some items on my perk tree red like 2 out of the 5 on some items

sliverdemon41

Just a simple question for anyone, i have been playing for 2 years or so and i have never noticed this..  i went into my perk tree and the upgrades from like 1-5 i have the engineering one to 2 and some other ones at 2 out of 5 and for some reason the 2 is red and the 5 is white is this because i purchased the workbench and have not found the schematic or why is some of the perks have red on them please let me know

@doughphunghus is right. You'll see green if you're wearing something which gives you +1 in that attribute. I've got Nerdy Glasses on here:

image.png.7d06f394a53276889c0a0e14ca49a8af.png

That allows me to buy Tinkerer, which required INT 4:

image.png.0b2450e339fbd37d624377fc217ba986.png

If I remove the Nerdy Glasses, then I can't use the Tinkerer benefits (until I put the glasses back on or earn an INT point):

image.png.664c6e53182988b07821bde73f48cff3.png

Also shows red in the perk category list:

image.png.4c1ac4394aaf365d37824f4f25f18584.png

Edited by Boidster (see edit history)

dont forget a death (grim reaper) after level 6 will cause you to lose the last perk you pointed into until you gain the xp back.

it seems i was thinking of ark that takes away a perk point on death. 7dtd just takes away some xp and before you can gain points to level, you have to gain back what was lost.

Edited by unholyjoe (see edit history)

On 1/4/2022 at 10:07 PM, unholyjoe said:

dont forget a death (grim reaper) after level 6 will cause you to lose the last perk you pointed into until you gain the xp back.

I'm going to admit that I didn't know that.

<waits a while....>

Nope. I don't feel any better. 😒

-Arch Necromancer Morloc 💀

ok i stand corrected.. thinking wrong game... thats ark that takes away a perk...

but 7dtd does reduce some of your xp thus you have to gain that back before you can gain xp again.

i just tested it because something seemed wrong and i was wrong in which game took your last perk.. sorry :)

A21.0_2022-01-06_11-25-00.jpg

Edited by unholyjoe (see edit history)