Fishing and Tackle boxes

Travis Shaw

My dream as a survivor world be fishing skill or perk .   Nice to see we have hunting skill and tracking .  I would love to see fishing perk and i would love to be able to find and make my own fishing pole and reels .   Maybe add in a fishing and tackle store some where  with little perks like a cup of earth worms and Minnows in big ole fishing tanks in the back of the store for bait .   Maybe some fishermen store clerk Zombies .    Maybe some fishing boat 's and trailers can toe  .  I would love to also see Salmon and trout and bass and all kinds of see and river and pond life frogs and turtles ....   Sharks for the Ocean if you wanna get real scary Zombie Sharks  o god that would scare the hell out of me ....   may be some Alligator and  Crocodiles  in the swamp areas and make some of those Zombies lol ... Ok ok i am going to have Nightmares just thinking about this stuff lol   ....

4 hours ago, Travis Shaw said:

My dream as a survivor world be fishing skill or perk .   Nice to see we have hunting skill and tracking .  I would love to see fishing perk and i would love to be able to find and make my own fishing pole and reels .   Maybe add in a fishing and tackle store some where  with little perks like a cup of earth worms and Minnows in big ole fishing tanks in the back of the store for bait .   Maybe some fishermen store clerk Zombies .    Maybe some fishing boat 's and trailers can toe  .  I would love to also see Salmon and trout and bass and all kinds of see and river and pond life frogs and turtles ....   Sharks for the Ocean if you wanna get real scary Zombie Sharks  o god that would scare the hell out of me ....   may be some Alligator and  Crocodiles  in the swamp areas and make some of those Zombies lol ... Ok ok i am going to have Nightmares just thinking about this stuff lol   ....

Stage 1 Primitive fishing pole - 5 cotton, 10 wood.

Stage 2 Improved or reinforced fishing pole - 5 string (10 cotton per string) 5-10 forged iron, 5 duct tape.

Stage 3 (final) durable fishing pole. 10 string, 10 forged steel, 15 mechanical parts, and 10 duct tape.

Each pole should allow you to catch larger fish. For example, Primitive can catch red snapper. Reinforced can catch tilapia. Durable can catch catfish.

They should have ammo much like a gun. If you hold bait (different types as well and select by holding R like a bow) then it'll display 1/x (how much your carrying).

It has a lot of possibilities but the main issue is how much food would they give? They wouldn't require looting like eggs or canned goods, so it would need a recipe. Plus we have canned tuna as it is for fish tacos so that could get removed.

It does add a lot of possibilities and i like where your heads at!

2 hours ago, Darklegend222 said:

Stage 1 Primitive fishing pole - 5 cotton, 10 wood.

Stage 2 Improved or reinforced fishing pole - 5 string (10 cotton per string) 5-10 forged iron, 5 duct tape.

Stage 3 (final) durable fishing pole. 10 string, 10 forged steel, 15 mechanical parts, and 10 duct tape.

Each pole should allow you to catch larger fish. For example, Primitive can catch red snapper. Reinforced can catch tilapia. Durable can catch catfish.

They should have ammo much like a gun. If you hold bait (different types as well and select by holding R like a bow) then it'll display 1/x (how much your carrying).

It has a lot of possibilities but the main issue is how much food would they give? They wouldn't require looting like eggs or canned goods, so it would need a recipe. Plus we have canned tuna as it is for fish tacos so that could get removed.

It does add a lot of possibilities and i like where your heads at!

i agree with this idea

I would not have anything against fishing but at this point, I would rather see nailing other existing systems in 7DTD. I wouldn`t have anything against fishing as an in-game mechanic, already there have been some concept art with a shark. Devs already mentioned a complete rework of water behavior. I might be mind-blown if devs manage to implement better water physics someday, proper swimming animations, rafts, other vessels, and animals living in the water.

Edited by TWORDY (see edit history)