.
  • Gave knife a +10% dismember chance while sprinting.
  • Gave knife a +10% dismember chance if stamina above 50% (must be above 50% after attacking)
  • Knife description to include new dismember stats.
  • Increased 762 ammo stack size to 90.
  • Added blue herb in final safe room.
  • Buffed molotovs and grenades damage by 20%.
  • Burning zombies to death will prevent crimsons.
  • Increased poison damage by 50%.
  • Doubled dismember chance with magnum from 20% to 40%.
  • Made individual doors for animal medals and MO discs (Possible softlock)
  • Added a second Power Area key and they now get consumed.
  • Added Achievements journal

1) Untrained S.T.A.R.S Officer: Beat the game without reading any S.T.A.R.S Training Manuals.
) Samurai 'Jill' Edge: Beat the game Knife Only.
) Inventory Management Master: Beat the game without using Item Storage Boxes.
) Outbreak Prevented?: Beat the game with at least 350 kills.
) Speedy Escape: Beat the game under a certain time dependent on difficulty.
) Skin Allergies: Beat the game without medical healing.
) I'm Saved!: Find the Infinite Typewriter.

v4.01

- Added extra switches for the final boss fight to help mitigate the trigger system bugging out.
- Changed the Gyrocopter quest from 'Craft' to 'Gather' to avoid soft-locking if crafting ammo in the workbench before the Gyrocopter.

• 1 month later...

Hey there, thanks a lot for putting so much effort into this!!! I had a blast playing it. Just like I had back in the days with the original RE.

EDIT: Added a new bullet point.

I'd like to cover twelve things I encountered during my play through:

Spoiler

1. In my humble opinion the storage boxes should be linked (if possible). I think I read somewhere you didn't link them on purpose but I had to backtrack so much and even move all items from one location to another at one point. For 7DTD this is something you would do, in RE not so much. Especially since your inventory is very limited. It was just time consuming for no reason and the only thing that annoyed me ... and sadly it annoyed me a lot. Especially doing it and then dying, just to do it all over again.

2. Is there a reason for the Rockets you find during the run not being usable with the Quad-Rocket Launcher? I just didn't find the normal Rocket Launcher it seems. Would've wished to make use of it in the final battle – in case I'd missed the Tyrant too often.

3. The third wheel was missing for me at the end. I can't remember if I found it and by accident dropped it on the floor, which in turn despawned later on. Maybe I just missed it. Though I've looked around the whole mansion two times at the end (everything was dead and I had plenty of time). Had to cheat it in order to finish the game, which was not to my liking. Is there a fail safe in case of accidentally dropping something and it despawns?

4. Would it be possible to get an "Exit" button instead or below the "Respawn near your backpack" when you die? Feels weird to have to spawn back in just to be able to exit.

5. Is dismantling meant to give lesser resources than crafting the same item would need? Didn't use that feature, just tested it out of curiosity and found that dismantling an AK bullet gave 21 gun powder while creating it costs 28.

6. In the room where you get the Shotgun there seems to be a wall plate to be of interest (lowered in). While hitting it zombies on the other side did wake up. Since the door to this area was still locked they were quite a nuisance due to the noise they made hitting stuff in order to get to me.

7. Not gonna lie, I cheesed at some point. Dogs can be killed through doors. When they try to break a door their heads often stick out to the other side, which allows you to knife them down. So basically just a 7DTD thing, but maybe you have an idea how to fix this.

8. I remember getting XP at times, though I'm not sure when exactly. Might be when you scrap journals? Definitely opening untouched Storage Chests or Typewriters, like the one that is hidden behind cardboard.

9. In the mostly empty room connected to the room with the globe (lobby, bottom floor, second door to the right side, locked at the beginning) there is a decoration at the wall that can be broken which gives 2 wood. There is another one and if I remember correctly it's in the room that leads to the Plant 42 boss fight. Should be directly to the right wall after entering that room. (Maybe harvesting these two things was where I got the XP from.)

10. The room near to the attic where you can destroy cabinets to a secret department. You can destroy nearly everything there since the destroyable cabinet block is used for every cabinet in that room. If I'm not mistaken that destroyable block has found its way into various rooms where it solves no purpose when destroyed. The bar in the room with the piano for example can be fully destroyed.

11. I have the feeling that Lisa Trevor has a teleport. I lured her into the room with the big table. I ran out and up the stairs while closing every door behind me. Obviously she would follow and open doors as long as she senses me. But later on she stood before me though the door she was behind before was still closed. Needless to say I got a heart attack from that 😛 Still I figure this might not be the way it is intended.

12. Is it intentional that you can destroy the farm plots (and getting nitrate) used in the corridor leading to and in the courtyard?

Edited by Anarath (see edit history)

20 hours ago, Anarath said:

Hey there, thanks a lot for putting so much effort into this!!! I had a blast playing it. Just like I had back in the days with the original RE.

EDIT: Added a new bullet point.

I'd like to cover twelve things I encountered during my play through:

Hide contents

snipped

Spoiler

1 : Linked storage code doesn't work in A21. However, it is buggy but works in A20 (though it needs to be manually turned on first by renaming the modinfo xml).

2 : You either destroyed the rocket launcher with an explosion (which is intended to destroy it) or didn't go to the room it's located in. The entire mod can be beaten with just a knife (there's an achievement for that), so even if you run out of ammo, you aren't forced to reset.

3 : You would have missed it, it is impossible to drop key items. (Only exception would be the chemical mixing, but that would be self inflicted and intentionally done by the player)

4 : That may require custom code. I can look into this for A22.

5 : The gunpowder equals out if you use the chemist expert perk.

6 : That's a pain, I've had many issues with zombies waking up early. That's behind the couch where a zombie spawns.

7 : Sadly not, it's a TFP issue to address with clipping.

8 : That's fine, XP does nothing anyway.

9 : I've noticed some things still give resources, wood does have a use, but cloth isn't used. I may address this in A22.

10 : That's fine, doesn't have a negative or advantage to the player being able to destroy these.

11 : That's how sleepers work in the game, they reset back to their spawn point eventually.

12 : Yes, it is mentioned in the Ammo Crafting journal entry.

10 hours ago, irishwolfhoundgaming said:

This good damm super tyrant how many rockets does he take on c difficulty?

Direct hit deals the most damage, about 10-11 rockets. You have a powered up knife if you run out of ammo