New game crashes in 19.6 - anyone know what these errors mean?

Lumpus

spacer.png

As always, I wiped the entire 7D2D game directory with every alpha change, then did clean new install from Steam.  I could start a New Game w/o errors, but later loading a Saved game will generate these errors and almost immediately freeze then BSD, hard reboot of pc.  Tried wiping/clean reinstall repeatedly (3x so far), no change.  If it's pertinent, I am using a KingGen game map and only the Darkness Falls mod (Khaine has never seen this error before either).

What does 'get country.code Error: NameResolution' mean?

Edited by Lumpus (see edit history)

BSD are sometimes hardware, but also can be driver or SW issues.

New/Clean Win10 install 3 weeks ago.  New Radeon driver install.

Replaced system memory

Monitoring cpu thermals (all normal)

Running out of possible hardware things to troubleshoot.  Whocrashed isn't finding any culprit.

BSD ONLY ever occurs in 7D2D.  Every other game/app runs perfectly.

can still be hardware even if you checked them all.. something just may be a lemon regardless its name or how new. but as it has been pointed out.. BSOD can and most likely your cp/gpu or psu over heating.

it can be very frustrating but as demanding as 7dtd is, it is taxing one of those and thats the part you need to isolate and replace. it can also even be a new driver update.

Edited by unholyjoe (see edit history)

Win10 is not leaving crash reports - I've tweaked the Recovery settings and turned off automatic reboot.  When I can get a crash dump I'll run Whocrashed.  I've consider PSU issues... but good ones are unobtainium this year, so I'll try and rule out everything else first 😕

Have you tried running it vanilla to see if the same issue occurs?  Another person was reporting crashes under the same conditions as you in the DF thread in the Mods subforum.  They included a bit more of their log which showed the game was trying to load assets and not finding them.

Also check to ensure everything is seated properly.  I once accidently "nudged" my computer and started to have crashes.  Turned out that my graphics card wasn't seated properly.

1 hour ago, Lumpus said:

Win10 is not leaving crash reports - I've tweaked the Recovery settings and turned off automatic reboot.  When I can get a crash dump I'll run Whocrashed.  I've consider PSU issues... but good ones are unobtainium this year, so I'll try and rule out everything else first 😕

You said you're getting BSOD errors, there's a code on that screen.