No horde on Blood Moon

Saloth

Hi, since a good while I don't see any horde spawning even though I've maxed out settings 64 zombies per spawn or Blood Moon every day. Yeah there's a storm, thunder roar, red sky, console entry log about triggering the BM and... That's it. They're even supposed to know where I am so being exposed should be 100/100 while it stays like on regular days, up to 50. At first I thought the problem might be setting days to last 10 minutes but then switched to 120 minutes per day and still nothing. I don't randomize Blood Moon days, they should happen right off the bat. I mean they do, there's a red mark on day but no zombies whatsoever. And even if, they're not even feral and dunno my location. I can't fix it, whether it's Navezgane or any other RNG seed map.

So uh can't I force or at least use a console command to spawn them? On another saved game I was at day 22 and 3 times no horde either. Unless that won't work (10 minutes a day kinda breaks the code and timing in-game?). I used to always play very long days (120 minutes per days as maxed out and it always guaranteed me there'll be the Blood Moon on 7th day). 

Edited by Saloth (see edit history)

this is subjective... but.. so far i have seen that manipulating time usually does not/ might not ALWAYS give the right results. like the time moves fast to do 10 minutes each day but sometimes the night will kick but glitch out and or visa-versa.

as i said its subjective because some testers have seen no issue and some have. (food for thought). :)

which is why i go against protocol (this is not for anyone to take the wrong way, just telling of my experiences).... i use vanilla settings.. yep i said (i) go against protocol. :)

Edited by unholyjoe (see edit history)

30 minutes ago, SylenThunder said:

How many zeds you get is determined by your gamestage. Your gamestage in that log was something like 3.

As your character levels up and progresses it will increase. Day count does not matter. If your gamestage is low like that, you're hardly going to get anything.

That'd be valid. Especially leveling up progress part. I nerfed my exp rate down to 25% so now I imagine how it extra slowed down game stage even more. Since 10 minutes is so crazy and I barely have time for anything I'll rather stick to 12 minutes cause I always procrastinate and take gaming slowly, afk a lot and so on.  It still doesn't explain, why on BM they still can't see me where I am so the "eye" bar should be 100/100.

17 minutes ago, unholyjoe said:

this is subjective... but.. so far i have seen that manipulating time usually does not/ might not ALWAYS give the right results. like the time moves fast to do 10 minutes each day but sometimes the night will kick but glitch out and or visa-versa.

as i said its subjective because some testers have seen no issue and some have. (food for thought). :)

which is why i go against protocol (this is not for anyone to take the wrong way, just telling of my experiences).... i use vanilla settings.. yep i said (i) go against protocol. :)

You're right, QA. Must be I accidentally broke the game mechanics progress so I'll try be more patient next time. However I could see clearly on 21sth day there already were black wolves and other mid/late game zombies. Still - couldn't even get lvl 2 promotion due to so low exp rate. So I'll max this out to 300% as well I guess. Just like I used to play so everything worked like a charm before.

Edited by Saloth (see edit history)

9 hours ago, Saloth said:

That'd be valid. Especially leveling up progress part. I nerfed my exp rate down to 25% so now I imagine how it extra slowed down game stage even more. Since 10 minutes is so crazy and I barely have time for anything I'll rather stick to 12 minutes cause I always procrastinate and take gaming slowly, afk a lot and so on.  It still doesn't explain, why on BM they still can't see me where I am so the "eye" bar should be 100/100.

You're right, QA. Must be I accidentally broke the game mechanics progress so I'll try be more patient next time. However I could see clearly on 21sth day there already were black wolves and other mid/late game zombies. Still - couldn't even get lvl 2 promotion due to so low exp rate. So I'll max this out to 300% as well I guess. Just like I used to play so everything worked like a charm before.

I don't think the eyebar is influenced by bloodmoon as there still could be normal roaming zombies who would not see you in stealth. But I could be wrong.

The logfile does not show any lines where bloodmoon zombies are spawned (there would have to be lines in the log with "INF BloodMoonParty:"). So any zombies you have seen then would be normal area zombies. Consequently they did not see you from farther away.

You can test the theory that your gamestage is too low by simply opening the console with F1 and entering giveselfxp 1000 until you are at say gamestage 10 or more, which should definitely generate bloodmoon zombies. If you still get no lines with "BloodMoonParty" in your log then your savegame is definitely borked.

Please tell us the result of this test. I would think no bloodmoon zombies at all even at a very low gamestage would have to be considered a bug. It even says so in the log that gamestage 2 should spawn 3 bloodmoon zombies