FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.......

ASSedOutnTN

Why has the game crash, character comes back at level 1 but with everything else?........this is ridiculas, i love this game, but they just totally forget about server development for this game but code it for multiplayer, its ludicris at best. Come on fun pimp, WHY CANT I SAVE AT PERIODIC TIMES VIA GAME OR MANUALLY? WHY? Dont know how to code it, ask somebody, its frustrating

5 hours ago, ASSedOutnTN said:

WHY CANT I SAVE AT PERIODIC TIMES VIA GAME OR MANUALLY? WHY? Dont know how to code it, ask somebody, its frustrating

Have you tried typing "saveworld" into the console? 

Alternatively, you can manually copy your saved world folders, and copy them back in if your files corrupt or you really get yourself stuck.

If you don't know how to, ask somebody.

Seriously though, one of the ways they create tension in this game is by not making it easy to save and restore.  It's possible though, for those who really want to.

13 minutes ago, Pernicious said:

Seriously though, one of the ways they create tension in this game is by not making it easy to save and restore.  It's possible though, for those who really want to.

That´s not a feature there. Powerouts and bugs, let you loose everything easily. They could at least implement 2 save games so that you have at least an earlier one as a backup.

5 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

That´s not a feature there. Powerouts and bugs, let you loose everything easily. They could at least implement 2 save games so that you have at least an earlier one as a backup.

Backup your gamesave after every session. It's not hard. I keep my save in a desktop folder. it has the current save a backup and a deep backup so I have the last 3 sessions saved. I exit the game, copy backup into deep backup and then copy current into backup. It takes about 30 seconds.

I run a few servers for friends and friends of my kids. I just schedule a snapshot every Sunday morning, after when most people are playing. Had a few unexpected power outs ranging from storms to kids/wife saying "Ooops, I thought that power socket was free".

I've never had any corruption issues, but as a server, I don't turn on write caching. I'm guessing on PCs, many people see "Improve system performance.. blah blah blah <ignore the rest of the text>, <click>".

image.png.93af36dc7f094b1e4de17a43e3693300.png

(Ignore the highlighted bit - I just stole that screenshot as it was faster than looking for where to turn it on/off on the PC).

But yes, a secondary save world wouldn't take that much disk space, wouldn't be hard to implement, and would be a nice feature to have for what seems to be a pretty rare but real problem. Maybe ask for it in the pimp dreams section?

Edited by Pernicious (see edit history)