Can not stack blocks on top of each other, they want to go in midair

jnelsoninjax

I am playing A19.5 (b60) and created a large base without much trouble except suddenly everything I place is floating ,not sitting flat. The same seems to hold true now to building a new area as well, I got my foundation blocks all up to steel, and tried to build walls using blocks as I did in my previous base, but I can not get the blocks to go flat, they want to hover or float about 3/4 of a block height (I tried to put one underneath which is how I came to that conclusion). Is this a bug with this build, or is there something else I need to do to correct it?

hi @jnelsoninjax

you didnt show us in a video or screen shot what blocks you have issues with so i am presuming you are using a 1/2 bock or something of that nature.. please watch video and hopefully it will help, if it doesnt please make a video showing your issue.

in many pois, there are blocks that are partial and you may be building on them as well..

:)
QA Tester-unholyjoe

Edited by unholyjoe (see edit history)

1. DBS = DeBugScreenshot -> F11 in a19.5+.

2. DM = Debug Menu (that bunch of text you see on the left side of your screen) -> drop console type DM hit enter and close console, then hit F3.

3. many programs out there and wont list them.. i use Bandicam (available for free with size limitations and watermark).

4. set up your recording software and get into game and have it running. (some people prefer not to talk but we cant read minds and sometimes its best to hear what you are doing or attempting).

5. stop recording when done and then upload it to youtube (i have an account and you may need one as well (not sure now)).  also set video up either as public or unlisted  (DO NOT use private as a password will be required).

also, my volume for the mic is at 95% to try to keep from distorting and is loud in every video i play back.

i use the Blue Yeti microphone on a boom.

:)
QA Tester-unholyjoe

Edited by unholyjoe (see edit history)

9 hours ago, jnelsoninjax said:

Well, whatever was giving me the trouble seems to have quit. I went to a different area and build a new base/home with no problems.
I only have one question: what do you use to build a roof?

Depends on whether you are simply after functionality or after style. There are blocks that are not craftable by the player and only available in creative menue.

I assume you know about the shape menue? If not, craft a wood frame block or a flagstone block and hold the R key for a full second. You get to a radial menue and one of the options lets you build a lot of different shapes.

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

OK, so after some detective work, I have determined what the issue is: If I use wooden planks instead of the full sized wooden blocks, then nothing will stack on top of them, rather they will hover. I am in the process of rebuilding my roof, because I used the planks instead on blocks, and everything I set on top hovers, and looks freaking weird!

4 hours ago, jnelsoninjax said:

OK, so after some detective work, I have determined what the issue is: If I use wooden planks instead of the full sized wooden blocks, then nothing will stack on top of them, rather they will hover. I am in the process of rebuilding my roof, because I used the planks instead on blocks, and everything I set on top hovers, and looks freaking weird!

You can actually do this on purpose, with one plate on the bottom of the first block and one plate on the top of the second block, to make a gap big enough to walk through 😁

6 hours ago, saminal said:

You can actually do this on purpose, with one plate on the bottom of the first block and one plate on the top of the second block, to make a gap big enough to walk through 😁

It just looks so odd that way! I am not sure why it does that other than as you said to allow you to walk underneath.