Mod to prevent Zombies from running

drakrochma

Hi,

is there a Mod to prevent zombies from running?

I disabled ferals, in the server config, but anyway I have zombies with orange eyes running around and sometimes hit zombies start running.

I want zombies to be as they are "known" from older movies.

They should not run.

I tried to find a suitable mod, but so far, I found no mod doint only this.

Is there anything known like this?

4 hours ago, drakrochma said:

Hi,

is there a Mod to prevent zombies from running?

I disabled ferals, in the server config, but anyway I have zombies with orange eyes running around and sometimes hit zombies start running.

I want zombies to be as they are "known" from older movies.

They should not run.

I tried to find a suitable mod, but so far, I found no mod doint only this.

Is there anything known like this?

In the game menu when you set up the game there are 4 option set them all to walk. No mod needed

Edited by stallionsden (see edit history)

16 minutes ago, BFT2020 said:

One of the conditions OP is talking about is Rage mode.

I know khaine has done a no rage but unsure if he has a specific modlet for it.  I will get to a version eventually as the  version I originally tried didn't work and I haven't had a chance to get back to it .

6 hours ago, stallionsden said:

In the game menu when you set up the game there are 4 option set them all to walk. No mod needed

I set all 4 options to zero, so they unly should walk and never jogg or run.

Danger (normal or feral) is set to normal.

But anyway, there are still maybe 20% of the zombies with red eyes, that run and multiple zombies, that start running, once they are hit.

So far I found no further options to turn this off:(

10 minutes ago, drakrochma said:

I set all 4 options to zero, so they unly should walk and never jogg or run.

Danger (normal or feral) is set to normal.

But anyway, there are still maybe 20% of the zombies with red eyes, that run and multiple zombies, that start running, once they are hit.

So far I found no further options to turn this off:(

Yeh i set all to walk as I follow twd style.

If I get time I will do one up. But I will look to see if khaine has done one. Which I swear he has or it could be in his overhaul. 

Here is the one tho it kinda a overhaul - 

Edited by stallionsden (see edit history)

I'm working on my own server-side (XML only) version of a classic Romero-style zombie overhaul, and when I finish it I'll be posting it here on the forums. I'll try to remember this thread, but if I don't, and you see my modlet here, lmk and I'll be happy to just copy out the no-rage portion.

I actually intend to just tone the raging waaaaay down, because I like when they stumble and rush toward you unexpectedly, but it'll be more chill. If you want no rage at all it'll be simple enough to do that.

Nothing against Khaine's overhaul, I just want slightly different things. I use a few of Khaine's other mods and they are great, so it's worth checking out his Romero Mod.

Disclaimer: I have a life and ADHD so it'll be ?????? when I actually finish it

It is very easy to make. However, there are some yellow errors. 'Could not parse float'.

But it works!

https://github.com/Robeloto/7D2D_A20_Modlets/tree/master/Robeloto_Slowzombies

<configs>
<set xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class[contains(@name, 'zombie')]/property[@name='MoveSpeed']/@value">.05</set>
<set xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class[contains(@name, 'zombie')]/property[@name='MoveSpeedAggro']/@value">.08, .09</set>
<set xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class[contains(@name, 'zombie')]/property[@name='MoveSpeedRand']/@value">-.2, -.1</set>
<set xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class[contains(@name, 'zombie')]/property[@name='MoveSpeedPanic']/@value">.09, .1</set>
<set xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class[contains(@name, 'zombie')]/property[@name='SwimSpeed']/@value">.1</set>
</configs>

Edit:

Oh I think the yellow error is because the MoveSpeed only has one value and not  2 values. I thought it had both Day and Night. So if I remove one value, there should not be any more errors.

Edited by Robeloto (see edit history)