Jump to content

Help out a fellow friend! Heal and Revive !


saoron666

Recommended Posts

Since the game came out, i've been playing it with friends.

One thing you always get in MOST games is to be able to help out a fellow friend with cures and reviving..

 

Who is for, making the last lvl for Physician able to revive a fellow teammate ?

 

Let's say give at least a 10 sec chance to kill the zombies on the person and quickly reviving them? healing them.. ?

 

Isn't a coop game like this important to have such option ? or having a perk just for that?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

While it's a common mechanic in co-op:s, I wouldn't deem it important in any way. For me 7dtd is as much a solo game as it is a team game, and I don't think I've seen a particularly good implementation of "help-me-I'm-useless" even in team-PvE games. For PvP fights it does give a layer of complexity, where you can risk your own hide to recover a teammate, but for anything else, it's mostly an annoying "disabled state" to wait through before you die.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/30/2021 at 1:27 PM, JCrook1028 said:

You already can.....

you telling me i can REVIVE A TEAMMATE ?!

I dont think so, when she dies its like gone, the body dissapears..

 

On 6/30/2021 at 1:35 PM, theFlu said:

While it's a common mechanic in co-op:s, I wouldn't deem it important in any way. For me 7dtd is as much a solo game as it is a team game, and I don't think I've seen a particularly good implementation of "help-me-I'm-useless" even in team-PvE games. For PvP fights it does give a layer of complexity, where you can risk your own hide to recover a teammate, but for anything else, it's mostly an annoying "disabled state" to wait through before you die.

Are you sure you can revive a teammate in coop ? when i see my friend die he just disappears so quickly ..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, saoron666 said:

you telling me i can REVIVE A TEAMMATE ?!

I dont think so, when she dies its like gone, the body dissapears..

 

Are you sure you can revive a teammate in coop ? when i see my friend die he just disappears so quickly ..

and then what happens? He revives all by himself, at his bedroll. What you're asking for already happens.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, JCrook1028 said:

and then what happens? He revives all by himself, at his bedroll. What you're asking for already happens.

well she is sitting next to me i see on her monitor, when she dies i dont see her chr and she still on the screen where she can chose bedroll or near it..

but you certain when the zombies are on her eating her lol i can still kill them and revive her ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Miscommunication..

 

saoron means bringing back to life a dead player on the spot where they died, with a "medic" action from a teammate. You can't, currently.

 

JCrook means they are already automatically "reviving", *on their bedroll*. Yes sure but that's not what was being proposed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Junuxx said:

Miscommunication..

 

saoron means bringing back to life a dead player on the spot where they died, with a "medic" action from a teammate. You can't, currently.

 

JCrook means they are already automatically "reviving", *on their bedroll*. Yes sure but that's not what was being proposed.

Yes exactly that!

since we doing Quests tier 5 it could happen that one of us dies in the process and it is unfortunate that we cannot revive each other and 1  loses the quest.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not sure this would work very well for a vanilla playthrough. Modding, sure, of course. But vanilla is meant to be a survival game. When you die, you fail that objective of the game, so you get some form of ... i dont wanna say punishment, but that's kinda what it is. If you're able to just revive the person, their death then means absolutely nothing, cept a +1 on the counter screen.

As for modding your own game, there was a mod someone was working on that had this. Instead of dying, you got knocked out and could be revived.. But that was for a pvp based mod. Not a survival mod. I unfortunately can't remember the name of it, or if it was even released, but it's possible, if you wanted to get into the modding scene.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, saoron666 said:

Are you sure you can revive a teammate in coop ?

Atm, in seven days to die, no; I was talking about your "battle res" - type thing in other coop games. So, I got the idea, I just don't see it that tempting for this game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...