Rivers: Few

Craters: Default

Cracks: None

Lakes: Many

Plains: 7

Hills: 5

Mountains: 4

Random: 0

Balanced seed with major cities in every biome.

Note: Did not look at number of traders or at the POI's themselves, so that's for you to discover.

Note: Might be in the wrong orientation. I wish a compass of sorts existed in the world previewer. 😛

Edited by MechanicalLens (see edit history)

23 hours ago, jetZeds said:

image.thumb.png.0037acd354a8a0c1be9d90b10d0e56f8.png

For those who wish to play in the Wasteland

Can't generate in b231. I really want to play this map, but i tryed 4 times to generate it and all i got is this: spacer.png

Maybe there is some space in World Seed or i don't know what... It just completely different.

17 minutes ago, Himitsu said:

Can't generate in b231. I really want to play this map, but i tryed 4 times to generate it and all i got is this: spacer.png

Maybe there is some space in World Seed or i don't know what... It just completely different.

Changes by the Fun Pimps to the mixer invalidates all seeds.   This post is now useless until people create some new seeds.    Honestly, don't get super invested in any seeds until experimental is over since it's possible(and perhaps likely) the mixer will change 1,2 perhaps more times before stable.

1 minute ago, JoeDaFrogman said:

Changes by the Fun Pimps to the mixer invalidates all seeds.   This post is now useless until people create some new seeds.    Honestly, don't get super invested in any seeds until experimental is over since it's possible(and perhaps likely) the mixer will change 1,2 perhaps more times before stable.

agreed.  One of the things they added was a new POI and fixed other POI issues to cities which would change how things are generated 

1 minute ago, jetZeds said:

agreed.  One of the things they added was a new POI and fixed other POI issues to cities which would change how things are generated 

Yea, so to give some context, that POI with a rating of 78k I posted above, NOW is 2.5 k so completely crap in comparison.   Again that's why I am not too keen on generating hundreds of seeds while the mixer is still in flux.

On 12/13/2021 at 1:51 PM, Kemloor said:

Salutations Survivors!

I've lurked on the forums anonymously for a while but decided it was time to create an account and add my thoughts in on the new Alpha 20 RWG.

I have seen for a long time that most people prefer to simply list how many traders there are on a map but with the new Tile Generation RWG System, that seems a bit redundant now as Traders are practically guaranteed to spawn in nearly every city and town and at a specific location, no more need to hunt them down IOW.

In that regard, I believe it may be time to change what we are listing for our map seeds when posted. I've been testing out many new RWG seeds and since I still have yet to find what I'm looking for, I wanted to reach out to the community and respectfully request that anyone who finds a map matching or closely resembling my criteria, please reply to this post with said seed and settings so that I can try it out and share it with my friends.

So, I think I answered this question in a different post by accident.    Bottom line, your assessment of what constitutes a good seed in this post seems to be entirely subject Ely instead of objective in an entirely valid complaint.  I and another guy are using a series of programs to generate seeds and rate them according to a specific criteria that: 

Finds high value POI's with X radius of traders by unique count(1 km) .   Said High Value pois that add to the rating will be in screen shot below.   Red = missing, Green = at least one(possibly more than one, but currently that's not part of the rating criteria.   The Rating system is being tweaked and won't be final until A20 is fully out and no new changes to the Mixer is expected.

Here is a list of what I am looking for: 

A minimum of one(1) of each tier 5 POI

Majority of tier 5 POI's located in one city or two nearby cities, which should be situated in either the Snow or Wasteland Biomes

Cities in Every Biome, so that players may choose to play anywhere and progress around the map as they choose

Map size either 8k OR 10k, in order to accommodate multiple players in PVE or PVP games

Bottom line, you are going to be waiting a VERY, long time with that strict a criteria(possibly forever).  If you want something that specific, you either need to make it yourself or have someone build a world for you.   

For reference, I have used scripts to generate around 3k worlds since A19 started and your ask is like asking to be hit by lightning.   Of that 3k+ seeds of the same size(8k) I had found exactly thirteen with SIX tier 5 POI's somewhere on the world...   Now you ask for not only them to be in the world but close AND in snow or wasteland biome and the significantly reduces your odds a great deal.  

I will repeat, if you want a world with specific characteristics, you will need to try KingGen and hope or more likely build it yourself.   Granted, it's too early to tell about how A20 will shack out but things look much better, but not THAT good.

However, if you can bend, then you get much more flexibility.  Here is one option:

Seed: SolomonicColorimeters

Version: A20 b231

Towns: Many
Wilderness POIs: Default
Rivers: Default
Cracks: Default
Lakes: Default
Plains: 8
Hills: 3
Mountains: 1

Of the tier 5's apartment_brick_6_flr, factory_lg_01, and hospital_01 are missing, while Dishong Tower is outside the base radius but somewhere on the map(2 IIRC)

Best Base location: Snow biome as marked(green circle inside radius

https://imgur.com/a/s7xJI9h

image.thumb.png.67f04382be4d5ed3fc70d3906c3ef809.png

The white line at hte very bottom is the overall rating followed by the best base location x/y and finally the radius of the base rating criteria (1000 meters)

Edited by JoeDaFrogman (see edit history)

On 12/13/2021 at 8:51 PM, Kemloor said:

Here is a list of what I am looking for:

A minimum of one(1) of each tier 5 POI

Majority of tier 5 POI's located in one city or two nearby cities, which should be situated in either the Snow or Wasteland Biomes

Cities in Every Biome, so that players may choose to play anywhere and progress around the map as they choose

Map size either 8k OR 10k, in order to accommodate multiple players in PVE or PVP games

So, I downloaded b218 (from torrent) and created in that version a map that jetZeds posted previously. It is just a map you looking for!

spacer.png

Here you can download it and use in b231: https://www.mediafire.com/file/0an01gcx6oag0p2/East-Cituzaci-County-b218.7z/file

Just unpack to %APPDATA%\7DaysToDie\GeneratedWorlds\

Hello! I run a dedicated server for a small group of friends. When I use any of the seed information from posts like these in the .xml file, the map is always a little different. Is there any way to exactly replicate what these generators create in the .xml file?

Thanks for any help.

1 hour ago, bosslyp said:

Hello! I run a dedicated server for a small group of friends. When I use any of the seed information from posts like these in the .xml file, the map is always a little different. Is there any way to exactly replicate what these generators create in the .xml file?

Thanks for any help.

Generate the file on the CLIENT using the settings specified, and then upload from your host computer to the server.    Also note that EVERY seed created prior to 2 days ago were on an old version and are no longer the same "seed"(meaning they will be completely different than posted.

On 12/14/2021 at 4:37 PM, JoeDaFrogman said:

SeedName: FluffierConjecture

Size: 8192
Hills: 3
Random: 1

https://imgur.com/a/sLAWP13

Anyone able to generate this exact map? This is the only one that doesn't generate correctly, all others in this thread are just fine. Maybe the parameters are incorrect? (I left the rest as Default). @JoeDaFrogman

Just now, thebarista said:

Anyone able to generate this exact map? This is the only one that doesn't generate correctly, all others in this thread are just fine. Maybe the parameters are incorrect? (I left the rest as Default). @JoeDaFrogman

No, NONE of the seeds created prior to this weeks release of b231 would be the same.   The mixer changed.  Someone mentioned a way you can download a previous experimental version if you so dare download a program from unknown sources, and if so you can do that and use the b213 version to generate the above seed using the settings I listed.   

TBH, I have been quite underwhelmed with the latest version of the RWG's results.   I have a few over 150 runs (compared to about 250 under b213), and so far I am finding a significant drop in multi large city groupings in the forest biome(as this one was).   Now, I admit, the entire point is "random" but it seems to me like the rivers have drastically reduced the number of available city location "spawns" and forced them to be quite a bit more spread out.     With that said, there are a few high value POI city groupings per radius in either Wasteland, Snow, or Desert biomes in my results, but still seems quite a bit less populated overall in terms of groupings of cities in the forest.

31 minutes ago, JoeDaFrogman said:

No, NONE of the seeds created prior to this weeks release of b231 would be the same.

Ahh this makes sense. I think we're on b233 right now, your seed was generated in b231?

36 minutes ago, JoeDaFrogman said:

Someone mentioned a way you can download a previous experimental version if you so dare download a program from unknown sources, and if so you can do that and use the b213 version to generate the above seed using the settings I listed. 

If you still have the world would it be too much to ask you to zip it up and upload to mega or something? @JoeDaFrogman

25 minutes ago, thebarista said:

Ahh this makes sense. I think we're on b233 right now, your seed was generated in b231?

If you still have the world would it be too much to ask you to zip it up and upload to mega or something? @JoeDaFrogman

I don't, I deleted them all.  TBH, I am not 100% sure the worlds I created in b231 are the same as b233.   I am just guessing that that new patch was to fix some performance issues since they came shortly apart.    

Now, if you don't mind a Desert, Snow, or Wasteland base, I have few  seeds with high ratings I could post, but was hoping to get some more decent forest city groupings before I posted any as even these are about half of the best rating I got in b213

25 minutes ago, JoeDaFrogman said:

Now, if you don't mind a Desert, Snow, or Wasteland base, I have few  seeds with high ratings I could post, but was hoping to get some more decent forest city groupings before I posted any as even these are about half of the best rating I got in b213

I don't mind, post what you have that you think is good that works with b233.

Seed: SnowiestDrowners
Version: A20 b233
Name: East Vexuu Valley
Size: 8192
Wilderness POI: Default
Rivers: Default
Cracks: Default
Lakes: Default
Hills: 2

Rating: 22034

Best Base Location: 2227, 1312

Within 1km radius of best base location(details in the black screenshot from a terminal): 

• Red = missing
  • Green = at least 1(possibly more)

Pros:

• Almost every single Downtown location(within radius)
  • high ratio of stores(within radius)
  • high ratio of top15(within radius)
  • over half of tier5's(within radius)
  • decent ratio of tier3s.(within radius)
  • Large wasteland city a little over 1.2 km from best base location.

Cons:

• lots of Industrials missing.(within radius)
  •  moderate amount of tier4s.(within radius) 
  • A fairly high number of spawn points far and VERY far from best base location
  • Fairly large distance to other Cities
  • Large Distance to Desert

https://imgur.com/a/Z1s7uHB

image.thumb.png.2295bf28e8c4945dc29b5738fa648c7e.png

18 minutes ago, thebarista said:

I don't mind, post what you have that you think is good that works with b233.

See below.. I am probably going to hit that world up

Edited by JoeDaFrogman (see edit history)

7 hours ago, Arkswell24 said:

Hello,

I’m looking for a seed 8k that has 50-80% snow biome in the map. Tryna do a warrior difficulty snow biome run. Ty

That's the best you're likely to get without going and learning how to mod the world generator yourself.    Same generation settings as my above posts.

SavoyardDrumfishes

image.thumb.png.331cd4d6d5f5cda63770eaf0956c3504.png

14 hours ago, JoeDaFrogman said:

That's the best you're likely to get without going and learning how to mod the world generator yourself.    Same generation settings as my above posts.

SavoyardDrumfishes

Thanks man. I would do so but in running low tier pc and takes an hour to generate a map.

On 12/19/2021 at 11:56 AM, JoeDaFrogman said:

SavoyardDrumfishes

Hey, could you give me the generation Settings. You said its the same as the top but I'm getting different town placement results, please.