Monsters spawning on top of me

avad

with the new patch that rolled out tonight i started a new game just for fun and on day 5 in entered a "tool shop". im not sure which file- oder model-name that exact building has but for clarification i added a screenshot below from which it could identified.

anyway here is what happend:

i went into it and fought a few zombies. (this building has a semi second-level just for zombies to break the ceiling an fall down it seems). i then piled up 3 building blocks to nerdpole up and check out that place out of curiosity. in front of me was a chest and i spend around 30 seconds to lockpick it, plundered it and then opened mit inventory and started to disassemble items from my bag. the reason i tell all this is because i spend like a minute or two standing still and not moving, just beeing occupied with lockpicking that chest and the clean up my inventory when all of a sudden 3 zombies spawned 1 block in front of me while i was locking in that direction out of nowhere. one was sitting (supposed to be a sleeper i guess but woke up in a instant and 2 battleready ones hitting on me. it seems that is a bug and not intentional or did this happen to someone else aswell?

screenshots of where that happend

https://i.imgur.com/63feiCo.jpg

screenshot of the building to identify

https://i.imgur.com/M8NJXMS.jpg

15 minutes ago, avad said:

with the new patch that rolled out tonight i started a new game just for fun and on day 5 in entered a "tool shop". im not sure which file- oder model-name that exact building has but for clarification i added a screenshot below from which it could identified.

anyway here is what happend:

i went into it and fought a few zombies. (this building has a semi second-level just for zombies to break the ceiling an fall down it seems). i then piled up 3 building blocks to nerdpole up and check out that place out of curiosity. in front of me was a chest and i spend around 30 seconds to lockpick it, plundered it and then opened mit inventory and started to disassemble items from my bag. the reason i tell all this is because i spend like a minute or two standing still and not moving, just beeing occupied with lockpicking that chest and the clean up my inventory when all of a sudden 3 zombies spawned 1 block in front of me while i was locking in that direction out of nowhere. one was sitting (supposed to be a sleeper i guess but woke up in a instant and 2 battleready ones hitting on me. it seems that is a bug and not intentional or did this happen to someone else aswell?

screenshots of where that happend

https://i.imgur.com/63feiCo.jpg

screenshot of the building to identify

https://i.imgur.com/M8NJXMS.jpg

also as for reporting which pois you are in for future.. just hit F11 to take a DBS (debug screen shot) which will have the seed name of map, name of the poi you are in/on when taking the pic and coords.

that would have been store_hardware_02.
from your description, you nerd poled up to a surprise of 4 sleepers that spawned on you. :)

A20.0_2021-12-17_23-45-01.jpg

Edited by unholyjoe (see edit history)

yes it is store_hardware_02. on PREGEN6k, seed xmas, coordinates 583 49 -1273

the thing i found odd is that i had that area in clear view and all 3 of them spawned at once 1 block in front of me instantly starting to melee. i thougt maybe a trigger is wrong or the game handles an "open inventory" (which is semi-transparent) as a situation where i cannot see infront of me and therefore (wrongfully?) spawns them. i have never noticed enemies spawning basically on top of me. 

Edited by avad
clarification (see edit history)

6 hours ago, unholyjoe said:

also as for reporting which pois you are in for future.. just hit F11 to take a DBS (debug screen shot) which will have the seed name of map, name of the poi you are in/on when taking the pic and coords.

that would have been store_hardware_02.
from your description, you nerd poled up to a surprise of 4 sleepers that spawned on you. :)

A20.0_2021-12-17_23-45-01.jpg

So you are saying Z´s spawning right in front of you out of thin air is intended? Nahh. Please don´t do that.

1 hour ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

So you are saying Z´s spawning right in front of you out of thin air is intended? Nahh. Please don´t do that.

nope i DID NOT say that (you said it). i said "from your description, you nerd poled up to a surprise of 4 sleepers that spawned on you."

he clearly stated he was busy cleaning his inventory, the volume he was in has or is triggered from other places as well note the group id 3.. which means he triggered it from elsewhere or when he entered it, it also triggered another id 3 volume and they showed up and being occupied in your inventory will certainly cause you to not see everything around you.

it is a shady issue when it involves sleepers and one argument i will not get into. its an on going process to balance this situation. i feel people will always find pluses and minuses  about it regardless.

@unholyjoe They spawned within 1m of him. That shouldn´t happen under any circumstances. Read the first post again. He didn´t wake them up and they came towards him. He saw them spawning right in front of him, that´s a no go tbh and has nothing to do with the sleeper mechanics beeing a good idea or not.

I really hope that´s a bug.

Edited by pApA^LeGBa (see edit history)

that is correct. i went into the room below. noticed a hole in the ceiling. stacked 3 woodblocks to jump up. started to lock-pick the chest. looted it. opened my inventory and startet to disassemble items i dont need. (maybe also other stuff like eating an drinking but im not sure about that - in case that has a effect on spawning monster). while doing that through the transparent inventory-screen i watched the 3 Zs appear in front of me and start hitting me. could not even hit the escape key and start machinegunning before they started to do damage on me :)

1 hour ago, avad said:

that is correct. i went into the room below. noticed a hole in the ceiling. stacked 3 woodblocks to jump up. started to lock-pick the chest. looted it. opened my inventory and startet to disassemble items i dont need. (maybe also other stuff like eating an drinking but im not sure about that - in case that has a effect on spawning monster). while doing that through the transparent inventory-screen i watched the 3 Zs appear in front of me and start hitting me. could not even hit the escape key and start machinegunning before they started to do damage on me :)

i have submitted a report on this poi as i found other issues there as well.

Thanks  :)
QA Tester-unholyjoe

6 hours ago, warmer said:

I had a wolf spawn on top of my while I was up on a large rock you could hardly climb on. "Thought" I was safe...

and how much do you get paid for "thoughting"? umhuh....

the animals want equal rights and dont want to play second fiddle to the zombies. im just glad we dont have @%$#ed off chickens, rabbits and deer.. :)