2021 future update speculation thread.

Horatio Chachi

So I created this account recently seeking juicer update info without any painfully ostentatious youtubers, I start looking around this forum, and I see they have an entire thread topic for speculation and that it hasn't been touched since 2016.

That's kind of @%$#ed, so here's a new thread.

I'll start: whatever happened to NPC's? My understanding is that they were originally slated for A19, but got cut. One would assume that this would push them to A20, but AFAIK there hasn't been any talk of this from the devs.

Edited by Horatio Chachi (see edit history)

Technically the traders are NPCs but the bandits have been pushed back a bit, TFP are laying the foundations for the bandits with the new character system planned for A21.

I don’t remember where they said this though, can someone else confirm?

Even huge studios have enough headaches when it comes to programming AI. If Bandits are finally shipped someday, I would not expect anything ground shaking.

I doubt that bandits are going to be shipped in Alpha 21. I would rather anticipate the first steps in programming the early behavior of NPCs.

13 hours ago, Horatio Chachi said:

So I created this account recently seeking juicer update info without any painfully ostentatious youtubers, I start looking around this forum, and I see they have an entire thread topic for speculation and that it hasn't been touched since 2016.

That's kind of @%$#ed, so here's a new thread.

I'll start: whatever happened to NPC's? My understanding is that they were originally slated for A19, but got cut. One would assume that this would push them to A20, but AFAIK there hasn't been any talk of this from the devs.

You haven't been looking hard enough

They create a new post for each Alpha and discuss upcoming changes / additions.

About NPCs, they are still on the drawing boards.  AI changes to zombies were made (back in A18 I think but I may be off) in preparation of bandits being introduced into the game. 

42 minutes ago, BFT2020 said:

You haven't been looking hard enough

They create a new post for each Alpha and discuss upcoming changes / additions.

About NPCs, they are still on the drawing boards.  AI changes to zombies were made (back in A18 I think but I may be off) in preparation of bandits being introduced into the game. 

Yep that's true , well there were created a bandit models near alpha 18 but you know ai problems so they just push it in to the future. For now we have only traders npc . In A20 is going to be for example RWG new zombie models guns etc