Dedicated - Server - LinuxGSM >> IndexOutOfRangeException

dwarfmaster1974

Hello survivors,

I've been trying to figure out for a few days now why the following error appears on the server whenever Bloodmoon is and a zombie is nearby.

Here is an excerpt from the log.

Log-Entry

This entry floods the entire server in the situation described above. It repeats itself until either the Bloodmoon is over or there is no zombie left in the vicinity (killing is also possible). Then everything is normal again.

The consequence, however, is that all other zombies everywhere freeze for everyone or stop moving. This is of course quite unfortunate and not really fun.

When the Bloodmoon is over, everything runs wonderfully, because the hardware behind it is really good and is certainly not the reason for this behaviour.

Here is the hardware description from LinuxGSM ( some points hidden or masked of course 😉

Hardware-Config

What I've done so far is to iteratively deactivate all mods, but that hasn't helped. The error still occurs.

What is also strange is the fact that this problem does not occur on the fallback server. This has Windows as its operating system, which could possibly be a reason.

I am very grateful for any information!

Please feel free to write to me for further information.

1 minute ago, dwarfmaster1974 said:

Thank you for the super fast answer. You mean by "new" that I should check if there is an error somewhere in these XMLs?

Well, I would remove those XML's and acquire new ones from Steam (file verification), but yeah likely your issue lies in there. BM spawner is calling something that's broken/missing (though it could still be a mod that's loaded).

OK ... I have now replaced or validated all the files that could be responsible for this ... but it still happens.

Is there perhaps a debug mode with which one can start the server to determine which mod, file, item, entity is missing?
The log with this number doesn't really help with troubleshooting.

6 minutes ago, dwarfmaster1974 said:

Hi @Jugginator,

here is the full log:

https://pastebin.com/Mbpnr8yM

What I do >> Jumped on the Server - look around - see a zombie - exit the Game.

As you can see ... there are a lot of repeating errors.

If you can see something, that I do not see you are very, very welcome ;)

1. 2021-08-13T20:16:39 1.240 INF [MODS] Trying to load from folder: War3zuk Move Speeds
  2. 2021-08-13T20:16:39 1.240 INF [MODS] Loaded Mod: War3zuk Move Speeds (1.2)

Your error points to movement speed issues and that one seems to edit move speeds, i'd start there

8 minutes ago, dwarfmaster1974 said:

I myself am absolutely at a loss and on the verge of madness.

For this game, mods have no requirement to be compatible with each other, leaving that to users to figure out.

When you're running as many different mods as you are, problems are likely.

One way you could sort it out is to create a small new test world with no mods, and confirm that everything works as expected.

LGSM will let you do this without disturbing your original world.

Then add in half your mods and see if you have the problem. If so, you've narrowed it down to one or more of those mods.

Repeat as necessary until you find the problem. Or you could add one at a time until you get the problem.

15 minutes ago, Beelzybub said:

For this game, mods have no requirement to be compatible with each other, leaving that to users to figure out.

When you're running as many different mods as you are, problems are likely.

One way you could sort it out is to create a small new test world with no mods, and confirm that everything works as expected.

LGSM will let you do this without disturbing your original world.

Then add in half your mods and see if you have the problem. If so, you've narrowed it down to one or more of those mods.

Repeat as necessary until you find the problem. Or you could add one at a time until you get the problem.

I am at work so I can't open paste bin links (and thus cannot see how many mods he has).

I recommended to someone in the past who had around 104 mods to do them in batches of 10.  That makes it easier to isolate the problem (compared to 52 which would have been half in their case) and faster than doing it one by one.  In the end, it was the last 4 mods they installed that was causing the issues. But I may be giving advice in this situation that is not necessary since I can't read the log file  🙂

So. What I've done.

* Deleted prefabs
* Saves deleted
* Changed map to Navezgane
* deleted all mods
* Steam validate done
* restarted about 200 times ... 

Error still occurs. This is despite the fact that not a single customized file exists anymore ... except the serveradmin.xml so that I can debug.

Only the server throws errors. Not a single error message in the client.

What am I missing?

I'm going to set up a completely naked new server and see what happens.

After several hours of intensive research and many cups of coffee and cigarettes, i found the error.

It was not a mod and not the 'Prefabs' or anything in the 'Saves' directory.

It was simply a rather stupid and not immediately recognizable configuration in the serverconfig.xml.

<property name="ZombieBMMove" value="5"/>

Anyone who has ever set up a 7D2D server will recognize the problem immediately.

5 simply does not exist; only values from 0 to 4 are permissible.

I feel very very small and stupid right now, but thank you to all who have helped to find the error.