Unending horde

Spatch

Anyone seen the unending horde problem where hordes just do not stop and just keep coming?  This is not a horde night - it is night 30 and we are getting overrun with constant zombies.  It was fun until it killed me after us fighting them for 20 minutes.  When the admin types 'killall', they immediately start spawning again.  We really don't want to start over this world as we are having a blast on it.

Is the server unmodded or, if you did apply mods, do you have multiple mods?

I ran a server modded with Khaine's ever-so-lovely Darkness Falls overhaul mod for my friends and I to enjoy a persistent world together. Everything ran A-Ok for several months. While DF didn't cause us to wipe the server and start over, a glitch with another mod did.

For the lulz, we tried out Boid's Infinite Horde mod, in addition to DF. We did understand that the two might not work well together. For a time, however, everything seemed be stable. Even so, we ended up removing BIH after a few Blood Moons because we could not always be online at the same time for horde night. I was reasonably certain that I had deleted the BIH mod from  /7 Day To Die/Mods, but the following Blood Moon threw an un-ending stream of zeds at us as if BIH was installed. The issue persisted even after we created an RWG map.

I should have contacted Boidster or asked for advice on here or Discord; however, I was too busy with work to do so at the time and just reset the server to its default. After the reinstall and subsequent re-addition of DF, our new RWG map ran properly, with the Blood Moons and freaky demons occurring as we had come to expect.

I hope that you do not end up having to resort to a similar solution, no matter your situation.

16 hours ago, mprojekt said:

For the lulz, we tried out Boid's Infinite Horde mod

HAHAHAHA....sucker...

Srsly tho, the modlet is super-simple and it should uninstall pretty cleanly. It only makes changes at run-time to the gamestages.xml file so if you delete the mod and restart the server it should be gone. The log would tell you if it was still loading from somewhere. Anywho, I know it's a moo point by now, but definitely @ me on this forum if you ever try it again and it causes you problems.

image.png.03a7242ce69c6a1ec3a2ec147ce8dfe7.png

2 hours ago, Boidster said:

HAHAHAHA....sucker...

Srsly tho, the modlet is super-simple and it should uninstall pretty cleanly. It only makes changes at run-time to the gamestages.xml file so if you delete the mod and restart the server it should be gone. The log would tell you if it was still loading from somewhere. Anywho, I know it's a moo point by now, but definitely @ me on this forum if you ever try it again and it causes you problems.

image.png.03a7242ce69c6a1ec3a2ec147ce8dfe7.png

I still run your mod on a client-only install, to challenge myself during an otherwise-vanilla Nightmare mode! It works as expected and even when I temporarily pull BIH out to do other silly stuff, I can't seem get the unwanted flood of zeds to re-appear.

If I do ever encounter a problem with BIH similar to what I had previously described, I will take notes as I work through standard troubleshooting. I will happily share those with you (including logs!), whether I solve it on my own or not.