JaxTeller718 Presents The Vanilla Project (A20)

JaxTeller718

I'm not sure I've never edited region files before.

I don't know if this is the just me but when I eat or drink anything that changes my wellness for some reason my max health drops by half and then goes back up. But then I have to heal because my normal health doesn't go up as well. This just started happening not sure what's causing it.

image_2022-01-02_154157.png

23 hours ago, LastTugBoat243 said:

I don't know if this is the just me but when I eat or drink anything that changes my wellness for some reason my max health drops by half and then goes back up. But then I have to heal because my normal health doesn't go up as well. This just started happening not sure what's causing it.

image_2022-01-02_154157.png

Hello man,  for what are those laser??

6 hours ago, braniel said:

Hello man,  for what are those laser??

In the picture I was drinking a drink that was supposed to increase my wellness. Instead it cut my max health in half for a second before reverting back to normal it did bring me down to half health though and my Junk drone healed me. those are the lasers you are seeing.

On 1/2/2022 at 3:39 PM, LastTugBoat243 said:

Same for me, eating drops Health ALOT

On 12/18/2021 at 12:10 PM, JaxTeller718 said:

Yes the locks staying there but being green is normal. As long as it is green it is unlocked just not purchased, which is confusing anyway. That s why I removed the ability to buy them because if you have green locks to level 21 then buy the next one I THINK (do not quote me on that lol) it will unlock the first padlock you don't have open so its a waste of points.

This is from JaxTeller

Going to be looking into this, might be a limitation of using cvars for wellness. Ideally i'd like to convert it to c# which should solve the problem.

Unfortunately I am going to remove wellness for now until it is fixed. The good news is that theres a lot to this next udpate to warrant a new game!

You will want to make a brand new download as some folder structures have changed now with the use of BepinEx, thanks to Yakov and Redbeards work on RH.

Here are the notes!

v1.8

-Updated Hud

-Fixed Localization on Armor Mods

-Added Old Menu Music (Will play after 5 seconds due to Pimps not allowing the logo screen to be edited)

-Added Hornet from Khaines Modlet which can be found here https://community.7daystodie.com/topic/25751-khaines-a20-modlets-bigger-backpacks-lockable-slots-behemoths-random-wandering-hordes-etc/

-Fixed Zombies Not Running

-Updated ModInfo

-Added Wolf and Snake Meat along with charred and grilled recipes

-Rebalanced Zombie Loot. Now there is a chance of 0 loot in a zombie while looting them.

-Added Spheres New Cave System and Updated Spherecore. New maps reuired for new caves

-Updated Goukis Building

-Updated Spherecore

-Added Opening Logos and BepinEx

-Added Steel Bars and Wood Bars

-Added Window Recipes

-Added Wood Log Spikes and Spikes

-Changed Color and Wording of Iron Hoe

-Removed Wellness

Edited by JaxTeller718 (see edit history)

26 minutes ago, JaxTeller718 said:

Unfortunately I am going to remove wellness for now until it is fixed. The good news is that theres a lot to this next udpate to warrant a new game!

You will want to make a brand new download as some folder structures have changed now with the use of BepinEx, thanks to Yakov and Redbeards work on RH.

Here are the notes!

v1.8

-Updated Hud

-Added Old Menu Music (Will play after 5 seconds due to Pimps not allowing the logo screen to be edited)

-Added Hornet from Khaines Modlet which can be found here https://community.7daystodie.com/topic/25751-khaines-a20-modlets-bigger-backpacks-lockable-slots-behemoths-random-wandering-hordes-etc/

-Updated ModInfo

-Rebalanced Zombie Loot. Now there is a chance of 0 loot in a zombie while looting them.

-Added Spheres New Cave System and Updated Spherecore. New maps reuired for new caves

-Updated Goukis Building

-Updated Spherecore

-Added Window Recipes

-Removed Wellness

I'm so exited this is going to be soo much fun.

On 1/13/2022 at 1:00 AM, JaxTeller718 said:

Here are the notes!

v1.8

-Updated Hud

-Updated ModInfo

-Updated Goukis Building

-Updated Spherecore

-Added Window Recipes

-Removed Wellness

This is awesome! Thanks a ton!

Quick suggestion, could you add in the ambient day and night sounds from alpha 11.6 and such and even restore the earlier alpha's sound cues like the wolves howling and such? Hearing this stuff always sent me shivers but made me sad when they removed it. 

Edited by Loucetios (see edit history)

6 hours ago, LastTugBoat243 said:

There was also a lot of creepy ambience in the game that was removed.

Hearing all that again makes me really miss the older alphas. Im going to look into this and try. Last I tried this it was only possible via altering the assembly which they look down on now. 

Man that video brings back memories

Have you seen this mod? I actually stumbled a crossed this mod before The Vanilla Project was created. But it features some of the same idea's as this one if you wanted to check it out. The Hud in the mod and crafting menus look really cool because they were actually pulled straight outta alpha 11 of the game. Imagine if this mod had that. I'd probably pass out.

Mod Link --> https://7daystodiemods.com/classic-style-hardcore-mod/

Edited by LastTugBoat243 (see edit history)

So I've discovered a few new things.

The tree below and similar dead trees drops terrain debris for wood, which reverts into 4 planks instead of wood logs.

spacer.png

Upon upgrading wood log spike from 1st Frame Tier requires the default wood instead of planks

Trader's heads will no longer turn (idk if implied or not, but I noticed their heads do not follow the player anymore)

Scrapping Old Chairs (and probably similar wooden ones) gives default wood instead of planks.

I will of course update this post with new bugs or discovered things to help surface and fix problems until updated.

Unpausing or pressing Esc out of the player menu or entering a Trader's inventory causes a lag spike (might just be me).

Traders could sell primitive ammunition alongside their pipe weapons they sell by default (to help fill in the ammunition counterpart role)

Dire Wolves, Coyotes, and Regular Wolves drop Pork (up to date) in quantity of 7 - 9 while Boars (pork-wise) drop 4 pieces.

Edited by Loucetios (see edit history)

55 minutes ago, Loucetios said:

So I've discovered a few new things.

The tree below drops terrain debris for wood, which reverts into 4 planks instead of wood logs.

I will of course update this post with new bugs or discovered things to help surface and fix problems until updated.

Have you tried breaking down wood debris with an ax or something? The drops for it are kinda broken.

42 minutes ago, LastTugBoat243 said:

Have you tried breaking down wood debris with an ax or something? The drops for it are kinda broken.

That's what I use. The problem is, the trees aren't dropping the logs to make the modded wood, making it wasteful.

Should also be noted, all trees drop the same amount of wood logs (if applicable) no matter the tier, grown or natural. Would be nice to have them smaller amounts for lesser tiers. Capping at 5 seems fair enough since you can get easy amounts of stacks from just a few.