Old Hunting Rifle

Deceptive Pastry

Brings back the Pre-A20 Hunting rifle. The new weapon models are generally nice, I just really missed to old classic wooden stock rifle. This was my first time working with models in Unity, let me know if you find any issues.

- Iron sights are aligned and centered.
- Cleaned up the reload animation a bit to fit the new rifle holdtype. It's not perfect but should be decent and should scale properly with reload speed modifiers.
- Unfortunately I couldn't get the flashlight or laser sight working using the new attachment system, so it uses the old style attachments for now. Saves file size at least. Scope does use the new system and both the scope and reflex sight properly sit on a rail now instead of randomly stuck on the barrel/receiver.
- I reduced the shininess/reflectiveness of the textures slightly, as since the change to linear lighting I felt the barrel had too many weird unusually shiny spots for an old rifle found during an apocalypse.

Download and open .zip file, place "HuntingRifle_Old" folder in your 7 Days To Die/Mods folder.
https://github.com/DeceptivePastry/HuntingRifle_Old/releases/tag/1.0

Edited by Deceptive Pastry (see edit history)

5 hours ago, Deceptive Pastry said:

Brings back the Pre-A20 Hunting rifle. The new weapon models are generally nice, I just really missed to old classic wooden stock rifle. This was my first time working with models in Unity, let me know if you find any issues.

- Iron sights are aligned and centered.
- Cleaned up the reload animation a bit to fit the new rifle holdtype. It's not perfect but should be decent and should scale properly with reload speed modifiers.
- Unfortunately I couldn't get the flashlight or laser sight working using the new attachment system, so it uses the old style attachments for now. Saves file size at least. Scope does use the new system and both the scope and reflex sight properly sit on a rail now instead of randomly stuck on the barrel/receiver.
- I reduced the shininess/reflectiveness of the textures slightly, as since the change to linear lighting I felt the barrel had too many weird unusually shiny spots for an old rifle found during an apocalypse.

Download and open .zip file, place "HuntingRifle_Old" folder in your 7 Days To Die/Mods folder.
https://github.com/DeceptivePastry/HuntingRifle_Old/releases/tag/1.0

Hi Deceptive Pastry

Thank you very much for the mod, I'll take a look at it.
The hard work it took you to finish it is appreciated and apart from not knowing anything about unity, it is twice the effort, twice thanks.
Regards

Echoing Gouki, as I couldn't find better words, DP:

The hard work it took you to finish it is appreciated and apart from not knowing anything about unity, it is twice the effort, twice thanks.
Thank you very much for the mod, I've installed it, have my coffee here, and am getting ready to rumble with your museum piece!

Have a happy, prosperous and successful New Year!

👍

1 hour ago, ShowerHour said:

Thanks a ton for this. Was hoping someone would get to doing this with some of the weapons at some point. ALL of the new weapons are annoying to look at, IMO... I can't stand the front sights on any of them!!! Again, thanks for this.

I like them for the most part and it seems like they have someone who is better at animating weapons now. But yea the iron sights annoy me too. If the game were finished I would probably go through all of them and shrink the front sights and align them with the rear sights as they should be, but given how much this game is in a state of flux I think it would be a waste of time to do it now. And I'd actually have to modify and repack all the meshes too, which could be a bit of a pain as sometimes when you re-import prefabs the models would have to be re-rigged to the bones.

Edited by Deceptive Pastry (see edit history)

Hey I love this mod but for some reason when I try to play this mod with a friend things kind of break for me. When my friend spawns in the game they die and then they try to respawn and then they die again. I don't know what's causing it. It only happens when I play with another person. It's a awesome mod. Would love to see more mods like these.

On 1/2/2022 at 2:13 AM, LastTugBoat243 said:

Hey I love this mod but for some reason when I try to play this mod with a friend things kind of break for me. When my friend spawns in the game they die and then they try to respawn and then they die again. I don't know what's causing it. It only happens when I play with another person. It's a awesome mod. Would love to see more mods like these.

I don't see how anything in this mod would cause that. It barely even touches the config .xmls. Are you sure it isn't another mod? Try uninstalling all mods then load in with your friend and see if it still happens. If not, install only the hunting rifle then try again.

Unless this is the only mod you have, I'm more willing to bet you have another mod causing it and you'll have to go through by process of elimination to figure out which one it is.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...