Stability bug fix?

Spatch

Any guess as to when this will be fixed?  Just lost my whole crafting base on day 28.  Had been in it for 7 ingame days and was off getting sand before the horde - as I'm driving back in the fog, I see burning stuff ahead and as I pull up, my base is collapsing :(  Frustrating as I dont' want to go in DM mode and "repair" it - this is the worst bug I've experienced since the minibikes used to cause me to fall through the world.

8 hours ago, Spatch said:

Any guess as to when this will be fixed?  Just lost my whole crafting base on day 28.  Had been in it for 7 ingame days and was off getting sand before the horde - as I'm driving back in the fog, I see burning stuff ahead and as I pull up, my base is collapsing :(  Frustrating as I dont' want to go in DM mode and "repair" it - this is the worst bug I've experienced since the minibikes used to cause me to fall through the world.

If your base collapsed when you weren't even there then more is going on that just the stability bug.

29 minutes ago, JCrook1028 said:

If your base collapsed when you weren't even there then more is going on that just the stability bug.

I'd be curious to know what it was, then.  It was at least 7 in-game days old, none of the poles collapsed, and It was solid concrete poles and cobblestone blocks for floors and walls.  And, it was 6 poles, 3 x 2, with 2 equal areas on each side and the same amount of stuff on each side, within reason.  Only one side collapsed, and, as I recall, I did do some lifting and replacing of blocks on the side that collapsed but not on the other side.

Historically there's been some chunk loading issues; if your base is located on two separate save regions, the game would load only half of your base in, and in some cases the loaded half wasn't self-sustaining - or something to that nature, it's not like I've seen the code.

Something like that added to the current stability bug.. anything goes.

16 minutes ago, JCrook1028 said:

So the poles were in the center? Not on the corners? If so then not a great idea imo.

No - 6 x 13 - one pole on each corner, one each in the middle.

.            .             .

.            .             .

None of the poles fell and only one side collapsed.

• 1 month later...