The 7D2D Mod Launcher - A Mod Launcher for 7 Days to Die

sphereii

Okay, I've found the issue. I was adding a note to ModInfo.xml that I combined Guppycur's with Xajar's. Turns out it doesn't like the "&" symbol! I erased it and the launcher works fine.

Sorry for the trouble, sphereii.

Just one question: the modlets don't auto-update, right? So I won't lose the change I made in the modified modlets?

Okay, I've found the issue. I was adding a note to ModInfo.xml that I combined Guppycur's with Xajar's. Turns out it doesn't like the "&" symbol! I erased it and the launcher works fine.

Sorry for the trouble, sphereii.

Just one question: the modlets don't auto-update, right? So I won't lose the change I made in the modified modlets?

If you have Refresh Mods Automatically off, then it won't update any modlets you've downloaded from the mod launcher.

If you manually copied mods, it won't update them regardless of the Refresh Mods Automatically.

If you have Refresh Mods Automatically off, then it won't update any modlets you've downloaded from the mod launcher.

If you manually copied mods, it won't update them regardless of the Refresh Mods Automatically.

Got it. Thanks SphereII!

Im trying to launch the BorderlandZ mod alpha 17 through mod launcher but everytime i do regardless of version it launches and just freezes on loading main menu ... ive pre-synced the mod and everything so was curious if anyone has encountered this issue and maybe a fix?

Im trying to launch the BorderlandZ mod alpha 17 through mod launcher but everytime i do regardless of version it launches and just freezes on loading main menu ... ive pre-synced the mod and everything so was curious if anyone has encountered this issue and maybe a fix?

Do you have EAC enabled? Are you using Alpha 17.4 on it as a base?

I have a problem with the mod launcher. When starting the game by the launcher, i get this error:

Checking for DMT...

Scanning for Harmony

d:\programme\steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Mods\0-SphereIICore\Harmony

d:\programme\steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Mods\SDX_0.7.1\Targets\7DaysToDie\Mods\0-SphereIICore\Harmony

Scanning for Scripts

d:\programme\steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Mods\0-SphereIICore\Scripts

d:\programme\steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Mods\SDX_0.7.1\Targets\7DaysToDie\Mods\0-SphereIICore\Scripts

Scanning for PatchScripts

d:\programme\steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Mods\0-SphereIICore\PatchScripts

d:\programme\steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Mods\SDX_0.7.1\Targets\7DaysToDie\Mods\0-SphereIICore\PatchScripts

DMT Scripts Detected.

Downloading DMT...

SDX Downloaded. Checking SDX Dependencies.

Starting SDX Launcher: d:\programme\steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\SDXRepos\DMTViewer.exe /Silent /ScriptOnly /GameFolder ../ /ModFolder ../Mods /EnableAllMods

0|Parsing arguments

0|Auto Build

process started /InitialPatch /GameFolder "../" /ModFolder "../Mods" /ScriptOnly /EnableAllMods

Parsing arguments

Running BackupFiles

Backup dll found: d:\programme\steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\SDXRepos/Backups/Dedi/16.4b319987/Assembly-CSharp.dll

Running DeployDlls

Deploying DLLs

Running LocalisationPatch

Localization.txt file not found in the backup folder

Running InitialPatchTask

Compiling PatchScripts assembly for InitialPatch...

Built patch file in 150ms

Compile errors

error CS0518: Der vordefinierte Typ 'System.Object' ist nicht definiert oder importiert.

Failed to compile PatchMods

Build failed

process exited with error code -1

SDX Exit Code: 0

I tried to find help in the internet but i seem to be the only one having that issue.

Apologies, you must get sick of these requests for help, but I've got another one.

I'm creating a modlet for another modlet (Xyth's NPCs). It simply removes Harley Quinn from the spawn lists, and it should be dead simple.

However, when I try it out, I get an error in the Mod Launcher logs: "The given path's format is not supported."

Link to the logs in Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/14UjBhGH

Here is as much information, that I can think of, that might be relevant:

• I created an entirely new MyMods mod ("My_NPCs") using the Mod Launcher, and copied the contents of the game (so not modifying the original)
  • The game was copied from A18.2b2
  • The modlet is named the same as Xyth's but with "_Remove_Harley_Quinn" after it, so it should load after Xyth's
  • My modlet is not in any repo, I created it by hand in the "My_NPCs/Mods" folder

Here are the contents of the relevant files...

Config/entitygroups.xml:

<configs>
 <!-- Remove from Friendly Animals group - this is the only group in which Harly spawns -->
 <remove xpath="/entitygroups/entitygroup[starts-with(@name, 'FriendlyAnimals')]/entity[name='NPCHarleyQuinn']" />
</configs>

mod.xml (copied and modified from Xyth's):

<mod>
 <info>
   <author>khzmusik</author>
   <name>Xyth NPCs: Remove Harley</name>
   <description>Removes Harley Quinn from the Xyth NPC Mod</description>
   <mod_version>1.0.0</mod_version>
   <game_version>18.0</game_version>
 </info>
 <dependencies>
   <dependency>Xyth NPCs</dependency>
 </dependencies>
</mod>

ModInfo.xml (also copied and modified from Xyth's):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<xml>
<ModInfo>
	<Name value="Xyth NPCs: Remove Harley" />
	<Description value="Removes Harley Quinn from the Xyth NPC Mod" />
	<Author value="khzmusik" />
	<Version value="1.0.0" />
	<Website value="" />
</ModInfo>
</xml>

...OK, ignore the last post, I figured it out.

In the mod.xml and ModInfo.xml files, the values for the "name"/"Name" tags werewrong. It turns out the value must exactly match the name of the modlet's folder in the "Mods" directory.

I had assumed, wrongly, that they were human-readable names for the modlet. (Human-readable text can be put in the description instead.)

Once I entered the folder name in those values, everything seemed to work fine.

Sorry for wasting your time with the long post.

Edited by khzmusik (see edit history)

I have a problem with the mod launcher. When starting the game by the launcher, i get this error:

Checking for DMT...

Scanning for Harmony

d:\programme\steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Mods\0-SphereIICore\Harmony

d:\programme\steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Mods\SDX_0.7.1\Targets\7DaysToDie\Mods\0-SphereIICore\Harmony

Scanning for Scripts

d:\programme\steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Mods\0-SphereIICore\Scripts

d:\programme\steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Mods\SDX_0.7.1\Targets\7DaysToDie\Mods\0-SphereIICore\Scripts

Scanning for PatchScripts

d:\programme\steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Mods\0-SphereIICore\PatchScripts

d:\programme\steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Mods\SDX_0.7.1\Targets\7DaysToDie\Mods\0-SphereIICore\PatchScripts

DMT Scripts Detected.

Downloading DMT...

SDX Downloaded. Checking SDX Dependencies.

Starting SDX Launcher: d:\programme\steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\SDXRepos\DMTViewer.exe /Silent /ScriptOnly /GameFolder ../ /ModFolder ../Mods /EnableAllMods

0|Parsing arguments

0|Auto Build

process started /InitialPatch /GameFolder "../" /ModFolder "../Mods" /ScriptOnly /EnableAllMods

Parsing arguments

Running BackupFiles

Backup dll found: d:\programme\steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\SDXRepos/Backups/Dedi/16.4b319987/Assembly-CSharp.dll

Running DeployDlls

Deploying DLLs

Running LocalisationPatch

Localization.txt file not found in the backup folder

Running InitialPatchTask

Compiling PatchScripts assembly for InitialPatch...

Built patch file in 150ms

Compile errors

error CS0518: Der vordefinierte Typ 'System.Object' ist nicht definiert oder importiert.

Failed to compile PatchMods

Build failed

process exited with error code -1

SDX Exit Code: 0

I tried to find help in the internet but i seem to be the only one having that issue.

Looks like you are trying to apply DMT changes against A16.4. I'm not sure if we've tested with that.

- - - Updated - - -

...OK, ignore the last post, I figured it out.

In the mod.xml and ModInfo.xml files, the values for the "name"/"Name" tags werewrong. It turns out the value must exactly match the name of the modlet's folder in the "Mods" directory.

I had assumed, wrongly, that they were human-readable names for the modlet. (Human-readable text can be put in the description instead.)

Once I entered the folder name in those values, everything seemed to work fine.

Sorry for wasting your time with the long post.

It's no worry. It's a known issue to me, and i'm still on the fence on whether to fix it or not. If I chose to fix it, then there's more processing to identify which folder goes with which mod; it's not challenging though. If I chose not too, then I kind of enforce a standard that your name should match your folder.

It's no worry. It's a known issue to me, and i'm still on the fence on whether to fix it or not. If I chose to fix it, then there's more processing to identify which folder goes with which mod; it's not challenging though. If I chose not too, then I kind of enforce a standard that your name should match your folder.

I wouldn't be upset if you left it as is. It would be nice if this were documented somewhere more "official" - but this is 7D2D we're talking about, there's not much official documentation of anything, so no big deal.

EDIT: This also solved a kind of unusual "bug" that I saw originally. If the folder doesn't match the name, then the Mod Launcher's Manage Mods screen showed it as "uninstalled" even though it's in the Mods folder, and there's no way to "install" it. When the names match it shows up as installed, without issue.

I mention this because that screen is really useful for disabling modlets that aren't ready to play yet (as mine are).

Edited by khzmusik (see edit history)

Looks like you are trying to apply DMT changes against A16.4. I'm not sure if we've tested with that.

If i get it right, it uses a backup from an older version for some reason. I installed the launcher, selected the steam version and downloaded modlets for it. These are being xyths NPC along with the mods it needs to work properly. But when i click play it gives this error. Did i miss anything during the progress? DMT and SDX should be installed automatically if needed. So shouldnt it just straight away work? Why is it using this backup instead the proper one?

Edited by okwoco (see edit history)

I wouldn't be upset if you left it as is. It would be nice if this were documented somewhere more "official" - but this is 7D2D we're talking about, there's not much official documentation of anything, so no big deal.

EDIT: This also solved a kind of unusual "bug" that I saw originally. If the folder doesn't match the name, then the Mod Launcher's Manage Mods screen showed it as "uninstalled" even though it's in the Mods folder, and there's no way to "install" it. When the names match it shows up as installed, without issue.

I mention this because that screen is really useful for disabling modlets that aren't ready to play yet (as mine are).

Yeah, it should work as expected, as opposed to as it should. I'll push a fix for it tomorrow.

- - - Updated - - -

If i get it right, it uses a backup from an older version for some reason. I installed the launcher, selected the steam version and downloaded modlets for it. These are being xyths NPC along with the mods it needs to work properly. But when i click play it gives this error. Did i miss anything during the progress? DMT and SDX should be installed automatically if needed. So shouldnt it just straight away work? Why is it using this backup instead the proper one?

What version of the game was in your steam folder? If it's 18.2, you could try deleting the steam copy, and re-install it, since it looks like its confused.

...Well, it turns out this doesn't work as I expected. As long as the modlet's folder is in the Mods folder, it will be active.

I don't know why I expected otherwise though, since I'm pretty sure scanning that folder is done by 7D2D, not by the mod launcher.

Oh, well. It's easy enough to temporarily move it somewhere else during development.

Hey guys, had a quick look through the posts and the troubleshooting guide but I didn't manage to spot a solution to my problem.

Started the already installed Launcher, it asked me to upgrade but it kept failing with a permission error whenever I tried. That's ok, I went through and uninstalled the sucker and downloaded the latest version of the .msi.

Now...tried using the .msi installer and now I'm getting this problem.

1.jpg.0c690f4731be763d80b781368d62b458.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated. The program is fully uninstalled through normal control panel means (unless there is some registry crap causing this). Have tried installing to a different location and from a different location...same error always

Cheers :)

Quick heads up, I just went through the registry and user folders manually. Found the 7daysmodlauncher folder in the appdata/roaming folder that had a config .txt file that wasn't deleted by the uninstall and it contained some old setting. Deleted that and at least it now installs..

Hope this helps anyone else having that problem

Hello, so i formated windows, updated my drives and all that stuff, then i installed the launcher, when i tried to install some modlets, it wouldn't download them, so i thought it was some kind of error, but i could play the vanilla version fine, i uninstalled the launcher and reinstalled, it wouldn't open, so i uninstalled again, but this time, clean uninstall, removes everything linked to the launcher, now it opens fine but when i try to pre-sync a modpack, like Darkness Falls, to download it it gives me this, https://prnt.sc/q90wdl , apparently a missing DLL, is there anyway that i can solve this? also, why when i click download on a modlet, it downloads, but it actually dosen't?

https://prnt.sc/q90x6d

https://prnt.sc/q90xge

Hello, so i formated windows, updated my drives and all that stuff, then i installed the launcher, when i tried to install some modlets, it wouldn't download them, so i thought it was some kind of error, but i could play the vanilla version fine, i uninstalled the launcher and reinstalled, it wouldn't open, so i uninstalled again, but this time, clean uninstall, removes everything linked to the launcher, now it opens fine but when i try to pre-sync a modpack, like Darkness Falls, to download it it gives me this, https://prnt.sc/q90wdl , apparently a missing DLL, is there anyway that i can solve this? also, why when i click download on a modlet, it downloads, but it actually dosen't?

I've nothing to do with the development of the mod launcher. But, based on the first screenshot, it seems like the mod launcher needs to have SVN installed, and it isn't.

I don't know why - neither why the mod launcher would need it (most repos use Git), nor why it wouldn't be installed. It should be included if the mod launcher was compiled using the appropriate package from Nuget. I could be wrong though, and you might need to download some version of the .NET runtime or something.

This is the library that is associated with that .dll: https://sharpsvn.open.collab.net/

A Microsoft package was missed during your re-install attempt: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8328

- - - Updated - - -

I've nothing to do with the development of the mod launcher. But, based on the first screenshot, it seems like the mod launcher needs to have SVN installed, and it isn't.

I don't know why - neither why the mod launcher would need it (most repos use Git), nor why it wouldn't be installed. It should be included if the mod launcher was compiled using the appropriate package from Nuget. I could be wrong though, and you might need to download some version of the .NET runtime or something.

This is the library that is associated with that .dll: https://sharpsvn.open.collab.net/

Thank you for your contribution and feedback.

Any download links for the old launcher with support for Alphas before 16.4?

I really just want to play A15 valmod overhaul + compopack + bigger backpacks. Yet that doesn't appear to be an option in the version of the launcher I downloaded. I do remember installing it that way a few years ago, though.

Any download links for the old launcher with support for Alphas before 16.4?

I really just want to play A15 valmod overhaul + compopack + bigger backpacks. Yet that doesn't appear to be an option in the version of the launcher I downloaded. I do remember installing it that way a few years ago, though.

I do have links. The Mod Launcher keeps indexes, but I'm not sure if the download links are still available. The ones on github probably still exists, but it could be hit or miss.

You can try this: Click on Open URL, and add in this: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/SphereII/7D2DConfig/master/Valmar.xml

Be sure to use the Download From Steam option, and pick the right alpha. I think those are A15.