Help out a fellow friend! Heal and Revive !

saoron666

Since the game came out, i've been playing it with friends.

One thing you always get in MOST games is to be able to help out a fellow friend with cures and reviving..

Who is for, making the last lvl for Physician able to revive a fellow teammate ?

Let's say give at least a 10 sec chance to kill the zombies on the person and quickly reviving them? healing them.. ?

Isn't a coop game like this important to have such option ? or having a perk just for that?

While it's a common mechanic in co-op:s, I wouldn't deem it important in any way. For me 7dtd is as much a solo game as it is a team game, and I don't think I've seen a particularly good implementation of "help-me-I'm-useless" even in team-PvE games. For PvP fights it does give a layer of complexity, where you can risk your own hide to recover a teammate, but for anything else, it's mostly an annoying "disabled state" to wait through before you die.

Edited by theFlu (see edit history)

On 6/30/2021 at 1:27 PM, JCrook1028 said:

You already can.....

you telling me i can REVIVE A TEAMMATE ?!

I dont think so, when she dies its like gone, the body dissapears..

On 6/30/2021 at 1:35 PM, theFlu said:

While it's a common mechanic in co-op:s, I wouldn't deem it important in any way. For me 7dtd is as much a solo game as it is a team game, and I don't think I've seen a particularly good implementation of "help-me-I'm-useless" even in team-PvE games. For PvP fights it does give a layer of complexity, where you can risk your own hide to recover a teammate, but for anything else, it's mostly an annoying "disabled state" to wait through before you die.

Are you sure you can revive a teammate in coop ? when i see my friend die he just disappears so quickly ..

2 minutes ago, saoron666 said:

you telling me i can REVIVE A TEAMMATE ?!

I dont think so, when she dies its like gone, the body dissapears..

Are you sure you can revive a teammate in coop ? when i see my friend die he just disappears so quickly ..

and then what happens? He revives all by himself, at his bedroll. What you're asking for already happens.

1 minute ago, JCrook1028 said:

and then what happens? He revives all by himself, at his bedroll. What you're asking for already happens.

well she is sitting next to me i see on her monitor, when she dies i dont see her chr and she still on the screen where she can chose bedroll or near it..

but you certain when the zombies are on her eating her lol i can still kill them and revive her ?

Miscommunication..

saoron means bringing back to life a dead player on the spot where they died, with a "medic" action from a teammate. You can't, currently.

JCrook means they are already automatically "reviving", *on their bedroll*. Yes sure but that's not what was being proposed.

3 minutes ago, Junuxx said:

Miscommunication..

saoron means bringing back to life a dead player on the spot where they died, with a "medic" action from a teammate. You can't, currently.

JCrook means they are already automatically "reviving", *on their bedroll*. Yes sure but that's not what was being proposed.

Yes exactly that!

since we doing Quests tier 5 it could happen that one of us dies in the process and it is unfortunate that we cannot revive each other and 1  loses the quest.

Not sure this would work very well for a vanilla playthrough. Modding, sure, of course. But vanilla is meant to be a survival game. When you die, you fail that objective of the game, so you get some form of ... i dont wanna say punishment, but that's kinda what it is. If you're able to just revive the person, their death then means absolutely nothing, cept a +1 on the counter screen.

As for modding your own game, there was a mod someone was working on that had this. Instead of dying, you got knocked out and could be revived.. But that was for a pvp based mod. Not a survival mod. I unfortunately can't remember the name of it, or if it was even released, but it's possible, if you wanted to get into the modding scene.

1 hour ago, saoron666 said:

Are you sure you can revive a teammate in coop ?

Atm, in seven days to die, no; I was talking about your "battle res" - type thing in other coop games. So, I got the idea, I just don't see it that tempting for this game.