Sam's Storage Stuff - A20, Server-Side

saminal

4 minutes ago, mr.devolver said:

I mean, I know there are some benefits

Okay, so red tea has a buff (efficient digestion) that causes you to lose less food from activities for a little while after you drink it. We all know that goldenrod keeps you from pooping to death. But both of them also give you more hydration than plain water. Plus if you're in the forest, chrysanthemum and goldenrod are everywhere.

Also, with the coffee maker, it's even better because it doesn't burn fuel and it turns itself off when it's done so you can just start up a batch of teas and go about your business.

I feel like a teavangelist, but seriously, teas are good for you. LOL

@saminal Apologies for turning your thread into a "kitchen management in the wasteland" discussion. LOL I'm gonna go start up the game now and go hunt down some leather so I can make nails and finally make some of your fantastic storage solutions and get my coffee maker off the floor and up onto an actual countertop. :D 

7 minutes ago, Mahnogard said:

Okay, so red tea has a buff (efficient digestion) that causes you to lose less food from activities for a little while after you drink it. We all know that goldenrod keeps you from pooping to death. But both of them also give you more hydration than plain water. Plus if you're in the forest, chrysanthemum and goldenrod are everywhere.

Also, with the coffee maker, it's even better because it doesn't burn fuel and it turns itself off when it's done so you can just start up a batch of teas and go about your business.

I feel like a teavangelist, but seriously, teas are good for you. LOL

@saminal Apologies for turning your thread into a "kitchen management in the wasteland" discussion. LOL I'm gonna go start up the game now and go hunt down some leather so I can make nails and finally make some of your fantastic storage solutions and get my coffee maker off the floor and up onto an actual countertop. :D 

Oh, I was wondering what exactly that effect does (efficient digestion) in the game, that's good to know, thank you! :) Since I'm always running out of stamina, I guess I need to start making tons of jars of red tea and that coffee maker will surely help with that lol. Have fun in the game and good luck hunting for leather! :D

Edited by mr.devolver (see edit history)

14 minutes ago, krosbonez said:

Sorry for the noob question, but how do you unlock these? I see them in the menu but don't know how to unlock them.

None of them should be locked. Are you using any other mods along with this one?

Some of these recipes need to be made at a workbench, perhaps that's why they seem locked?

10 minutes ago, MajorOutage said:

The stoves are. Level 2 Master Chef is required for the grills, level 3 for the oven, if I'm reading this right.

Those are in Working Stuff, but this is the Storage Stuff thread. But yeah, Working Stuff is locked; MasterChef or schematic for Ovens, Advanced Engineering or 'Basics of Electricity' schematic for Lights, Advanced Engineering or schematic for Faucets.

Thx for the Lockers!
On the Ammo ones, I was talking about those Ammo display cases there are 4 different ones in game with 12 slots each, so they really aren't necessary, since there isn't a whole lot of ammo types. Unless you're using mods to add more ammo types. But what id really love to see are the Shoe and Clothes racks and the Rolling Toolbox. Especially the Tool box one.

2 hours ago, Masonic said:

Thx for the Lockers!
On the Ammo ones, I was talking about those Ammo display cases there are 4 different ones in game with 12 slots each, so they really aren't necessary, since there isn't a whole lot of ammo types. Unless you're using mods to add more ammo types. But what id really love to see are the Shoe and Clothes racks and the Rolling Toolbox. Especially the Tool box one.

Can you screenshot the ammo cases you mean? Do you mean the piles?

I'll have a look at adding the toolboxes when I can next sit down at my computer; Christmas has been hectic so far!

On 12/25/2021 at 3:46 PM, saminal said:

None of them should be locked. Are you using any other mods along with this one?

Some of these recipes need to be made at a workbench, perhaps that's why they seem locked?

Thanks for the reply. I am only using the S Storage and S Working mods. I am trying to figure out how to unlock the fridge (storage), Weapons rack, dresser...and the such. I have maxed leveled Engineering, Master Chef, Farming....can't figure out what else needs to be maxed to unlock those storage items. I am trying to use the work bench but they still show locked. I am sure I must be missing something easy and just don't know.

33 minutes ago, krosbonez said:

Thanks for the reply. I am only using the S Storage and S Working mods. I am trying to figure out how to unlock the fridge (storage), Weapons rack, dresser...and the such. I have maxed leveled Engineering, Master Chef, Farming....can't figure out what else needs to be maxed to unlock those storage items. I am trying to use the work bench but they still show locked. I am sure I must be missing something easy and just don't know.

They should not be locked. Can you post a screenshot?

I just realized I never came back to post the end result. I posted  the pic in JaxTeller's thread for the appliances but forgot to come back here! Here is my finished kitchen, with Sam's cabinets and fridge to ensure that I can store all the things and live a nice organized life. 

20211225193623_1.jpg

Edited by Mahnogard
a word (see edit history)

Sam - you are absolutely DA MAN!!

I'm ok at most mods, but I had almost despaired over "how to" get back the 72-slot paint-able crate from A19.  I just don't 'have it' anymore!  .. but you do Sam, so - Many, Many "Thank you's" for this mod. It has to rank right up as one of the top mods yet!

@Mahnogard  Nice kitchen! So "organized"   Hmmphh!   Makes mine looks like a typical man-cave. . . . (sigh)   🤒

Have a Happy (and prosperous 🤑 ) New Year everyone!  (especially Sammy!)
👍

A20.0_2021-12-29_13-04-18.jpg

Edited by paulj_3 (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Mahnogard said:

I just realized I never came back to post the end result. I posted  the pic in JaxTeller's thread for the appliances but forgot to come back here! Here is my finished kitchen, with Sam's cabinets and fridge to ensure that I can store all the things and live a nice organized life. 

20211225193623_1.jpg

How cool! My base will never look so pretty like that. I started building a base from scratch, so I guess lots of pretty things are simply out of my reach now, but this screenshot clearly shows the end result of taking the harder path by using an existing house is worth the extra effort. And it really is harder to take over an existing building, because you have to destroy and repair a lot of stuff which takes a long time in early game without proper skills and tools, whereas when you're building something from scratch, you're just mostly adding new things, granted you have enough building materials. Then again, custom built bases can't be so pretty as they miss a lot of details.

2 minutes ago, mr.devolver said:

How cool! My base will never look so pretty like that. I started building a base from scratch, so I guess lots of pretty things are simply out of my reach now, but this screenshot clearly shows the end result of taking the harder path by using an existing house is worth the extra effort. And it really is harder to take over an existing building, because you have to destroy and repair a lot of stuff which takes a long time in early game without proper skills and tools, whereas when you're building something from scratch, you're just mostly adding new things, granted you have enough building materials. Then again, custom built bases can't be so pretty as they miss a lot of details.

Thanks! To be fair, this is the cabin at bombshelter_md_01 and it's just one room that's already in pretty good shape. The only difference with A20 is that it now has a few zombo occupants whereas it was empty before. I use plates to make a loft in about 2/3 of the ceiling area (you can see the trellis that can be climbed to get up there) and the house itself only needs a few blocks repaired on the roof, plus the new back door. I only upgrade the house to cobblestone, because there's a wall around the property that's concrete with iron bars. If they breach that, I'm toast anyway. LOL That half-wall behind the sink / coffee maker is constructed from Sam's bookcases. 

On the new save I started last night, I'm going to build from scratch. I've played enough of A20 now that I think I can make the most of the new trim blocks and such, and working on that cabin for the millionth time (I love that POI) helped me "practice" a bit. 

90% of pretty is paint, and paint is SUPER cheap and easy to make from Day 1 these days. Back in the day of having to use the chem bench, oil, etc, I always freaked out about wasting any paint but now I just hit the campfire and make like 1000 and go nuts. I love paint. I do wish there were more "cleaner" paint textures available but I make it work. 

Building in this game is what I do. I love it. I use modded 3-hour days and I spend my morning looting / visiting the trader, and my evening working on my home. It's probably no surprise that most of my other favorite games are those with building: Ark, Conan, No Man's Sky... I love creating homes. :D The main difference for me with converting a POI vs building from scratch is that if I start with an empty lot, I also start with blood moon turned off because I don't know how long it will take for me to figure out what I want to build and I don't like to be rushed.. LOL I know I could hole up in a POI for the first couple of hordes but I don't really like doing that. Sometimes I just leave it off, sometimes I turn it on after I get started. I love how the game gives me all these options for playing the way I want to. 

2 hours ago, paulj_3 said:

@Mahnogard  Nice kitchen! So "organized"   Hmmphh!   Makes mine looks like a typical man-cave. . . . (sigh)   🤒

:D Ain't nothin' wrong with man caves! I had that beer sign in the kitchen before I replaced it with the clock. I meant to then put it by the fridge but never got around to it. 

4 minutes ago, Mahnogard said:

Thanks! To be fair, this is the cabin at bombshelter_md_01 and it's just one room that's already in pretty good shape. The only difference with A20 is that it now has a few zombo occupants whereas it was empty before. I use plates to make a loft in about 2/3 of the ceiling area (you can see the trellis that can be climbed to get up there) and the house itself only needs a few blocks repaired on the roof, plus the new back door. I only upgrade the house to cobblestone, because there's a wall around the property that's concrete with iron bars. If they breach that, I'm toast anyway. LOL That half-wall behind the sink / coffee maker is constructed from Sam's bookcases. 

On the new save I started last night, I'm going to build from scratch. I've played enough of A20 now that I think I can make the most of the new trim blocks and such, and working on that cabin for the millionth time (I love that POI) helped me "practice" a bit. 

90% of pretty is paint, and paint is SUPER cheap and easy to make from Day 1 these days. Back in the day of having to use the chem bench, oil, etc, I always freaked out about wasting any paint but now I just hit the campfire and make like 1000 and go nuts. I love paint. I do wish there were more "cleaner" paint textures available but I make it work. 

Building in this game is what I do. I love it. I use modded 3-hour days and I spend my morning looting / visiting the trader, and my evening working on my home. It's probably no surprise that most of my other favorite games are those with building: Ark, Conan, No Man's Sky... I love creating homes. :D The main difference for me with converting a POI vs building from scratch is that if I start with an empty lot, I also start with blood moon turned off because I don't know how long it will take for me to figure out what I want to build and I don't like to be rushed.. LOL I know I could hole up in a POI for the first couple of hordes but I don't really like doing that. Sometimes I just leave it off, sometimes I turn it on after I get started. I love how the game gives me all these options for playing the way I want to. 

Well, I'm not much of a builder myself, I just build simple 9x9 rooms inspired by Madmole's old A19 video lol, once I get enough materials, I just add more 9x9 rooms to extend the base in different directions. :D As for the horde nights, in my current gameplay I decided to switch to 14 days instead of 7 days. It helps a lot, gives you more than enough time not only to create a solid base, but also to level up enough to handle the horde easily, but somehow I still avoid spending horde nights at my base. I shared the story of how I spent my first horde night in my current gameplay here. But truth be told, if it wasn't for that little delay in the city, I would leave the base for the night anyway, just to avoid it taking any damage that would cost me more resources. The first hordes usually aren't that bad, so you don't even need a base to protect you for the most part. Well, usually... :D

2 minutes ago, mr.devolver said:

But truth be told, if it wasn't for that little delay in the city, I would leave the base for the night anyway, just to avoid it taking any damage that would cost me more resources.

If there's anything I learned from my chaotic 20s back in the day, it's this: If you know the people comin' to the party can't behave themselves, you have the party at someone else's house. :D

4 minutes ago, Mahnogard said:

If there's anything I learned from my chaotic 20s back in the day, it's this: If you know the people comin' to the party can't behave themselves, you have the party at someone else's house. :D

Haha, yeah, zombies party hard lol. Sometimes they are too needy and I have to troll them by hitting them with a steel axe and quickly closing the door on them just when they are about to hit back, so they always hit the closed door instead, that's too funny. :D

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I really like the storage options. I missed the old fridge and storage from previous versions. I also like a lot of the tings from War of The Walkers, so I decided to install it and play again. But it was missing some storage options I liked so I installed this excellent mod. Unfortunately it broke all the WotW storage. Not ether mods fault I am sure, but would it be possible to make a patch or a WotW compatible version. (also uninstalling the mod does not fix WotW, and I am not sure what caused it, so no idea how to fix it)

It does recognize the old storage containers, but when I go to open them it just stops the game and doesn't bring up the inventory UI, just blank, until you hit Esc to 'close' the container. When I build new WotW containers it doesn't acknowledge that they are containers at all. 

• 1 month later...
On 12/3/2022 at 5:19 PM, Zoothulu said:

I really like the storage options. I missed the old fridge and storage from previous versions. I also like a lot of the tings from War of The Walkers, so I decided to install it and play again. But it was missing some storage options I liked so I installed this excellent mod. Unfortunately it broke all the WotW storage. Not ether mods fault I am sure, but would it be possible to make a patch or a WotW compatible version. (also uninstalling the mod does not fix WotW, and I am not sure what caused it, so no idea how to fix it)

It does recognize the old storage containers, but when I go to open them it just stops the game and doesn't bring up the inventory UI, just blank, until you hit Esc to 'close' the container. When I build new WotW containers it doesn't acknowledge that they are containers at all. 

I second this, it breaks WotW for some reason.