*Need Help* Issues with Fake Mountain that goes away as you walk to it!

Allfunngamez

Hello I recently restored a backup file from my old server to my new one and I am not getting this. Its working great but we get this fake mountain that dissapears as you walk towards it. It loads the terrain fine but it just looks weird. Any idea how to fix it would be greatly appreciated. 

image.thumb.png.e11c7f07643e24e0eea82b782cfcc804.png

I've noticed weird things like this that seem to be a part of how the graphics work.  For example, I exploded the head of a zombie who crumpled to a sitting position.  I ran down the street and on the way back I noticed they had their head back.  However, when I got closer the head disappeared.  I've also noticed this with PoI's.  I'll destroy a portion of it but when looking at it from a distance it appears complete.  Get closer and the destroyed portions suddenly appear (or disappear, depending on how you look at it).

I wonder if this isn't related somehow?

Yeah it never actually seemed to be an issue until the restore to a different server so I have no idea why its showing like it is. Like from a far it looks like a new world is loading then you get closer to the objects and our old world is there.

Render distance is set to max of 12 as well.

2 minutes ago, Urban Blackbear said:

Probably the dynamic mesh working its shenanigans.

Yeah I disabled that as well. It is happening for everyone in our server.

We had this issue on our old server as well when we tried to restore it back in Alpha 19, the world was a 19.3 map and when I tried to restore it for 19.4 it started causing this issue.  My guess is that the data from two different maps were colliding.  The game was trying to load the dynamic mesh from one map but when we got closer it was showing the actual map that we restored.  We ended up having to scrap that map completely due to a giant mountain being in the middle of the city we were living in lol.  Hopefully you can find a way to fix the issue on your map.

5 minutes ago, PinkLed5 said:

I've noticed weird things like this that seem to be a part of how the graphics work.  For example, I exploded the head of a zombie who crumpled to a sitting position.  I ran down the street and on the way back I noticed they had their head back.  However, when I got closer the head disappeared.  I've also noticed this with PoI's.  I'll destroy a portion of it but when looking at it from a distance it appears complete.  Get closer and the destroyed portions suddenly appear (or disappear, depending on how you look at it).

I wonder if this isn't related somehow?

I believe dymesh is set to "land claim only" by default due to its performance impact.  What that means is you will only see updated distant imposters within your land claim area unless you change this setting.

Also, dymesh has nothing to do with the zombies.

5 minutes ago, Sjustus548 said:

We had this issue on our old server as well when we tried to restore it back in Alpha 19, the world was a 19.3 map and when I tried to restore it for 19.4 it started causing this issue.  My guess is that the data from two different maps were colliding.  The game was trying to load the dynamic mesh from one map but when we got closer it was showing the actual map that we restored.  We ended up having to scrap that map completely due to a giant mountain being in the middle of the city we were living in lol.  Hopefully you can find a way to fix the issue on your map.

Yeah this has happened in our old world as well about a few months back found no fix for it. Was hoping someone might have a known fix. 

45 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

I believe dymesh is set to "land claim only" by default due to its performance impact.  What that means is you will only see updated distant imposters within your land claim area unless you change this setting.

Also, dymesh has nothing to do with the zombies.

since you seem to have knowledge as to how dynamic mesh works can you take a look at this and give some thoughts?