Haven't been here for long but...

Fearshatter

I just wanted to say thank you for all the work you guys put into this game.  I've had 7 Days to Die for a few years now after a friend got it for me, and while dabbling in it was rough at first, I've come to love it so much, and I love experimenting with the different weapons and what situations they can be good in over others, and I like seeing new people get in on the action too.  The modding community is also nice and I appreciate the effort they put in to add custom things to the game.  But this post isn't about any of that.  I was wondering if you guys would ever implement "moral" choices?  As in things with traders or a karmic system that allows for better outcomes the more you invest in it.  Like by giving things to trader without requesting money back or... well.  Anything like that.  I imagine something like this would be very difficult, so I'm okay if it isn't added.  Still though, I wanted to see if anyone else was interested in something akin to moral choices in game.

For most, that moral choice involves typing dm into the command console or not... ;)

Kidding aside, there was talk about doing a reputation system where choices would endear or estrange you from one faction or the other. It isn't exactly the same thing as moral choices but probably as close as they will get if they end up deciding to do it.

1 hour ago, Roland said:

For most, that moral choice involves typing dm into the command console or not... ;)

Kidding aside, there was talk about doing a reputation system where choices would endear or estrange you from one faction or the other. It isn't exactly the same thing as moral choices but probably as close as they will get if they end up deciding to do it.

Could do a sanity meter.  More sane likens you towards the survivors, and less sane goes to bandits. 

Player actions and "health" would impact sanity.  Like if I'm spending days and days mining and drinking blackstrap coffee, I might be leaning towards much less sane than someone hunting and eating properly.

Just now, SylenThunder said:

Could do a sanity meter.  More sane likens you towards the survivors, and less sane goes to bandits. 

Player actions and "health" would impact sanity.  Like if I'm spending days and days mining and drinking blackstrap coffee, I might be leaning towards much less sane than someone hunting and eating properly.

This sounds pretty cool, I'd be into it.   Anything that makes a difference in how the game is played.  For me I always choose the "good" option.  But choosing to be good doesn't have any impact if the alternative doesn't exist and isn't on some level appealing.  At least imo.  Thanks everyone for feedback so far.  :)

Since there is supposed to be a story in the final game involving the Duke (local warlord with friendly people called bandits working for him) and an opposing White River faction and you are able to choose which faction to support I'd say there is a moral choice there.

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

7 hours ago, SylenThunder said:

Alright, Call of Cthulu on the computer.

Hasteur, Hasteur, Hasteur....   See, nothing happ