Water Glitch?

Missyism

Hey!  I don't know if this is the right place but I've found a bug with the water gen.  It seems little lakes are spawning with cotton or crys plants or both growing in them creating a bunch of holes and if you harvest them they create more holes.  I have never seen lakes spawn with the plants growing in them so I am sure that this is not intended.  By the way..... Loving A20 so far, amazing work pimps.  Keep it up and Happy Holidays to all of you!  Thank you for working so hard ❤️ spacer.png

13 minutes ago, LittleMonstersTV said:

I honestly wouldn't bring up any issues with the water as it needs a complete overhaul.  A21 should hopefully contain that update.

Well this is more of a problem with where the plants are growing not necessarily with the water.  Plants have never spawned in water before so I thought they may want to know about it.  But thanks for your opinion :)

3 hours ago, GreenGril76 said:

That's actually funny, since A20 was supposed to have a better system in creating random maps. 

If you take out the cotton plants, that should even out the water.

It created the maps and the river layout almost perfectly, it hasn't overhauled water at all which was not a benefit of A20. It'll get overhauled in A21 per the roadmap.

Edit: By almost perfectly, we have cotton and plants that don't belong where some of them are.

Edited by Darklegend222 (see edit history)

15 hours ago, Missyism said:

Hey!  I don't know if this is the right place but I've found a bug with the water gen.  It seems little lakes are spawning with cotton or crys plants or both growing in them creating a bunch of holes and if you harvest them they create more holes.  I have never seen lakes spawn with the plants growing in them so I am sure that this is not intended.  By the way..... Loving A20 so far, amazing work pimps.  Keep it up and Happy Holidays to all of you!  Thank you for working so hard ❤️ spacer.png

hi Missyism,
if you still have that map can you please go there again and take an "F11" screen shot and supply it here? that will give me the seed and coords so i can verify it.

the whole problem is not the water but possibly an RWG issue during generation.

also, hopefully water fixes should be a21.

Thanks  :)
QA Tester-unholyjoe

Edited by unholyjoe (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/10/2021 at 9:41 AM, unholyjoe said:

hi Missyism,
if you still have that map can you please go there again and take an "F11" screen shot and supply it here? that will give me the seed and coords so i can verify it.

the whole problem is not the water but possibly an RWG issue during generation.

also, hopefully water fixes should be a21.

Thanks  :)
QA Tester-unholyjoe

Unfortunately I've reset since then but I have found another lake with the same issue so I will get a screen shot tonight and repost it here for you!

The person who created the post might not be able to provide a screenshot but i can me and my girlfriend updated the game trough steam from Alpha 19.6 to Alpha 20 just to make sure nothing went wrong we both uninstalled the game removed every trace of it and downloaded the game from scratch then when we made a new save from her computer we encountered the problem all over the map. The picture is in the link

https://imgur.com/a/5LXTuevspacer.pngspacer.png

Edited by Nexushunter
2 pictures should be enough i hope (see edit history)

13 minutes ago, Nexushunter said:

The person who created the post might not be able to provide a screenshot but i can me and my girlfriend updated the game trough steam from Alpha 19.6 to Alpha 20 just to make sure nothing went wrong we both uninstalled the game removed every trace of it and downloaded the game from scratch then when we made a new save from her computer we encountered the problem all over the map. The picture is in the link

https://imgur.com/a/5LXTuev

that looks like the trader from the combo pack from a19. you should probably remove that stuff from the pc since its not updated to a20 yet, i dont think.

4 minutes ago, DEATH MECHANIC said:

that looks like the trader from the combo pack from a19. you should probably remove that stuff from the pc since its not updated to a20 yet, i dont think.

We're not using any mods or modpacks this happened in vanilla. I play modded and they did update to a20 as well and when i generate a map in either vanilla or modded the same thing happens

Water is BRoKen as eFFFFF. It has been for as long as I've been playing (like, alpha 14) and I don't ever see it being really "fixed", after all its water, being a material, a block, an item and a  terrain feature is always gonna be a pain in the a$$ to work with 'cause its never been worked on, like ever. I've never heard the Pimps make a big announcement about ever fixing water... more quests, sure... Fallout guns, sure... loads of tier 3 and 4 properties to loot (or die in) hell yes, we got that for ya too... BUT FiXed Water >>>> are you outta yer mind. They're not fixing anything... they're are just adding to the multitude of already existing problems. Its great that we have new fandango distant meshes... if it actually worked properly would be even better. Don't get me wrong, I love this game, to the point of being rather unsettling and oddly weird... but I have yet to play this new alpha, 'cause after what I've seen these last 2 weeks from streamers and zombie passionate gamers the world over, this game is a tragic mess that has lost it's bearings and flounders in a sea of thick "what-now?" fog. If the evil clouds that obscure the devs eyes and hearts don't clear soon we will have another borderlands/COD/emmo-arena mash-up that plays (and smells... pew) like all the other turds on the steam market. "Look Maw... I made a game, We's gonna be rich."... Gawd help us all if this is where we finish.

18 hours ago, bigstep70 said:

Water is BRoKen as eFFFFF. It has been for as long as I've been playing (like, alpha 14) and I don't ever see it being really "fixed", after all its water, being a material, a block, an item and a  terrain feature is always gonna be a pain in the a$$ to work with 'cause its never been worked on, like ever. I've never heard the Pimps make a big announcement about ever fixing water... more quests, sure... Fallout guns, sure... loads of tier 3 and 4 properties to loot (or die in) hell yes, we got that for ya too... BUT FiXed Water >>>> are you outta yer mind. They're not fixing anything... they're are just adding to the multitude of already existing problems. Its great that we have new fandango distant meshes... if it actually worked properly would be even better. Don't get me wrong, I love this game, to the point of being rather unsettling and oddly weird... but I have yet to play this new alpha, 'cause after what I've seen these last 2 weeks from streamers and zombie passionate gamers the world over, this game is a tragic mess that has lost it's bearings and flounders in a sea of thick "what-now?" fog. If the evil clouds that obscure the devs eyes and hearts don't clear soon we will have another borderlands/COD/emmo-arena mash-up that plays (and smells... pew) like all the other turds on the steam market. "Look Maw... I made a game, We's gonna be rich."... Gawd help us all if this is where we finish.

If you go to the first page of A20 Diary, it literally says water will be worked on in A21. They had initially said that they wanted to fix it in A20 but, since it will take a lot of work, they pushed it to A21. You should read the deveopment diary if you want to hear what the developers are doing or what their plans are rather than spewing nonsense.

19 hours ago, Nexushunter said:

https://imgur.com/a/5LXTuevspacer.pngspacer.png

That is caused by not all of your A19 files being deleted…..been posted about many times and in each case a correct cleaning and reinstall fixed this. You should bring up the game launcher, click on Tools tab, check everything then hit clean. Uninstall the game. Delete 7 Days and The Fun Pimps folders from steam apps->common and app data->roaming(or local, I forget) if present. If you had a mods folder it must be deleted. To be extra sure, pull up Regedit and search for any reference to 7Days and The Fun Pimps and delete. Before reinstalling, be sure that none is selected under betas tab then reinstall. If you do this and you generate that same map seed and your map still looks like that, then it is indeed a bugged rwg and should be reported in the Bug Report section so they can fix it.