Frying pan

kitteran

Nice. A cooking utensil, other than the stick, that doubles as a weapon. I can agree to that, except that as far as I know, all weapons have a durability, but the cooking pots and cooking grills do not. Also, those are stackable, whereas weapons are not. Not sure how that would work. It would be nice to cook eggs without hard boiling them or requiring pork for the bacon (though I do love bacon, just tend to have more eggs than pork at any given time).

[QUOTE=kitteran;127541]This game needs craftable frying pans first they make great cooking items. and secondly they make such a satisfying:sneakiness: sound when you smack a zombie in the face with one.[/QUOTE] Much like Phantasy Star Online's "Frying Pan" weapon? Makes a good metal BONK noise when you hit enemies? That would certainly be entertaining. :glee:

[QUOTE=lazerblade01;127551]Nice. A cooking utensil, other than the stick, that doubles as a weapon. I can agree to that, except that as far as I know, all weapons have a durability, but the cooking pots and cooking grills do not. Also, those are stackable, whereas weapons are not. Not sure how that would work.[/QUOTE] Lazer - I think if the were to implement the pan as weapon, they could add minor damage to the item so that you can swing and hurt stuff with it. They could make it very much like a flashlight or torch. They don't do much damage but you can fight with them. They are also stackable and usable (but not in terms of cooking) ;p

I think this is a great idea. A frying pan would be a fun weapon, and also boiling eggs is barely worth it, until you have a reliable source of water - by which point you're probably making stews and boiled meats which are way better.

I just find it funny that having a frying pan is a pipe dream >_< and I also agree; Scrambled eggs at the cost of 1 iron ingot and a forged iron bar. placed like this Forged Iron - Metal Ingot another way of saying it would be F= the Iron bar I = Ingot xxxx xFIx xxxx Edit: ah it says Pimp dreams nevermind lol.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
With the addition of animal fat to the game we could actually fry stuff like potatoes or pork chops, bacon and eggs. hmm actually why not just replace the grill and use the same method they did with torches make a stack of 1 and degrade when used as a weapon

Would love to see this - then transfer the bacon/eggs recipe over, along with scrambled eggs. While we're at it, cook up some hashbrowns from the Potatoes :) Wouldn't mind seeing a dutch oven or pie pan to make blueberry pie and whatnot. Popcorn would be entertaining, all that popping noise could be used to attract zombies :D

• 1 month later...
Apparently the frying pan is quite effective as a weapon if you hit with the edge. [URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXmWqObDxkI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXmWqObDxkI[/URL] Bonking zombies on the other hand doesn't work too well (regardless of how you read the word). Edit: I was thinking of asking for frying pans to be added, so I allowed myself to bump the thread (instead of making a new one).

• 3 years later...
[QUOTE=kitteran;127541]This game needs craftable frying pans first they make great cooking items. and secondly they make such a satisfying:sneakiness: sound when you smack a zombie in the face with one.[/QUOTE] Please tell me some kinds of item name ASAP.

[QUOTE=kitteran;127541]This game needs craftable frying pans first they make great cooking items. and secondly they make such a satisfying:sneakiness: sound when you smack a zombie in the face with one.[/QUOTE] hehe I have them in my medieval mod, for both purposes. =)

Archived