Electrical dissapearing

Azmo

Hi

I searched for this issue and didn't find any, sorry if it's a duplicate.

I have been having crashes with my server (ran out of memory) that is now fixed but an issue was ongoing before.

When the server crashes, all batteries and motors placed into generators (both gas and battery bank) would disappear.  It will not do so if placed in a storage box / chest.  Also, while all relays, switches and other block type object are not affected, the cables between them will also be removed like the batteries/engines.

I have attempted a reboot and nothing was affected, everything stayed, only on during crashes would it occur.

I confirm this is happening on the server i am playing right now: "Pimp my house".

If this happens: all batteries are removed from battery bank, engines are removed from the generator and the wiring is lost too :(  So, the complete electrical system will reset and it's pretty useless right now. One thing to ease the pain is to hold these items with you or place it in a chest each time you leave the server. But... who wants to wire the hole place every time this happens? Not me.

This bug is there  since the release of A20 experimental. 

On 1/6/2022 at 7:10 AM, Azmo said:

all batteries and motors placed into generators (both gas and battery bank) would disappear.

This info is stored in the power.dat file in the save game folder. If you have a backup, you can shutdown the server and replace that file.

I assume that when the server crashes, this file is getting corrupted.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/6/2022 at 10:10 AM, Azmo said:

Hi

I have been having crashes with my server (ran out of memory) that is now fixed but an issue was ongoing before.

When the server crashes, all batteries and motors placed into generators (both gas and battery bank) would disappear.  It will not do so if placed in a storage box / chest.  Also, while all relays, switches and other block type object are not affected, the cables between them will also be removed like the batteries/engines.

I have attempted a reboot and nothing was affected, everything stayed, only on during crashes would it occur.

This also happened with my server today.

All electrical wiring disappeared.  Fuel, Motors, Batteries, Solar Panels contained in Generators/Battery Pack/etc gone.

Also, all bullets deleted from inside auto-turrets (both shotgun and SMG).

Following up on this, I've noticed that after experiencing this bug, every electrical component seems to be consuming 5W.

I've confirmed for sure that relays, switches, lights, and blade traps are all consuming 5W on my server right now.  They still display the correct power consumption rating (for example relays show 1W, Spin Traps show 20W, etc...) but every time I add a new component to a generators circuit it adds precisely 5W.

Since i have fixed my crash problem ( server was hosted but was running out of memory very often, server host increased memory available and it came back good), now, sometimes, when i restart the server, while plugged in, electrical stops working.  i have to redo the wiring to make it work again. 

i haven't been able to create a 100% fail rate with server restart but player were complaining that their electrical were not working but everything look ok.

I have been seeing electrical items disappear issues for some time now, and at times, vehicles move. My situation is somewhat different. No crashes, dedicated server runs smooth. I try to do backups (save the "USERData" and "Saves")

Dedicated server:

Windows Server 2019

E3 1275 @ 3.4 Ghz (4c 8t)

16 GB Ram

OS on RAID 10 / SteamCMD & 7D2D on Samsung SSD secondary drive

Current map was generated at 20.1 B5 Exp, and I just updated the server to 20.2 B2 Stable. I mapped the User Data folder into the 7D2D folder.

Before each "backup" I issue the following commands:

listplayerids -- I verify nobody is on the server

saveworld --  Save the world

shutdown -- Shuts down the server

I 7Zip up the "USERData", "Saves" & "serverconfig.xml" folders and files to a dated archive file, then move to the OS raid where I have an archive of older saves.  

Then, I restart the server, and I will have electrical switches that are missing. Wires that are missing, and engines in generators that are missing. Not always, but I would say that 75% of the time, if I do the above steps, things will come up missing. At times, we had a vehicle on a 3rd floor of our base, and when we logged in, it was on the roof.  Almost seems random.

Am I missing a step? Is there something I can do to prevent this? I know we are still in alpha, but I have a habit of periodic backups. 

Above all else, you guys are doing an amazing job, and we love this game. 

On 1/6/2022 at 12:10 PM, Azmo said:

Hi

Hi!

Azmo, you report the bug? It's also happening in a server that i'm playing.

There's certainly something else going on because I've been using a ton (75 - 100+ pairs) of electric fence posts combined with turrets/dart/blade traps stress testing for unrelated bugs, starting it on a test server. Sometimes I'll move it to SP, load it back on the server, move it to a different drive then move it to another rig entirely, etc. Never seen this happen without a crash (although I've never seen it with a crash, either, but that would make sense). Game save data protection is being talked about, but you all here seem to be having different issues. Log files may provide more data, as well as more information about configurations and whatnot.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This happened to me also, yesterday!!

Also I'm noticing can't see where I'm placing my wiring anymore, it works sometimes.

At first I was not able to even log into the game,  took a while to figure out it was my power.dat file that got corrupted.

Actually wiring is completely broke now, I can't do any wiring.

I allows to select the first item and once I select the 2nd item to connect to.

It acts like nothing has happened..

• 2 months later...
On 1/25/2022 at 1:36 PM, Pwnocchio said:

Following up on this, I've noticed that after experiencing this bug, every electrical component seems to be consuming 5W.

I've confirmed for sure that relays, switches, lights, and blade traps are all consuming 5W on my server right now.  They still display the correct power consumption rating (for example relays show 1W, Spin Traps show 20W, etc...) but every time I add a new component to a generators circuit it adds precisely 5W.

This just happened to me as well...... I think it happened because I used task manager to end 7 days while the server was loading. I needed to change an option for the server and thought I'd cancel loading in to save time... But mine actually shows 5w as well. Anyone have this issue and able to fix it? Haven't tried much yet. Loosing wires and turret ammo is annoying but fixable. Take 5x the power is not going to fly though.spacer.png

spacer.png

18 hours ago, Mephialtes said:

This just happened to me as well...... I think it happened because I used task manager to end 7 days while the server was loading. I needed to change an option for the server and thought I'd cancel loading in to save time... But mine actually shows 5w as well. Anyone have this issue and able to fix it? Haven't tried much yet. Loosing wires and turret ammo is annoying but fixable. Take 5x the power is not going to fly though.spacer.png

spacer.png

delete the power.dat file and that should resolve. That will wipe all wiring, things inside of generators/banks and such though.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived