Battery Bank A19.4

AlexHarris

Does anyone know how to recharge the Battery Banks? I can only find videos and messages about it that are out of date. With the A19.4 update, I can't find a Solar Bank at all. If they took this out of the game, then how are we supposed to charge the batteries? I have hooked up 2 different Battery Banks together and it charges one, while the other still decreases. I can't maintain a charge and it's close to another Blood Moon. 

Solar banks are only sold at traders, only  way to ger one.  With Better Barter maxed out, you can start seeing them in secret stash earlier that you would without it.

1 hour ago, doughphunghus said:

You should be able to hook up a generator to it. E.g.  generator (with gas, turned on and running) -> battery bank, with batteries in it, turned on -> rest of stuff

I did something different.  Before I had solar panels, I had a generator bank hooked up only to battery banks.  It was my charging station.

When you open the battery bank you maybe notice the batteries inside arn't full anymore.

Just compare these with newly salvaged/looted ones and you notice the fuelbar.

You can replace the empty ones with new ones and use the empty ones for crafting. But that only would be a temporary solution.

You need to connect a generator to the battery bank to charge it.

So I connect my Generator to the Battery Bank and then connect the Battery Bank to anything else. Will the Generator recharge any batteries (Completely used up), or just somewhat used/ full batteries? The Battery Bank shows that it's not using any watts. The Generator is only connected to the Battery Bank and both are on. Will the Battery bank actually use Watts when more batteries are charged?

1 hour ago, AlexHarris said:

So I connect my Generator to the Battery Bank and then connect the Battery Bank to anything else. Will the Generator recharge any batteries (Completely used up), or just somewhat used/ full batteries? The Battery Bank shows that it's not using any watts. The Generator is only connected to the Battery Bank and both are on. Will the Battery bank actually use Watts when more batteries are charged?

It will if the watts of the generator are greater than the circuit.  The battery bank will use 5 watts to fully charge batteries in one day.  So ideally you want your generator to provide total circuit + 5 watts.

If the generator is less than the circuit, the battery bank will not charge any batteries.  Make sure everything is on.

12 hours ago, AlexHarris said:

Yep.

When the generator produce 500W and your stuff just need 300W, the battery pack will be charged with 200W.

And when you got solar panels, you replace the generator with them.

2 hours ago, Canute said:

Yep.

When the generator produce 500W and your stuff just need 300W, the battery pack will be charged with 200W.

And when you got solar panels, you replace the generator with them.

incorrect.  Generators and battery packs with 6x q6 batteries can only output a max of 300W.

Also, lets say you had a generator outputing 300 watts hooked up to a battery bank and your circuit total was only 100 watts after the battery bank.  The battery bank will only use 5 watts of the available 200 watts to charge up.