The 7D2D Mod Launcher - A Mod Launcher for 7 Days to Die

sphereii

Correct, although I can grab the link you posted for white and download it and install it manually, it still doesnt work, almost like its looking in the wrongplace, or at the wrong file.

Also checked the registry entries which just shows AutoUpdater and an entry for ProgramMenuFolder

It should be placing the database in your %TMP%.

Do you have any anti-virus that may be nuking it?

1. Very first thing I did was to disable AV, its not getting into tmp at all.

2. Checked for existing file in temp, thinking it was locked, ModLauncher.sqlite was not in the temp directory.

3. So I ran your installer in a sandbox, install worked and files were found in the temp dir.

4. Wiped out the temp folder completely, then I copied the file across from the sandbox and poof, worked.

5. Finally did an uninstall/reinstall, now its working normally.

As far as I can tell there is an issue(maybe a rare one or something funny going on) with it being in the temp folder; not that, that statement, is very helpful. MS might be doing something fudgey.

Ohh, and thanks for the help!

1. Very first thing I did was to disable AV, its not getting into tmp at all.

2. Checked for existing file in temp, thinking it was locked, ModLauncher.sqlite was not in the temp directory.

3. So I ran your installer in a sandbox, install worked and files were found in the temp dir.

4. Wiped out the temp folder completely, then I copied the file across from the sandbox and poof, worked.

5. Finally did an uninstall/reinstall, now its working normally.

As far as I can tell there is an issue(maybe a rare one or something funny going on) with it being in the temp folder; not that, that statement, is very helpful. MS might be doing something fudgey.

Ohh, and thanks for the help!

Originally I was placing it under APPDATA, but then moved to TMP because of some issues people were having. Neither seems ideal. Maybe the launcher needs to play it in its own folder.

Running into an issue after updating a modlet through the app. Getting the following exception and unable to fix. I've attempted uninstalling and reinstalling along with clearing the %tmp% and %appdata% locations.

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at _7D2DLauncher.frmModDownloader.ReadLocalModInfo(String strReadFile, String Filter) in C:\Users\Jeff\Documents\GitHub\7D2DModLauncher\7D2DLauncher\7D2DLauncher\ModDownloader.cs:line 820

at _7D2DLauncher.frmModDownloader.FindLocalUnlistedMods(DataTable dt) in C:\Users\Jeff\Documents\GitHub\7D2DModLauncher\7D2DLauncher\7D2DLauncher\ModDownloader.cs:line 256

at _7D2DLauncher.frmModDownloader.SetDataTableToGrid(DataTable dt) in C:\Users\Jeff\Documents\GitHub\7D2DModLauncher\7D2DLauncher\7D2DLauncher\ModDownloader.cs:line 200

at _7D2DLauncher.frmModDownloader.RefreshGrid() in C:\Users\Jeff\Documents\GitHub\7D2DModLauncher\7D2DLauncher\7D2DLauncher\ModDownloader.cs:line 190

at _7D2DLauncher.frmModDownloader.frmModDownloader_Shown(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Users\Jeff\Documents\GitHub\7D2DModLauncher\7D2DLauncher\7D2DLauncher\ModDownloader.cs:line 104

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnShown(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackHelper(Object obj)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallback(ThreadMethodEntry tme)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbacks()

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 4.8.4018.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

7D2DLauncher

Assembly Version: 2.1.10.29072

Win32 Version: 2.1.10.29072

CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/SphereII%20Software/7D2D%20Mod%20Launcher%20Installer/7D2DLauncher.exe

System.Windows.Forms

Win32 Version: 4.8.4001.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System

Win32 Version: 4.8.4001.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Drawing

Win32 Version: 4.8.3752.0 built by: NET48REL1

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

log4net

Assembly Version: 2.0.8.0

Win32 Version: 2.0.8.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/SphereII%20Software/7D2D%20Mod%20Launcher%20Installer/log4net.DLL

System.Net.Http

Assembly Version: 4.1.1.3

Win32 Version: 4.6.26907.01

CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/SphereII%20Software/7D2D%20Mod%20Launcher%20Installer/System.Net.Http.DLL

System.Configuration

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

System.Core

Win32 Version: 4.8.4018.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

System.Xml

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

System.Deployment

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Deployment/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Deployment.dll

AutoUpdater.NET

Assembly Version: 1.4.11.0

Win32 Version: 1.4.11.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/SphereII%20Software/7D2D%20Mod%20Launcher%20Installer/AutoUpdater.NET.DLL

System.Data

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll

SharpConfig

Assembly Version: 3.2.7.0

Win32 Version: 3.2.7.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/SphereII%20Software/7D2D%20Mod%20Launcher%20Installer/SharpConfig.DLL

System.ServiceModel

Win32 Version: 4.8.3825.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.ServiceModel/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.ServiceModel.dll

SMDiagnostics

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/SMDiagnostics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/SMDiagnostics.dll

System.ServiceModel.Internals

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.ServiceModel.Internals/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/System.ServiceModel.Internals.dll

System.Runtime.Serialization

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Serialization/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Serialization.dll

System.Data.SQLite

Assembly Version: 1.0.110.0

Win32 Version: 1.0.110.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/SphereII%20Software/7D2D%20Mod%20Launcher%20Installer/System.Data.SQLite.DLL

System.Transactions

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Transactions/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Transactions.dll

System.EnterpriseServices

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.EnterpriseServices/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.EnterpriseServices.dll

System.Numerics

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll

Octokit

Assembly Version: 0.28.0.0

Win32 Version: 0.28.0.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/SphereII%20Software/7D2D%20Mod%20Launcher%20Installer/Octokit.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Hi, I want to Install the optional SMXhudTHB to my dedicated Server, but don't know how. Sirillion recommend to do so with the Mod launcher. Thanks in advance.

Through the Manage Modlets feature of the Mod Launcher, you can download that modlet. Then, going into the Mods folder where it installed, copy and upload to your dedicated server.

Hi Sphereii,ijust updated both mod launcher and sphere core mod,along with NPC DMT mod,and im getting console error messages at main menu.Is it normal? Im not sure about them appearing ingame i didnt get chance to check but i assume they might since they appear on main menu..

anyway to disable them?Or is there some other issues i need to address?

the error reads "err failed loading harmony"

"bad image format excerption"

Not sure if its related but cant think of any other reason but when i start the game(load a save or new game) i have no controller or mouse/KB input,nothing works...

EDIT:Never mind,as usual a total deletion of files and fresh install works .It seems that anytime i use the update function from launcher i get issues.Not sure if its just me.

Edited by Redarmy45 (see edit history)

Hi Sphereii,ijust updated both mod launcher and sphere core mod,along with NPC DMT mod,and im getting console error messages at main menu.Is it normal? Im not sure about them appearing ingame i didnt get chance to check but i assume they might since they appear on main menu..

anyway to disable them?Or is there some other issues i need to address?

the error reads "err failed loading harmony"

"bad image format excerption"

Not sure if its related but cant think of any other reason but when i start the game(load a save or new game) i have no controller or mouse/KB input,nothing works...

EDIT:Never mind,as usual a total deletion of files and fresh install works .It seems that anytime i use the update function from launcher i get issues.Not sure if its just me.

Sounds like interference with an anti-virus?

Unity Error | Game loads but not fully into the map

Hey Sphereii,

I have been trying to get my game to work for hours now. I don't know what the problem is I can run the vanilla through the launcher and steam. But I can't run a mod without it crashing as I load up the map. It gives me this weird Unity popup error and I looked all over the forum and couldn't find anyting about it. Here is a picture of the screen I get after it intializes the map.

Hey Sphereii,

I have been trying to get my game to work for hours now. I don't know what the problem is I can run the vanilla through the launcher and steam. But I can't run a mod without it crashing as I load up the map. It gives me this weird Unity popup error and I looked all over the forum and couldn't find anyting about it. Here is a picture of the screen I get after it intializes the map.

I don't see a picture. Do you have a log file you can post? With the mod selected, go to Log Files, then pick the output_log.txt from the drop down, and click on Upload Log file. It'll give you a pastebin.com link to post here.

Ok. But how can I install the needed 0-SphereIICore? I think it has to be installed over the Launcher, because of the changes it does to the God Mode.

If you need 0-SphereIICore, then you will need to use the DMT tool to 'build' it against the dedicated server. The Mod Launcher does it for the client, but not for the dedicated servers.

Take a look at this link to get started with DMT: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?117235-DMT-Modding-Tool

Keep getting an error everytime I try to open the mod launcher [ATTACH=CONFIG]30818[/ATTACH] is there a workaround or am I screwed?

Seems like it had trouble downloading the database.

Try this and see if it helps:

1) Download directly: https://github.com/7D2DModLauncher/Database/blob/master/ModLauncher.sqlite?raw=true

2) Open up explorer to %TMP%, and save the file there. Re-open the mod launcher.

Hello people,

I just tried using mod launcher for the first time. Any idea how do you add modlets that are not available to download from the list?

I want to add Guppycur's modlets to the game, but it's not on the available list. So I've been downloading it manually and extracted it to 7 Days to Die /Mods/ folder. However when I launched the mod launcher it shows error, apparently because it can't detect mods added manually?

Hello people,

I just tried using mod launcher for the first time. Any idea how do you add modlets that are not available to download from the list?

I want to add Guppycur's modlets to the game, but it's not on the available list. So I've been downloading it manually and extracted it to 7 Days to Die /Mods/ folder. However when I launched the mod launcher it shows error, apparently because it can't detect mods added manually?

It should be able too. If you copied a mod in manually, the mod launcher doesn't really need to see it for the game to load it. There is a bug in the mod launcher that if the folder doesn't match then name="" attribute in the ModInfo.xml, the mod launcher won't display it correctly. However, the game will find it.

What errors are you seeing? It seems like it may be unrelated.

It should be able too. If you copied a mod in manually, the mod launcher doesn't really need to see it for the game to load it. There is a bug in the mod launcher that if the folder doesn't match then name="" attribute in the ModInfo.xml, the mod launcher won't display it correctly. However, the game will find it.

What errors are you seeing? It seems like it may be unrelated.

The errors are this one:

EYFqMx6.png

Here is the full log:

https://pastebin.com/PK41EVRL

I also edited several lines of the already downloaded mod, if that makes any difference.

Edited by Xaliber (see edit history)